Multiples

Free Stuff!

I decided to mail letters to several companies announcing our twins and requesting samples or coupons. I included copies of birth certs. I have been pleasantly surprised by the response. So far I've gotteb Dr Brown bottles, triple paste, Gerber $10 coupon, bibs, Tomy sippy cups & utensils, Luvs diapers & lots of manufacturer coupons. It was well worth the time to print up the letters & the cost of postage. I know there are some older threads with company names and addresses. I googled and found a blog with a good list and went from there.

Anyone else have success getting freebies?

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

Re: Free Stuff!

• Can you post the link to the blog? I've been wanting to check this out but haven't seen a good list. And need to wait a few months til they are born ;)
  • Pampers and energizer (playetex) also sent me great coupons. I don't have the link any more but I googled free stuff for multiples. I believe one link was for the Krazy Coupon Lady. I also did the similac multiples program and received a case of formula. Have to get paperwork from your hospital or MD.
  • Loading the player...
  • So I totally love this idea and I want to do it!

Sidebar.. is it safe to mail copies of birth certificates to random companies? I am thinking along the lines that it could open up a door for someone to steal babies' identities or other fraudulent activity? Honestly not trying to freak anyone out, but do you think you could still get some good deals like this if you sent just a letter? Or a letter plus a photo of the little kiddos? 

• zazu13zazu13 member
    I'm not sure this was the one I actually used, but there are several things that come up if you google.

I didn't verify any of the addresses when I sent mine and so far 3 letters were returned, so I just googled correct addresses and re-sent those. 

The safety concern is a valid one, but I guess I am a risk taker ;) The birtch certificate copies I sent weren't very good, barely readable. I shrunk them down and put both on one page. I doubt they would pass as a legal document for anything and they don't have much identifying information other than names and hospital (no address or SS#).  It looks like calling all the companies is an option as well, but that sounded like too much work for me. 

I

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I always though birth certificates were pretty much public record. They just give the name, parents and place of birth... easy info to find ..... The SS# isn't on there or anything. So I don't think there would be much harm in sending it off anywhere, though is it necessary to go that far?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • What a great link, @zazu13 ! Thanks for sharing!

And I don't think you're a risk taker, I was just wondering.  Where I work, I sometimes see the 'worst case scenarios' of this type of thing, so I was just thinking outloud with my concerns.  It would be an awful lot of trouble for someone to go through, but never hurts to be cautious! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"