Adoption

Creepy Lurker Intro

kath16kath16 member
edited June 2014 in Adoption
Hi Ladies,

I wanted to thank you all for this board and also introduce myself as a "dirty lurker"

We are verrrrrrrrrry early in the information-gathering stage of hopefully adopting, and I just wanted to introduce myself since I have reading about your experiences. It only seems fair. 

Though you will see from my signature that I have recently had a miscarriage, there is no reason at this point to think that I will never have living biological children of my own. But it is still on my heart to give a good loving home to a child or children who need one. It's a little overwhelming at this point to wade through the mountains of information available, but you ladies have given me good places to start and some good discussion points and things to think about with my H. It's still a bit intimidating at this point, both with the potential costs, all of the unknowns and just the amount of decisions that would have to be made to move forward, but it's really exciting.

A little about me: H and I are both in our early 30s ... We are Christians, actively involved with our church, and live in PA. I'm an athlete and I love to watch sports. I can watch anything competitive honestly, but my favorites are football and soccer. I am open to brutal honesty when necessary, so please do not feel like you have to hold anything back just because you think you're going to hurt my feelings. Other than blatantly identifying information (I am slightly paranoid of internet stranger danger) I am an open book, so please feel free to ask me anything. Otherwise I pretty much plan on mostly lurking for a while until we really get going. 

Thank you for reading! And thank you for helping me so much already by sharing your experiences :-)

BFP #1: 4/7/14, EDD: 12/16/14 -- Missed Miscarriage - D&C  on 5/13 at 9 weeks
BFP #2: 10/24/14, EDD: 07/04/15 -- Chemical Pregnancy confirmed 10/27
BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows

Re: Creepy Lurker Intro

• kath16kath16 member
    H'llo! There are some very great ladies on this board, with lots of wonderful advice and experience. Hoping you find it as welcoming as I have. DH and I are pursuing international adoption, but a lot of the families here are DIA (domestic infant adoption) or fostering if you are leaning in that direction.
    Thank you! My H is set on a domestic (US) adoption of some sort so we will more than likely follow either a DIA or foster-to-adopt plan. I'm nervous of the costs but we are just trying to collect as much info as can. 

Thanks for the warm welcome :-)

BFP #3: 11/28/14, EDD: 08/06/15 -- Strong heartbeat at 6 weeks, Missed Miscarriage - D&C on 1/9 at 10 weeks

rainbows
  • Welcome! 

DH and I are still trying for our own bio LO while we pursue foster-to-adopt.  We went the FTA route due to costs.  We didn't feel comfortable trying to balance our everyday living with the costs of IF and DIA.  Yes, we take more risk that the LO will be reunited with their birth family, but at this point we really feel it's something we've been called to do.

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! We did DIA in PA in 2010. GL in your path forward!
  • Welcome! We are in the early stages of DIA in PA! (So far I am LOVING my agency- so let me know if you want a recommendation)

"Even miracles take a little time"

• We are also in PA, and in the early stages of foster adoption.
  • Love your user name!!! DH and I adopted and are now TTC. How far along are you in your process? If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give me a shout. I'd love to talk adoption with you :)
  • Welcome!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• kath16kath16 member
    Welcome! We are in the early stages of DIA in PA! (So far I am LOVING my agency- so let me know if you want a recommendation)
    Ummm YES PLEASE that would be amazing :-) 

rainbows
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • We are working with Adoptions From The Heart (www.afth.org) Every time I see my social worker I love her more- we just met with 2 birth moms and they couldn't stop talking about how much they loved the agency and the social workers. Good Luck

(I don't know where in PA you live, but I have been working with the Lancaster Pa office)

"Even miracles take a little time"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"