July 2014 Moms

35 weeks and really uncomfortable

I'm 35 weeks and have found that the past few days I've been miserable. I don't know what peanut is up to but I feel really sore around my bump all the time. I'm exhausted because of it. Should i consider some kind of bump support? Any recommendations? :(

Re: 35 weeks and really uncomfortable

• You could but at this point you don't have much longer to go really. Go try some on and see if it helps.
  • Loading the player...
  • I know it's late on but I'm quite an active person. I can't bear the idea of lying around until the baby comes :(
  • I've never worn one but this baby has been low my entire pregnancy. I've never been kicked in the ribs or had trouble breathing (besides the huffing and puffing from just general out of breath). The baby has been dropping for a few days and it's now common for me just to hold my lower belly all the time.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• My hips were killing me so bad the other day I took Tylenol for them, which did help provide some relief. Unfortunately, with baby on its way down, there's just going to be a lot more pressure. You could try some support but at this point the only real relief is going to be delivering the baby.
  • reg202reg202 member
    I wore a support belt back in 2nd tri which helped with my back pain a lot but the downside was, it pressed right into my bladder and I would pee 10x more often with one on.  Eventually I just decided I'd rather deal with a bit of back pain.  We're almost there; hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 35 weeks and also having a lot of discomfort. Baby is packing on the weight now so the kicks are getting harder and harder. Try changing positions when you get sore. Walking around to try to get the baby to shift may also help. Mine likes to press on what I assume is a nerve and sometimes hangs out there all day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• It definitely goes with the territory. I also I got a little more comfortable when my transverse baby finally turned head down at 38 weeks. I think that position made me extra uncomfortable somehow. Not sure that applies to you though...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jnnfrrose6jnnfrrose6 member
    edited June 2014
    Bump Burp.
  • Yep. Just listen to your body and rest when you need to. I've become much "lazier", the further along I get.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • lynjae2004lynjae2004 member
    edited June 2014
    Swimming or a warm bath seem to help me with the soreness & pressure. Or maybe I just enjoy the weightless feeling so much that I temporarily forget the pain!
    I haven't tried a support belt- just assumed being uncomfortable, sore, and feeling like I'm walking around with a bowling ball between my legs were all part of the super fun last part of 3rd trimester...
  • Get a massage.
  • I got a brace around week 20 something because I couldn't walk across the room. It helped immensely. I should have bought in my final weeks of my first pregnancy, when I also hurt immensely. BUT I planned on having a second. IF you're not having more, it may not be worth it. The brace was either 20 or 40$ so it didn't break the bank. But even with it on, I'd listen to my body and only use it to get necessary things done- not so that I could continue working out or doing crazy things. I got it so I could get my ass to the kitchen and cook, load a dish washer then put-put back to the couch to rest as my body wasn't taking things too well. At 20 weeks, wearing it for a few weeks really helped and I didn't NEED it all the time after a while...at 35 weeks, I'm not sure if there will be lasting relief. It's just a bitch to be 35 weeks...36 ...37...41 weeks pregnant. It sucks ass. This is the time just to respect your body- find things to do sitting. Just wait till labor, that hurts like a bitch. And post partum hurts more then this too...drink in this "comfort" you have now. It's about to get really crazy.
    imageimage"">

• I'm 35 weeks too and the past few weeks I have grown more uncomfortable, my baby has definitely had a growth spurt. I had a support belt at about 5 months and wore it quite a bit, it can't say if it helps or not, but I do wear it now when I go on long walks and I used to wear it when I was still running and I've had absolutely no back pain. I've also got an amazing chiropractor who is trained in the Webster technique, I'll be seeing her twice a week until I deliver. Pregnancy is definitely uncomfortable, but I come from the line of thought that if something hurts something is wrong. I bought some new shoes for my achy feet, hopefully that will fix my foot pain! Good luck, I say get the belt, sitting around in pain waiting for baby to be born is no fun!
  • Looking back, week 35 was a really hard, uncomfortable week for me. It's actually gotten better since then. 

*ducks*
    I'm holding onto that promise ghost.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• edited June 2014
    I understand that. I was just asking for some non judgemental advice. I don't need to be scolded by anyone. Thanks to those who have been nice :)
  • I understand that. I was just asking for some non judgemental advice. I don't need to be scolded by anyone. Thanks to those who have been nice :)
    No one judged or scolded you…. until now.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• I came here to have a little moan because I'm feeling incredibly lonely right now. I hoped that I could do that here. If I've offended anyone I'm sorry, won't happen again.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  •  im confused.....who was mean? could someone show me what could have been rude on here?
    image.
  • Go swimming! 

Although I'm having a RCS next week, I went ahead and bought a PP support belt that is doubling as a back support brace right now. I believe it's the Medela brand. It does actually help lift the belly up but then I do have to pee a lot. Choose your hell. 

Also, you have not offended anyone. We're all in the same boat and we're all uncomfortable. It comes with the territory. 

• I came here to have a little moan because I'm feeling incredibly lonely right now. I hoped that I could do that here. If I've offended anyone I'm sorry, won't happen again.

WELL YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT KIND OF THING AROUND HERE.

At least not passive aggressively. We like moar fight.
    Don't yell at me. Never mind, I won't be back.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kmawbkmawb member

Ok I'll play nice @Daughterofeve84

A suggestion for a belly support that would continue to be useful once baby is here: a wrap or sling.  I've been using both my Maya ring sling and my Sleepy Wrap (kind of like a Moby) for some extra belly support and to take some of the weight/pressure off my aching hips.

Just do a quick internet search and there are instructions on how to wear one while still pregnant as a belly support and once the baby is here you can continue to use it for baby wearing.

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
    WELL YOU JUST CAN'T DO THAT KIND OF THING AROUND HERE. At least not passive aggressively. We like moar fight.
    Don't yell at me. Never mind, I won't be back.
    Lit was just being funny and sarca...oh hell, forget it.

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• The only things I can say try is maybe a nice warm bath, extra pillows for support (under bump and between legs while laying on your side) and rest as much as you can. Being so near to the end is hard. I've struggled from about 34 weeks onwards (now 37 weeks) and I'm counting down the days to my c section. Totally get how your feeling. Xx
  • hab83hab83 member
    Epsom salt baths have become my latest hobby over the last month. They help - marginally. I'm 39 weeks now. I say every week that it surely can't get worse and then it does. You'd think I would know that it does since I'm a STM...ha!

I understand wanting to continue to be active, but you're growing a human being, and that human being is rapidly growing right now. It's not fun to hit "the wall" but it does mean you're closer to meeting your baby.
  • TRS48TRS48 member
    Try having twins... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"