Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby carriers- not wraps/ slings

What baby carrier would you recommend? I have a moby that was handed down so would prefer one that's more structured. Would also like my husband to be able to use it and he is very broad and muscular (not sure if they come in sizes or some are better at larger fit than others). Thanks for your suggestions!

Re: Baby carriers- not wraps/ slings

• Options
    Love love love my Beco Gemini. I do think it fits fairly slim compared to others though. I haven't worn other structured carriers to compare, but have heard others say that. Beco has other models though besides the Gemini.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Beco, I have both styles and love them! I have tried almost everything and these are the winners by leaps and bounds!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited June 2014
    I've got the Beco Soleil and it adjusts to fit me (5'2") and my muscular 5'9" husband very well. I preferred it over the Ergo for comfort.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    kee271kee271 member
    I have the Lillebaby Airflow. It's super comfortable! Both me and my LO overheat really easily, and it keeps us both comfortable.
  • Options
    My husband is also very muscular and he loves the ergo. We have to loosen all of the straps but it works and it's comfortable. We went to a local baby store and tried it on before we bought it. My husband gets very warm so we went with the Ergo Performance which is made of different fabric and breathes more. We are both able to put it on by ourselves.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • Options
    mkepanthermkepanther member
    edited June 2014
    We have the Boba 4G and love it. It comes with an infant insert that puts baby up higher. It has great padding and a nice hood. It also comes with feet straps you can use once LO is bigger. My husband and I both use it.

Plus if you sign up for emails from either Buy Buy Baby or Bed Bath and Beyond, you can use the 20% off coupon! We ordered through Bed Bath and Beyond to get free shipping!
  • Options
    ergo. i am very petite, and i still carry my 2.5y in the ergo.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    I carried my 20 lb 21 month old for hours in the Ergo when I was 8 mos pregnant. (She hates strollers.) It also fits my husband, who is 6'2 and a former football player. He's a big guy. I don't like it for newborns, though. Couldn't figure out how to keep their head from falling on their chest and couldn't see very well if it was happening.
  • Options
    Loved my Boba4G when my DD was little.  We now have a Toddler Tula.  I'd be tempted to go the Standard Tula for a new baby since I love our Toddler so much.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    fraseyfrasey member
    Love my Beco Butterfly.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Im about to recommend one that no one has mentioned... Tula. Hands down the most comfortable carrier me and my husband have ever tried. I lead a local babywearing group and I LOVE the Tula. Trust me on this. Its leaps and bounds above an Ergo lol. :) We had an ergo for about 8 months til I bought my tula and we honestly havent looked back. 
    .Became a mama to my sweet little boy after 3 years of waiting and praying in October '12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarried twins from our first IUI cycle. D&C on August 14th, 2014
    Second IUI cycle: BFP
    Beta #1 (13dpiui): 74 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 505 Beta #3 (18dpiui): 1205
    First Ultrasound- 6w2d 110BPM! Our baby has a heartbeat!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    We love our tula but never tried other soft structured carriers so we can't compare it to others.
  • Options
    I have an ergo and use it daily

• Options
    Can you try these on at the store?
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"