Multiples
Options

Question about movement and multiples

So, pregnant with twins.  Almost 23 weeks.  

Have felt one baby all the time for many weeks and the other baby rarely.  It's not that we've stopped feeling the baby move; I rarely have since movements started.  Even when we are at the MFM office and watch both babies dancing and playing all over the screen, I can still never feel the girl.  Sometimes, it feels worrisome, even though every single visit, she's there moving just like he is.  

Anyone else have this experience?  I do have placenta previa and maybe that's why but I did figure now that they're bigger, I'd feel her.    

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Question about movement and multiples

• Options
    This happened to me also. Doc was surprised that I felt very little movement even with my singleton. I felt kicks & flips, but only big ones. I chalk part of it up to being overweight. 220 prior to pregnancy. 265 at delivery.
  • Options
    Thanks!  Dr said the way the girl was facing I might not feel as much and just as I clicked POST REPLY, she started wiggling.  Good girl <3.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    For a long time I felt A move a lot and very rarely felt B. Now I feel B move more but I think it's because A is bigger and probably running out of room. Who you feel move more can definitely depend on placenta position, baby size and position.

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• Options
    JenyB6JenyB6 member
    I felt baby A move a lot. Baby B I didn't feel more often until 28 wks. BabyB also has her placenta in the from so it prevents feeling a lot of the movement. Then as they got bigger I had a hard time tell the difference because of there placement.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Almost 24 weeks with twins here. A bit ago I thought I wasn't feeling Baby A much for a couple weeks but found out at a MFM ultrasound that the boys were pretty much laying on top of each other so I was feeling both, just couldn't tell them apart because of position. They've kind of migrated away from each other and are pretty much left and right now but they do have different movement patterns mostly that B is still somersaulting around and A had decided he likes to be head down. The kicks come from all over now:)
  • Options
    Thanks all!  I've had similar experiences with telling the ultrasound tech/MFM that I wasn't feeling Baby B (girl) and she wouldn't be where I thought she was/where she was last time.  It's quite an adventure with two growing in there!  I look/feel full term and have months to go ;) 

• Options
    I did not feel my twins move much. Even when I could see them moving all around on u/s I could not feel them. They are now active and healthy.
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    H moved a lot more than E. He still does. He's the hyper one and E is content to sit and watch.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hah!! I posted this myself at 20-ish weeks. Baby B moved so much we called the baby Bam Bam and I barely ever felt A. Now, Bam Bam is Josie who does NOT STOP moving and kicking, and A is Alexandra who is so quiet and chill. I think partly A was just in a position to feel her less, but she also just didn't move as much. B was right in my belly button and loved kicking constantly and still does. 

Try not to worry!!!
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks, mamas!  I don't worry anymore now that we've had so many US.  Helpful to hear how common this is and makes me wonder if, like others, she'll be as chill out as she is in!

• Options
    Thanks, mamas!  I don't worry anymore now that we've had so many US.  Helpful to hear how common this is and makes me wonder if, like others, she'll be as chill out as she is in!
    Its nice to have one chill baby. If I had two bam bams, I'd disappear in the middle of the night and move to a new country. 
    ********************************************************************************************
    Married my best friend, June 8, 2008

5/17/13 BFP!!! 6/6/13 - OMG its TWINS!

Josie and Lexie were born on January 4, 2014 at 37w2d
    Josie was 5lbs2oz, Lexie was 4lbs15oz 
    Both had a 9 APGAR score with no NICU time
    Planned unscheduled C-Section due to both being breech
    We all went home on Jan 6th, 2 days after surgery

My popular blog posts:

imageimage

imageimage
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing! I'm 17weeks and I was really hoping because there are 2 of them in there I would be able to feel them but I still haven't really felt anything. I have had a few moments where I stop and think "maybe that was something" but it's gone before it actually registers lol
  • Options
    Compared to this baby I hardly felt the twins move. They moved enough to say hey I'm still here. @CaliCarly77‌ mine are both constantly on the move despite their quiet demeanor inside. But one is definitely more laid back than the other

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"