Multiples

Twins and Bicornuate Uterus ??

I am popping over from the Feb15 BMB..... Just returned from an early u/s that showed two yolk sacs, 1 GS and one heartbeat (so far). I know it's "too early to call" with any certainty since only one babe showed itself so far but, if I do end end up with two LO's in there I am quite concerned about the room in there being that I do have a bicornuate uterus. I have also had a tummy tuck 4 years ago to boot which really doubles up on my concern about preterm labor and room to grow. We were not actively TTC so, this is a huge shock. Any experience it advice is MUCH appreciated.

Re: Twins and Bicornuate Uterus ??

• DoublePortionDoublePortion member
    edited June 2014
    No advice, but FX all works out ok for you!

***signature & ticker warning***

Me: 30 ~ Stage IV Endo ~ AMH .38 ~ AFC 8
    AMH .97 as of 4/2012! ~ AMH 1.63 as of 4/2013!?!

Him: 29 ~ perfect swimmers

Laparotomy w/partial oophorectomy 8/2009 to remove cysts/endo.
    Stopped BCP 4/2010.
    Multiple clomid rounds from 11/2010 to 6/2011. ~ All BFN
    IUI w/clomid 7/2011. IUI w/clomid & injectables 11/2011 & 1/2012. ~ All BFN

IVF:EPP 5/2012 ~ (4R, 3M, 2F w/ICSI). Both embryos txfrd. ~ BFN
    BCP to manage endo from 10/2012 to 12/2012.
    FET w/donor embryos #1: 10/2013 Cancelled
    FET w/donor embryos #1.2: 11/2013
    ~ ET of 2 beautiful blasts on 11/27.
    Beta 1: 503(12dp5dt) Beta 2: 1035(14dpt) Beta 3: 3001(16dpt)
    Beta 4: 8503(19dpt)
    Twins with an EDD of 8/15/14! Team Purple
    G&B born 6/30/14 at 33w3d via emergency c/s.

If you're wondering about my avatar...it's a fried pickle chip shaped like a fetus!

• I have the same uterus problem which I would have had surgery for but I had a spontaneous twin conception which canceled surgery. So far I'm 26 weeks. It's been very painful since the uterus is expanding and not shaped like a pear. Full abdominal pains are extremely common. I look like I'm carrying a singleton not twins though they are growing according to scans. Make sure you have a good ob and mfm.
  • Loading the player...
  • @Angelahelena‌ thank you for your response. Are both of your little babes in one "horn"? Did your MFM discuss reduction? I have read so much from women who's docs suggested this which has shocked me since, a normal uterus can grow 3,4,5,6 babies sometimes..... Why can't my half uterus grow 2! I understand the risks obviously, but you know?! Have you had any talks of bed rest? Or cervical stitch? Sorry for all the questions!

• I am on modified bed rest. I work from home so I am lucky enough to take naps n work from my bed most of the time now. There was talk of stitching at one point but since my cervix is long and closed and it can be riskier w twins then we have not. There was not per say talk about reduction but chances that both would not make it. But once first trimester passed it looked good for both then. Each di/di twin is in their own horn. I hope this answers your questions. Glad to help. That's why we all come to this forum.
  • Hi!  I'm a lurker but thought I'd chime in and let you know that I had two successful twin pregnancies with a bicornuate uterus.  I carried both pregnancies to term (delivered my first at 37w1d and my second at 37w2d).  I never was on bed rest or had any restrictions due to my uterus.  I was monitored closely by my OB & my MFM (like most MoMs) and luckily I never had any complications.  I will say that you should listen to your body and also talk with your OB/MFM about any concerns that you have, but I just wanted to let you know that it is possible to have a successful twin pregnancy!!  

Good luck and happy & healthy 9 months!  :)    
    m/c: Oct 2008
    m/c: Jan 2010
    dx: uterine lining issues
    IUI #1 BFP! Twins! A & E born Mar 2011 (37w1d)
    Then became pregnant with spontaneous twins! Twins again! MK & H born Mar 2013 (37w2d)  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"