August 2012 Moms
Options

XP from Feb14: Griffin's Heart Surgery Tomorrow

The day is finally here.  We've known that Griffin would need open heart surgery since being diagnosed with congenital heart defects (Tetralogy of Fallot) back in October, when I was 26 weeks pregnant. 

He's done better than expected with everything so far.  He's been basically asymptomatic, but recently he's started sweating while nursing and his weight gain has slowed down.  I guess it's kind of nice that there are signs that he needs the surgery without getting to the point of him suffering from it.

Yesterday we had his pre-op testing (blood work, x-ray, EKG), and detailed tours of where we would wait, how often they'll update us, and that sort of thing.  My parents flew in from the East coast to help with our daughter, and they'll meet us at the hospital after getting my daughter to daycare tomorrow morning.

We trust his surgeon and know that he's in good hands, but everyone has warned us about how scary it's going to be to see him right after surgery when he's heavily sedated and has tons of lines in his little body.  We're told that the improvement in the first few days post-surgery should be dramatic.  The hospital stay with no major complications is expected to be 5-10 days.  I'll be staying with him in the room, and after the first couple of days DH will probably be back and forth between the hospital and home, to try to keep things more normal for DD.  While the doctors can't guarantee anything, they expect that this should be his only major heart surgery and he should be able to lead a totally normal life (his surgeon said that he should be able to run marathons if he wants to).

We'd appreciate any good vibes for an uneventful surgery, quick recovery, and no complications!  Thanks again for all of your support!

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg

Re: XP from Feb14: Griffin's Heart Surgery Tomorrow

• Options
    that's great news that this should be the only surgery that he will need. sending positive energy and thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and your entire family through this process! I hope he has a speedy recovery:)

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccamccam member
    Sending positive thoughts your way!!  And hope he has a quick recovery!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    Is it tomorrow? Good luck mama! Hope all goes better than expected.
  • Options
    MoFreeMoFree member
    Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and quick recovery.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    All of our prayers and positive vibes are headed your way for a speedy recovery with zero complications!

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    Sending thoughts and prayers for Griffin and your family. I can't imagine being in your shoes but you are a strong momma! Hoping for the best outcome and a speedy recovery.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thinking of you guys today. Hoping for a speedy recovery with no complications.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Praying for ya'll!

• Options
    Hope he has a speedy recovery!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Sweet little guy. So glad the surgery went well. Thanks for the update. Hopefully you can cuddle him soon.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    So happy things went well.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I hope he continues to recover and it is quick.
  • Options
    Glad the surgery went well and hope the recovery goes smoothly! Hugs to you too - I am sure this has been so stressful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"