October 2012 Moms
Options

Thursday Randoms

Re: Thursday Randoms

• Options
    I'm here suppose to be working but not really working! ;)I have lost all intrest in work for the rest of the week, I guess I better find some motivation somewhere.

• Options
    edited June 2014

What kind of car did you get @Hismom12? We recently traded our Equinox for an Acadia and I really like it. So much more space for that double stroller and all our other crap!

I actually really had my eye on those Buick Enclaves, but DH thought the Acadia was a smidge better.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband just bought a new-to-him farm truck and it's a *gasp* Ford! They have been loyal to Chevy and GMC for so long and it's strange to see a Ford around the farm now! I think all of the truck brands are good products now-a-days. For my work car, I've driven Toyota, Suzuki, Saturn and now a VW so I'm probably more open to the idea of other brands. Not going to lie, out of all these, VW is by far my least favorite. It's had so many problems, and EXPENSIVE problems. I like the 45 mpg, but I won't own a VW again!  

• Options
    edited June 2014

We got an Equinox last year.  DH really wanted a Tahoe and would torment me by going "Chevy Tahoe!" every time we would see one.  That is just too much vehicle for me to feel comfortable driving.  Well, more the parking than the driving.

ETA a couple words. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

DS is napping today after not doing so for the last two days.  I am in heaven.

Poor boy developed a diaper rash on his butt cheek.  He hasn't really gotten one bad ever (lucky).  This practically came out of nowhere.  I let him run around for a while in just his shirt this morning to let it get some air.  I hope it gets better quick!

Making chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight.  I should start prepping that soon while it is still naptime since DS isn't so great at entertaining himself while I work on dinner.

• Options
    @needutonite Hope he doesn't have it! Fingers crossed!

• Options
    @NeedUtonite‌ , hope he's feeling better soon.

My parents are trying to move into our neighborhood. They listed their house yesterday and already have an accepted offer today. It was only on the market less than 24 hours! And their offer on a house on our street was just accepted. It's gonna be a busy few months.
  • Options
    @wanderingstars23 Huge Hugs!! I hope it gets better for you! and vent anytime you need too! that is what we are here for.

• Options

Hope he gets feeling better soon @NeedUtonight

Sorry you're having such a tough time with summer school @WanderingStars23.  What grade are you teaching?

Are you happy about your parents moving so close to you @scrumpfy?  And that is quick for real estate transactions! 

• Options
    B started running a fever (also posted in growing pains thread) and the office is closed and they told me to call back if she starts running one. It's only 99.9 but I'm nervous now.

• Options
    She's falling asleep on the couch. It's only 7. Normally she's wide awake until about 8:30. Just gave her some Tylenol. I don't like this :(

• Options
    CnAnACnAnA member
    @stephcarter follow your gut. If you are really concerned, call!

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Yes, I'm happy about my parents moving by us. This move was by design. They aren't young and their house and big yard was getting to be a bit much. Being so close will make helping them out so convenient. Plus they like to spend time with the girls and we saw them all the time anyways.
  • Options
    And she's out... I'm going to keep a close eye on her.

I know I'm a worrier. But last time I was worried and didn't call for way too long was the time they told me twice it was just a cold (in their defense she seemed fine and didn't cough once when I took her in) she ended up having pertussis and the hospital told me she should've been brought in days before.

But that was terrifying. So now I'm always worried, always scared :(

• Options
    On a completely different note, I think Dunkin puts crack in the jamocha almond fudge iced coffee because I'm craving it allllll the time. Thanks @chricast‌! Lol!!!

• Options

On a completely different note, I think Dunkin puts crack in the jamocha almond fudge iced coffee because I'm craving it allllll the time. Thanks @chricast‌! Lol!!!

I swear I get a headache and start to have the shakes if I go a day with out one! I even have my boss addicted which is a great excuse to leave the office for a dunkin run!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    I hope B is OK @stephcarter‌ Emma is a crankpot from these teeth rubbing them and crying with pain. I've had to give her Tylenol 2-3x a day, she not eating and only pooping rabbit pellets.
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    All these poor sick kiddos! Hope they all get better soon. I think Wesley might be coming down with a cold he keeps grabbing his throat and crying ouchies.

• Options
    @Needutonite I find that the best thing to do is to first use tweezers to remove the hair. Then put a warm compress on it and follow up with a bandaid and neosporin.
  • Options
    Woot Woot @Rachelilly23‌ let's make a date!
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options

@WanderingStars23 that sounds really rough.  For you and for the kids.  Do you think they would split the classes more evenly if you said something?  Here I was picturing middle or high school kids in summer school peeing on the wall and floor in the bathroom.  :P

Your poor DD @stephcarter!  I am a worrier, too.  Glad to hear she woke back up, and in the mood for cheese! 

• Options
    Hismom12 said:
    Random fact (@NeedUtonite‌ post made me remember this): if you put deodorant on your bikini line after shaving,you will not get razor bumps. Saw it on Pinterest,tried it, it's amazing.
    Maybe I should try this.  I get bumps so bad after shaving I hardly ever do it because it just doesn't seem worth it to me. 

• Options
    My husband is laying on the couch next to me, snoring. I don't know why I find this irrationally irritating. He slept like 9 hours last night to my 6. I want to slap him and be all "whyyyyy are you so tired?"
    Apparently I should go to bed and sleep off the cranky.
  • Options
    Wesley has been screaming and grabbing his throat for the last hour, poor thing. We are currently snuggling and watching frozen I foresee a long night. Does anyone know what to give for a sore throat?

• Options
    Honey for a sore throat! My girls really like warm water with honey and I swear it helps :)

• Options

Honey for a sore throat! My girls really like warm water with honey and I swear it helps :)

thank you I'm going to try it! I feel so bad for the poor thing

• Options
    edited June 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"