January 2015 Moms
Options

Threatened Miscarriage (UPDATE)

MateyStrattonMateyStratton member
edited June 2014 in January 2015 Moms
So... It's been a. Long couple of weeks. I'm currently 10 weeks and ever since I was 6/7 weeks I have been spotting brown blood/discharge on and off. I went to my OB twice for this and they confirmed it was nothing and brown blood was nothing to worry about. Monday night at around 2am I woke up to go to the bathroom when I noticed red blood. I immediately panicked and woke up my partner. Then I got a horrible pain and went to the bathroom again, I passed what I thought was the baby, and it was the size of my hand. I put a glove on and took the mass out of the toilet and ran water over it only to see I had passed a blood clot that was the size of my hand. This worried me so we went to the ER. They didn't tell me much, just that blood clots this size are completely normal. They used a Doppler and said they heard a heartbeat, wouldn't give me an ultrasound because I had just had one on Thursday. I was just confused cause the heartbeat the nurse said was the babies sounded more maternal then fetal. So I was diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage, the dr didn't take my blood, didn't check my cervix, nothing. The next morning I called and made an appointment with my OB. She wasn't in that day so they put me on bed rest and scheduled me to come in on Wednesday. Well, go in and still have the same diagnosis of a threatened miscarriage. She attempted to use the Doppler and confirmed that the heartbeat the nurse at the ER assumed to be fetal was in fact maternal. (I knew it) The dr checked my cervix and said it looked like tissue was coming out which meant it was open and scheduled an ultrasound for me this Friday at 11:45. I have been a nervous wreck. I had a loss in December due to a blighted ovum. I'm just scared this pregnancy will end in a loss. Is there anything I can do to get my cervix to close or is it just a waiting game at this point?

UPDATE: Just got home from our Ultrasound where believe it or not we got great news. Our little peanut was perfect, and the tech said everything looked good and the heartbeat was 177. I will not be able to speak to my Dr. until Monday. Which also happens to be my birthday. Thank all of you ladies who took the time to read my post and give me your T&Ps.

Re: Threatened Miscarriage (UPDATE)

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @tripletoe‌ Thank You, it means a lot to me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I don't think there is anything you can do to close your cervix. Try to hang in there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry:( I had a loss in jan and my cervix was closed to start with and they said threatened. If there is a loss then it will dilate to expel the tissue eventually.

Hugs for you and my thoughts are with you
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • Options
    @LuckyPenny1231‌ I didn't think there was, I just thought maybe Id ask just in case cause I heard kegels would help but me being on bed rest means pelvic rest to and I don't want to do anymore harm. Thanks!
  • Options
    @LovelyLips‌ it's just so heartbreaking. I didn't think a loss would happen to me once, let alone twice in a row. Thank You. It's all just confusing cause the blood stops completely and then spots, and then is a little heavier than spotting and then just stops again.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I also had a recent blighted ovum and know the heartache and nerves that came with this pregnancy. I will be praying and hoping for the best for you.
  • Options
    @JerseyHopeful‌ Thank You :x and I wish you the best with your little peanut!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers your way, it's a horrible experience and I'm so sorry it's happening to you.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this! Fx for you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I hope Friday gets here quickly and you get some good news. I hate that you have to wait. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    BFP 01/17/2014, Due 10/05/2014, MMC, we said goodbye 03/07/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @LittleMsLewis‌ I have been so anxious. Waiting since Monday night to know exactly what's happening. It's been very emotional. I have a lot of people on my side and praying for me. Thank You for caring. :x
  • Options
    I am so sorry this is happening. Sending good thoughts your way and hoping for good news tomorrow.
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    edited June 2014
    I'm so sorry. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to close your cervix. It's so sad, but if a miscarriage is going to happen, there's nothing anyone can do. Good luck to you.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Unfortunately, there's nothing they can really do if you're having a miscarriage. Good luck tomorrow.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    kursemkursem member
    praying for you - been there.  Hoping things work out differently for you!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    MateyStrattonMateyStratton member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    Google "cerclage" That is a procedure that will put a stitch to close up an incompetent cervix however I don't know if you have to be further along. Sorry you are experiencing this!
  • Options
    @ADALLASBRIDE‌ @ACH831‌ Thank You :x @ICarriedAWatermelon‌ I haven't been bleeding very heavy and I haven't had any cramping. But my Dr did mention a small amount of tissue coming out of the cervix. Just praying to have a heartbeat tomorrow, hoping for the best. Thanks
  • Options
    @yvonnesophie‌ thank you, now I'm just praying everything stays okay!! I'm so relieved I got good news today!
  • Options
    That is amazing news!!!  Congrats!
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Awesome news congrats!!! BTW I think maybe you want to block out your full name just a thought. Again very happy for you!!

LOUD NOISES!

K- born 7/5/2011

G- born 6/24/2013

• Options
    Glad to hear the great news! Hope your birthday is wonderful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

That's such great news! Congrats!

Also, just as an FYI, we are all able to read your full name on those pictures. You may want to replace them with cropped images that takes out your personal information.

Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    Yay! This is great news!
  • Options
    Awesome news!
  • Options
    Fantastic!
  • Options
    kursemkursem member

hooray :)  I can't see the pictures but i imagine you posted ultrasound photos (there is something wrong w/my work browser, it doesn't like the bump)

SOOOOOOO happy for you and fingers crossed :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Great news! Congrats!!
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• Options
    I tried deleteing the pictures and adding one with my name cropped out. But it's not allowing me to delete. No big deal. Thanks for mentioning it, I was just so happy it conpletely slipped my mind.
  • Options
    That's a beautiful update!! Congrats and may you breathe easy from now on.
  • Options
    So happy to hear good news updates! And happy birthday!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am so pleased for you! Great news!
    BabyFetus Ticker

#1 Son born: 18 June 2008 :) 
     #2 M/C: 23 January 2014 at 5w,2d :( 
     #3 BFP: 28 April 2014. Yay! EDD: 6th January 2015
  • Options
    Great news!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't get a chance to comment before but I'm so glad to hear about the positive update! Here is to hoping peanut doesn't give you any more scares the rest of the pregnancy. I can't promise no scares when they start to walk and talk.
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm glad you got good news today. Thoughts, prayers, and best wishes that things will continue to go well. Happy birthday!
  • Options
    Yay!
    15-weeks-pregnant-baby-sizePregnancy Week 15: 
    You obviously made it to
    home, congrats! Your baby
    is the size of a baseball. 

DS1 July 2012
    MC February 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"