Trying to Get Pregnant

Slight discharge CD 37, no AF yet!

I took clomid for 5 mos, and would ovulate Cd 14, AF came around the 29-31. This is our second month on our own. Last month I o'd cd 17, af on cd 34. I'm currently on cd 37. I've had some light brown spots and mild cramps the last two days, expecting AF, but no bleeding yet. I don't want to take a PT yet, scared to see BFN. Anyone have the same experience? Trying to stay optimistic! ♡

Re: Slight discharge CD 37, no AF yet!

• Loading the player...
  • Yes. I've been 'late' both on clomid and on cycles 'on our own', but the tests I took always came back negative. Take a test, I can't see into your ute from here to tell you anything definitive.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I have no experience with Clomid, but if your period is indeed "late" then the only thing you can do is keep waiting or test. I'm not sure what else you want from us?
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• I'm sure there is someone out there somewhere who has had the same experience as you and ended up KU. And I'm sure there is someone out there with the same experience as you who ended up getting AF.

Their expeirences have nothing to do with your body. Take a test. 
    DS born via c-section 8/1/2015 
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• I hate seeing negatives tests too. But if you want to know if you are pregnant, taking a test is the only way.

BFP #1 7/13/14 EDD 3/26/15

• No wants here wants to see a BFN but there is no way around taking a pregnancy test (unless af shows up) so you may as well just do it and know the answer.
  • Can I just say that not only has the journey of ttc been frustrating as I'm trying for my first child, but I thought that by joining this "forum community" would make me feel better but it's exactly the opposite. By just scrolling through the replies I can say I'll probably never post on here again. I guess I was just looking for encouragement and support from people in the same situation. Obviously I'm not asking for anyone's scientific diagnosis. I can just say I'm really disappointed with this experience. Definitely not what I was expecting after reading other people's posts.
  • CytheCythe member
    megmhintz said:

Can I just say that not only has the journey of ttc been frustrating as I'm trying for my first child, but I thought that by joining this "forum community" would make me feel better but it's exactly the opposite. By just scrolling through the replies I can say I'll probably never post on here again. I guess I was just looking for encouragement and support from people in the same situation. Obviously I'm not asking for anyone's scientific diagnosis. I can just say I'm really disappointed with this experience. Definitely not what I was expecting after reading other people's posts.

Sorry op, you need to understand that we literally get this question once a day. It gets old pretty quickly. Sorry that you do not find this community supportive enough.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wth is a forum for other than asking advice from a "bunch of strangers"??? What are you all doing on here then? To try and make me feel bad about it, the first time I post anything? Wow. X(
  • People who "wander in here"??? I'm sorry, is this some exclusive source for factual input from the world's top physicians? Sorry I got an email saying "chat with other women ttc and share your experiences..." it should say "post how you're feeling and prepare to get attacked".
  • megmhintz said:

Wth is a forum for other than asking advice from a "bunch of strangers"??? What are you all doing on here then? To try and make me feel bad about it, the first time I post anything? Wow. X(

It's a community. We get to know each other. We support each other. Read the post at the top that says READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST! Then maybe you wouldn't be here.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • I guess I didn't know there were rules involved. I'll just stay out of here from now on. Enjoy your "forum friends".
  • megmhintz said:
    Wth is a forum for other than asking advice from a "bunch of strangers"??? What are you all doing on here then? To try and make me feel bad about it, the first time I post anything? Wow. X(
    Part of the thing is not everyone here is a "bunch of strangers".  We, and I'm including myself even though I'm still new, take the time to get to know each other, support each other, talk about things unrelated to TTC, etc.  Yes, we ask advice, but not about things NO ONE here could possibly know (i.e. what's inside your ute).    Calm down.  Getting upset isn't going to help you one here, and neither is scolding us.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CytheCythe member
    Maybe if you had said you were just looking for support because this is getting you down instead of round about asking if you could be pregnant, this might have gone over better. Then again, maybe not.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles

• megmhintz said:
    People who "wander in here"??? I'm sorry, is this some exclusive source for factual input from the world's top physicians? Sorry I got an email saying "chat with other women ttc and share your experiences..." it should say "post how you're feeling and prepare to get attacked".
    megmhintz - this forum is just not for you. There are plenty of other TTC boards on the internet that will give you the "support" you are looking for. 

I was very active on BNB when we first started TTC, but wondered over here when I got increasingly tired of all the baby dust and "OMG you are spotting early? You are totes pregnant because that happened to me" kind of talk.

I'm new around here, but I lurked for a long time. These ladies are real, if you can handle being told the truth then I advise you to stick around, read the Newbie Blog and start interacting. If not, then you might as well sign off now and find a new "support group."
    DS born via c-section 8/1/2015 
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• @EllyD14,  You beat me to it!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited June 2014
    megmhintz said:
    I guess I didn't know there were rules involved. I'll just stay out of here from now on. Enjoy your "forum friends".

To the bolded:

Ryan Gosling Judging You

Also - we should start keeping a running tally of the twatwaffles who post about this s**t on a daily basis - anything to make this bearable!

*edit - words are hard today guys

• Lesson learned! I apologize for missing the instructions. I don't spend a lot of time online, especially sites like this. I just got excited and should have thought twice about posting. If not being able to conceive a child by now hasn't been difficult, trying to find information online definitely is, with all the acronyms. It makes me feel like an idiot, and now I feel like an even bigger one. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm going to try and figure out how to delete this now so I can move on. Thanks.
  • megmhintz said:
    Lesson learned! I apologize for missing the instructions. I don't spend a lot of time online, especially sites like this. I just got excited and should have thought twice about posting. If not being able to conceive a child by now hasn't been difficult, trying to find information online definitely is, with all the acronyms. It makes me feel like an idiot, and now I feel like an even bigger one. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm going to try and figure out how to delete this now so I can move on. Thanks.
    You can't delete it. Just move on.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • CytheCythe member
    megmhintz said:

Lesson learned! I apologize for missing the instructions. I don't spend a lot of time online, especially sites like this. I just got excited and should have thought twice about posting. If not being able to conceive a child by now hasn't been difficult, trying to find information online definitely is, with all the acronyms. It makes me feel like an idiot, and now I feel like an even bigger one. Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm going to try and figure out how to delete this now so I can move on. Thanks.

Can I just say, I know what you mean about the acronyms? The newbie blog has over 200 of them! It can be overwhelming but they will come. I'm still not entirely sure what HIO means - although Im pretty sure i have an idea.
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles

• megmhintz said:

Oh Please

1) We are ALL TRYING TO CONCEIVE A CHILD - so we all know that hell yeah it's difficult - so dont' take a tone with us because we didn't treat you like a speical snowflake who is going through the hardest time of your most fragile little life.

2) If you are really only trying to find information about trying to get pregnant on the internet - then that is your fist problem. You should really check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it will give you a lot of information so you don't have to ask questions on here that we can't answer because we can't see inside your ute.

.. end soapbox...

• Cythe said:
    Can I just say, I know what you mean about the acronyms? The newbie blog has over 200 of them! It can be overwhelming but they will come. I'm still not entirely sure what HIO means - although Im pretty sure i have an idea.

Hump it Out ;)
  • FitMom3510FitMom3510 member
    edited June 2014
    @megmhintz Don't leave, just take a few days to lurk a little more and read the newbie blog it will all make sense then. We just see these questions daily and its frustrating because we LITERALLY can not see in your UTE (uterus) and give you an answer. Like a PP (previous poster) said some women may have had the same symptoms and become pregnant, and some my have had the same symptoms and got a BFN (big fat negative). Yah a negative sucks, but we have all been through them and it will ease your mind on your symptoms. Also a negative isn't always a 100% sign that you're not pregnant your levels could still be too low to show a BFP (big fat positive). When AF (aunt flow) shows her ugly face thats when you know and yah it sucks but it gives you motivation to have all the sex next month to try again. Also if you are pregnant you want to make sure you are getting the proper prenatal care asap, so taking a test will help you determine what to do next. HTH (hope this helps)

Not being a smart ass with telling you what the acronyms mean btw just helpin out 

ETA (edited to add) tag
    Married 3/5/10
    Started TTC Baby #1 6/2014
    BFP #1 7/27/2014 
    EDD 4/3/2014
    IT'S A GIRL! 10/16/14
    Team Pink!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hmmmm, you don't want to pee on a stick because you may be disappointed? Well are there any dandelions near you or cups of bleach you can use? I hear these are scientific ways to see if you are pregnant. Unless you live on a hot military base, then you are probably screwed.

But for real, buy an HPT, use it and proceed to whichever makes sense-1st tri or a new screen name
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • LuluRMLuluRM member

megmhintz said:

Oh Please

1) We are ALL TRYING TO CONCEIVE A CHILD - so we all know that hell yeah it's difficult - so dont' take a tone with us because we didn't treat you like a speical snowflake who is going through the hardest time of your most fragile little life.

2) If you are really only trying to find information about trying to get pregnant on the internet - then that is your fist problem. You should really check out Taking Charge of Your Fertility - it will give you a lot of information so you don't have to ask questions on here that we can't answer because we can't see inside your ute.

.. end soapbox...

This seems a bit unnecessary. I don't think she "took a tone" at all.

I agree. This seems a little "snark for snark's sake"...

Anyway, @megmhintz‌, many of us had less than stellar first posts... stick around and get to know us, I think you'll end up really liking it.
  • edited June 2014
    megmhintz said:

-----
    Sweetie, this is a great place to get advice; however, you weren't asking for advice - you were asking for a specific answer to a specific question... A question that only a doc or HPT can answer.

We are a forum of women trying to make babies... there is no magic here. If you are looking for serious answers, ask a question that we can actually answer. I haven't gotten through all the responses and don't know yet if you fought back or took the advice given but if it is the latter, you will find the support you need as long as you read the Newbie Blog and adhere to the few rules.

Editing because I got through the replies
    @megmhintz (that's not your name is it??) Your apology was nicely done. As the others said, lurk and learn and then jump in.

As far as acronyms go, this is my second time in bumpland and I still don't get them all... FTFY still baffles me

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• @Kredd88‌ - FTFY=fixed that for you.

Married since July 2004
    TTC #1 Since January 2014
    ***TW***
    1/14 - 2/17 - BFN's
    Rx: Unexplained infertility - All tests normal and/or good
    3/17: IUI #1 - BFP   EDD: 12/7/17

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Segoody said:

@Kredd88‌ - FTFY=fixed that for you.

-----
    Excellent. Thanks! NEVER would have figured that one out on my own :)

• LuluRM said:
    Hmmmm, you don't want to pee on a stick because you may be disappointed? Well are there any dandelions near you or cups of bleach you can use? I hear these are scientific ways to see if you are pregnant. Unless you live on a hot military base, then you are probably screwed.

But for real, buy an HPT, use it and proceed to whichever makes sense-1st tri or a new screen name
    Umm, why would she need a new screen name? She hardly did anything "new screen name" worthy...
    Not because she did anything wrong but more for safety reasons. To use your real name on the internet is asking for troubles. I should have said that but forgot people can't read my mind ;) Opps!!
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just read the first page and I have to say, I'm not posting on here myself for support. Did nobody here watch Bambi? "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." I don't care how frequently the question pops up here (once a pregnancy maybe?), if you're not going to be supportive, don't comment.
  • Just read the first page and I have to say, I'm not posting on here myself for support. Did nobody here watch Bambi? "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all." I don't care how frequently the question pops up here (once a pregnancy maybe?), if you're not going to be supportive, don't comment.

I have now seen the error of my ways and will henceforth vomit glitter and rainbows on every single poster with a question that can only be answered by a pee stick. Thank you, random WK, how ever can I repay you?
    -----
    I heart you

• I have now seen the error of my ways and will henceforth vomit glitter and rainbows on every single poster with a question that can only be answered by a pee stick. Thank you, random WK, how ever can I repay you?
    Okay, I've read the acronym glossary and canNOT figure it out! What is WK? I've gone through totally random words in my head trying to figure it out. 
    DH: 28 Me: 30~TTC #2 since June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP #1: 8/22/2014~EDD: 5/5/2015~CP: 8/29/2014
    BFP #2: 12/27/2014~EDD: 9/9/2015

September 2015 Siggy challenge: Happy dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"