June 2013 Moms
Options

Montessori Toddler Bedrooms

So DD still bedshares and I promised DH I would get her out of our bed by 1 1/2 so we have our bed back for a while before TTC #2. Anyway I saw a lot of people are doing montessori bedrooms now and someone suggested I try it. That means mattress on the floor. Any BTDT moms do this? Did it work? I have this fear that my mom or MIL will criticize me for not having a bed for DD or that people will think I'm being neglectful. Her crib is a convertable so I have the ability to provide her with a bed for a couple more years. I'm to the point that I will try just about anything but CIO. I tried it before all it did was leave us both exhausted.
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg

Re: Montessori Toddler Bedrooms

• Options

I never meant for it to be Montessori, but we started Bradley with a queen mattress on the floor at 18 months (in preparation for Tyler, I was crazy...). It has worked out really well and I can't wait for Tyler to get old enough to get in his own bed.

@coffeebeanfiend91 I can't remember if your LO is walking or not, but I would wait until they are walking. I can't give a good reason right now, but that's what I would do

#Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the input. Her room is pretty baby proof but I'm gonna do a few more things. She's walking so I think I'm gonna go for it and start the whole toddler room conversion this weekend since her birthday is this week. I was talking to my mom today and mentioned it when she asked what I was up to. I was surpised that she thought it was a really good idea considering she kept us all in cribs until we were launching ourselves out.
  • Options
    So not that it means much but on a positive note I took her mattress out of the crib and put on the floor and made it up like a little bed. We were playing upstairs and she crawled on it and laid down and started saying night night.
    She just had a nap so that wasn't going to happen but I really think we have a chance with this! I guess the whole idea of a Montessori bedroom is everything is safe and in reach so I can get behind the whole idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"