Adoption

First home study scheduled!

Finally for the 24th! Any advice? I'm freaking out!
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: First home study scheduled!

• You will clean like a white tornado, but it's not necessary. Ours was pretty relaxed. Remember they want to help you pass, not find excuses to disqualify you. GL!
  • I totally agree with Dr. Loretta...they aren't running their fingers over your furniture with a white glove.  They want to see that you have minimum space and safety requirements in place and that you are a loving home.  Try to relax!

• Loading the player...
  • Good luck! You will be shocked at how fast it is!!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Thanks everyone!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Make it look like normal people live there.  

When I did home studies the houses that were too clean bothered me.  Of course you should clean and have the place picked up but don't worry if there is a coffee cup in the sink or a few shoes by the door, etc.  When the house was immaculate and everything in it's precise spot I had to wonder how the parent(s) would handle having a child in their home.  Especially the people who showed me a room with white carpet and white furniture and told me the room was for looking at not going into.  
  • We cleaned for our home visit, but she spent very little time going looking around (maybe two minutes). She spent most of the time filling out additional paperwork with us, and answering questions we had about the process. 
  • Agree with others.  Don't worry too much about making your house sparkling clean.  They only look around really quickly, and the rest of the time is spent chatting and filling out additional paperwork.  I got all nervous for nothing!
  • Thanks everyone! We decided last night not to getting overly stressed about it. I'm going to still clean though, hehe ;-)
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Thanks for all your help ladies! I have no motivation to clean but my mom is coming to help tomorrow. She'll get my rear in gear!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"