Baby Names
Options

Love the name Henry but with an "H" last name?

Hi all,

I was due with our first son yesterday and while I'm loving the name Henry I'm hesitant because of the Alliteration as our last name begins with H...Henry H. Do you think it matters? Thanks so much for your thoughts!!

Re: Love the name Henry but with an "H" last name?

• Options
    As long as your last name isn't Huggins I think you're good!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Depends on the last name, but unless it rhythms or is to sing-songy it's probably fine. I think most alliterations sound good. My DD is Audrey A. and it sounds good together. I also know a little Henry H. and it sounds great together.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for your thoughts everyone!
  • Options
    Totally works. The only time illiteration doesn't sound too great is when it is 2 hard sounds together. Like our last name starts with J and sounds similar to Johnson. All J names were out for us because I just thought the double "J" sound was way too harsh.

• Options
    I think it can work.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    DD is E.E. unless the names rhyme I don't think it matters.
  • Options
    Of course...Henry Hill! I know that isn't necessarily the best example but it's a beautiful name!!
  • Options
    I guess I'll be the only one who says I wouldn't do it. We also have an H last name and loved the name Henry. Ultimately, we decided to go with Alexander because we didn't like the alliteration. It does depend on how your last name sounds though.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    can I just say your siggy is super cute!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    I don't like alliteration.  In this case, it sounds too much like a character (as pointed out by the reference to Henry Huggins, Henry Hill, and I'll throw in Henry Higgins)
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"