February 2015 Moms
Options

Morning! When are you planning to share the news?!

2»

Re: Morning! When are you planning to share the news?!

• Options
    We are waiting until 12 weeks to tell anyone. It'll be my birthday so I want to do family portraits with my siblings, parents, & in laws as well as our pastors (they're like parents). So at the part where the photog goes to say "cheese" we'll have him say "baby" or "we're pregnant" instead and capture everyone's reactions.
  • Options
    MrsD4911 said:
    I have to share this idea that I just found.  I think this may be how we tell our parents.  They are all out of town and I really don't want to just call, I wanted to make it different and special.  I think I may try to make this:

Here's the poem inside the box:
    I do not have a face to see,
    Or put inside a frame.
    I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
    I don't yet have a name.
    You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
    Nor whisper in my ear.
    It's still too soon to sing a song,
    Or cuddle me so near.
    But all will change come ________,
    That's when the say I'm due.
    I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
    I can't wait till I meet you.
    All I ask between now and then,
    Is your patience while I grow.
    I promise I'll be worth the wait,
    Because of all the love we'll know.
    So what I have to give you now,
    is a wish to you from me.
    I cannot wait to be a part
    Of this wonderful family.

That's exactly the poem I used to tell my parents the first time. It was their 33rd wedding anniversary, so I made a DVD picture collage of our family over the past 30yrs. At the end I typed the poem into a slide show and added a pic of my HPT. It went over very very well. The whole family was in happy tears. Enjoy the moment with them!
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I want to wait to at least get our first sono so we can show them instead of just telling..
  • Options
    It's been so hard to keep this a secret from loved ones. I want to wait until after we hear/see a heartbeat so we can tell family and close friends. My appointment is June 20, so hopefully that's when!!! I think FB will be after 12 weeks or more even. 
  • Options
    We are struggling with this. My parents will be here next weekend and I don't think I can hide it from my mom especially if I have morning sickness/ tired as I have been today. So I think we will end up tell them on Fathers day. If we do that we will be wrapping a kids book adout grandpa's to my FIL and Skype when they open. Then call the rest of my family

Our will probably be around 8 wks and eveyone else will be 12ish

Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    MrsD4911 said:
    I have to share this idea that I just found.  I think this may be how we tell our parents.  They are all out of town and I really don't want to just call, I wanted to make it different and special.  I think I may try to make this:

Here's the poem inside the box:
    I do not have a face to see,
    Or put inside a frame.
    I do not have soft cheeks to kiss,
    I don't yet have a name.
    You can't yet hold my tiny hands,
    Nor whisper in my ear.
    It's still too soon to sing a song,
    Or cuddle me so near.
    But all will change come ________,
    That's when the say I'm due.
    I'm your new grandson or granddaughter,
    I can't wait till I meet you.
    All I ask between now and then,
    Is your patience while I grow.
    I promise I'll be worth the wait,
    Because of all the love we'll know.
    So what I have to give you now,
    is a wish to you from me.
    I cannot wait to be a part
    Of this wonderful family.

I used this poem to tell my mom on Thursday :)  She lives about 4 hours away so I told her I emailed her something funny to go to her computer and call me so I could hear her reaction.  She had no idea what was coming and it was awesome to hear her get excited and start crying.

We are going to tell my dad the weekend after Father's Day because he's coming in town so I'll get a Father's Day card and put this poem in it. 

We told DH's closest friend yesterday by asking him about his upcoming wedding attire and then saying we were going to have to find a tiny outfit to match because baby will be just over 1 month for the wedding.

Next is to tell DH's family using this poem but we are going to wait until after the first dr's appt and then nothing on Facebook until 12 weeks.

• Options
    We're waiting until 12 weeks...DH wanted to tell his parents the day after we found out, but once we tell our parents, EVERY long-distance family member will know. Neither of our parents would keep quiet, and I'm not ready for that. =p
  • Options
    I'm at least going to wait until an us or blood work. I had two mc's so am very cautious for now. It's killing me not to tell my mom!
  • Options
    We are flying home this weekend for Father's Day, so we will tell our parents then. I told my BMB FB group for DS, and BABY#2's God Father is here today, so we told him. Everyone else will wait until 2nd tri.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My parents and sister in laws already know since they know I've been going through fertility treatments again. It's kind of hard to lie to them when they ask how a cycle is going:/
    DHs family we will tell today after my second beta results come in.
    I'll tell friends on FB after the u/s that shows the heartbeat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Options
    Meagano19 said:

We told DH's closest friend yesterday by asking him about his upcoming wedding attire and then saying we were going to have to find a tiny outfit to match because baby will be just over 1 month for the wedding.

My nephew was all of two weeks old at our wedding, and my brother/SiL somehow managed to find the cutest little suit to match.  It's hands down the most adorable thing in all of our wedding photos.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • Options
    I want to tell my dad on Father's Day, but hope I can hold off a few weeks before telling everyone else.
  • Options
    Ive told my mom, my best friend (SIL who is pregnant) and one of my little sisters (who is also pregnant). I plan on telling the rest of my siblings and dhs family after my first appointment.

As for everyone else I'll tell them after we get the results of quad screen or whatever other testing my insurance will cover. I lost my son at 31 weeks to trisomy 18. I kmow rationally that i dont have any more of a chance of an issue than any normal pregnancy but i dont want to go through that again publically.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    My parents, SIL, my husbands g-parents, and a few close friends know but since this is number 3, as much as I want to wait to tell the world, this belly can't lie! Hopefully I can make it to week 8 before I really have to start telling!
  • Options
    We told my parents right away because they were concerned for my health. I had just had my Mirena removed to prepare my body for another pregnancy. (I got pregnant while not trying but not preventing, we never thought it would happen so fast!) I started to have a lot of symptoms. My dad was scared, thought I was going through withdraw. So I tested and let them know the results so they'd stop worrying. However, the rest of our family will find out are my first appointment, which is this Thursday. I can not wait to tell our two kids!! I'm so excited!! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We are telling our parents this weekend. I went back and forth between waiting for my first appointment, but I don't think I can keep it from them when we go visit this weekend. If something were to happen, we would want their support. I bought books for grandparents and made book marks that said start reading!, Baby ___ due Feb. 2015! with decorative stamps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We will be waiting until 12-13 weeks.  With DS1 we waited until 16 weeks.  The 2nd and 3rd time, we waited until the end of the 1st trimester. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are telling immediate family this weekend, 7 weeks. Then maybe work and a few close friends. But everyone else will be after the 12 weeks.
  • Options
    I don't think we'll share on social networks but we'll tell everyone at 12 weeks. We've decided to enjoy our little joy privately for a little while.
  • Options

As for everyone else I'll tell them after we get the results of quad screen or whatever other testing my insurance will cover. I lost my son at 31 weeks to trisomy 18. I kmow rationally that i dont have any more of a chance of an issue than any normal pregnancy but i dont want to go through that again publically.
    I am so sorry for your late loss of your son, that must have been devastating.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My ds's 1st birthday is July 3rd... probably going to end up telling everyone at his party since immediate family already knows... and my family likes to blab lol
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My BFF knows and 2 other friends who have been pregnant. I needed their confirmation! DH doesn't know yet! I was on the phone with my mom today and felt bad because I didn't tell her! First appt isn't until July 22. May tell close family this weekend as it's father's day. But I know MIL will tell EVERYONE so that makes me nervous!
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It is going to be so hard not to tell my mom this weekend, but I want to wait until her birthday on the 21st. 
  • Options

This is our first and I am just SO excited! I told my BFF-who is pregnant-because I was in shock and needed someone I could "holy shit" too. My brothers and my mom know. I'm telling my dad tonight, I got him a digital countdown thing that says "Countdown to Grandbaby" and it has out EDD programed in. We are taking my MIL to dinner tomorrow and are going to tell her then.

I'm going to NY this weekended with my mom, aunt and grandma so they will know when dinner rolls around and I don't drink-that's when pictures will be taken!

Only family and close friends will know until after our appointment July 10th!

• Options
    While I reallllly want to tell my parents and IL's RIGHT NOW, we're waiting until closer to my first appt on June 30. I miscarried last time and found out at the first appointment, so I know if I told them now they would just be anxious until the first appointment. I do want them to know that I'm going in for the appointment in case anything happens, but if all goes well, we'll announce to the rest of the family! Probably won't announce on FB or anything until 13wks or later, maybe not even until we go in to find out the gender. SO ready to tell my mom and MIL though...ugh. They ask ALL. THE. TIME. and talk about grandma names. I've been nodding and smiling. I'm a terrible liar. 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP 8/9/13 - Missed M/C 9/18/13 D&C 9/20/13 11wks
    BFP #2 5/30/14- Natural M/C 6/14/14  6wks

Anniversary

• Options
    We told my mom and Step dad right away, as this is our first and I need my mama! We also told his dad, his foster mom, and my dad and his wife.  That's all who knows right now, though I am going to have to tell my grandparents on Sunday, as hubby and I need to make our marriage official for the medical insurance, and my grandma works for our county recorder clerks office. So she's gonna have to issue our marriage license.  I was waiting for Medicaid to kick in, but now I fear that I make too much money and will be told no, at which point, we'd be screwed.  So before my first prenatal visit, we must get married and have him put me on his insurance. That way, I don't have to worry about Medicaid coming back and telling me no!

As for everyone else in our lives (i.e. close friends, other family, and work) we are gonna wait to tell until between 8 and 12 weeks :-) Though I did inadvertently spill the beans to a teller at the bank earlier today.  Fortunately she doesn't know anyone that I know...so....*phew* dodged that bullet.  LOL ;-)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We have told our closest friends already, and a few people have figured it out based on other conversations and changed plans. We are telling our families when we go home this weekend for Father's Day, but everyone else will wait until after the first tri.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're waiting to tell our parents for a little bit, just to make sure everything is ok and because they're all long-distance anyway. Since our Little One will be the first of the next generation on my side of the family, we're planning on gifting my parents and brother t-shirts the next time we see them at about week 10 (Mom's: "Don't I look too young to be a Grandma?" Dad's: "Super Grandpa" and Brother's "The Best Brothers get Promoted to Uncle"). Unfortunately hubby's side might be too far away to make the announcement in person, but they do already have 2 grandchildren. Hubby just wants to call them (and our close friends) the same day we tell my family, but I'd sorta rather do some fun reveal for them too. Everyone else we plan to tell at 12 weeks.

Very uncertain about coworkers, though. Over the last few months I bonded with a coworker over our lack of success at getting pregnant, so I'm afraid to break the news to her. At work we're already looking into projects for next year and since I'm one of the lead contributors, I'll have to say something soon. However, I know at least one of my coworkers has a big mouth and is addicted to FB... clearly I need to work on my miserable poker face to get through this.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Our Baby Yoshi is a GIRL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"