July 2014 Moms
Options

Random thread- for all things random.

Re: Random thread- for all things random.

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    @LiteraChick‌ did you write that yourself? Because I'm super impressed!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pro Tip: don't go for a ~2 mile hike when you're 37+ weeks, especially when you got out of the hospital the day before for monitoring of low fluids. Not sure my feet will get over this swelling until the baby comes now.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    It wouldn't be Father's Day without some family drama. 

Apparently my (#1)SILs FI has decided that because he hasn't been working they are going to take back the crib they gave us to sell for some extra cash. 

The crib was still sitting in pieces at my MIL place waiting for us to grab on our next storage trip. (we don't have the space till we move in the next month or 2)

He also apparently accused my DH and (#2)SIL of some shifty shit, like stealing from MIL. And said that we (DH, [#2]SIL, and I) are all ungrateful and rude. Which is complete bullshit seeing as he is the one living with MIL and being an asshole and a thief. (he steals her pain pills)

To top it all off my DH and MIL went to some garage sales this morning and bought me a broken hummingbird figurine. I don't even know what to say...just freaking weird. 

Because of this all this damn drama we had to put our hospital tour off again. I'm so pissed off about this. Seriously it's fucking ridiculous, we have been trying to do this for like a damn month. 

On the plus side, we did end up with a bouncer and a bassinet today from my awesome neighbor because her grandson just outgrew them.  

And now i need a nap. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
    BFP: 11.09.13   EDD: 07.21.14 
    Baby Sylvia born 07.20.14
    5 lbs 14.8 oz | 20 1/4 inches

• Options
    beff12beff12 member

beff12 said:

@LiteraChick‌ did you write that yourself? Because I'm super impressed!

Hahaha upside down and backwards, yup! Eyeliner works well, thanks mama
    I would have totally had backwards letters! Well done.

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    jessa8907 said:
    Never again are we doing a DIY renovation project that is anything more extensive than paint and adding trim. You would think simply redoing the floor and putting in a new sink in a 3.5 x 4 ft bathroom would go pretty smoothly. Nope.
    We haven't even tried anything that intense yet, but we bought a house needing some (relatively minor) TLC, thinking we could handle it like DIY bloggers or something... Nope! Every project is pretty awful and now I totally see why people say they just want to buy a house that is done and not have to deal with projects! Seeing all the undone things that are still left to go after 1.5 years here drives me crazy but I have no will to tackle the remaining things we want done (most just a simple matter of painting or staining or trim... We don't even want to do those things any more... Ahh!)

• Options
    jessa8907 said:
    Never again are we doing a DIY renovation project that is anything more extensive than paint and adding trim. You would think simply redoing the floor and putting in a new sink in a 3.5 x 4 ft bathroom would go pretty smoothly. Nope.
    Here here!
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options
    jessa8907 said:
    kleMcK said:
    jessa8907 said:
    Here here!
    And you are tackling a kitchen! We are planning a kitchen reno in a few years and we have already decided we are paying SOMEONE ELSE to do it!
    My dad keeps talking about how great it's gonna be to do the basement next, and it's all I can do to keep my cool and try to refocus him on the task at hand. Yes, the house will be awesome once the kitchen and basement are done, but I don't even want to think of that right now, I just want to know what to do next for the kitchen so we can start doing it.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Options

It's my last day at worrrrrrrrk. I can't contain my excitement, lol.

Enjoy every second of it!
  • Options
  • Options
    It looks like induction is a possibility for me. I had a growth ultrasound done this morning and at 37 weeks, he is 8 lbs, 12 oz. I knew he was close to 9 lbs bc of how big DD was at birth. I hope to go into labor on my own but if not, this little boy will be making an appearance at 39 weeks. Holy crap.
  • Options
    Dserpaa said:

I had a little L&D scare yesterday (scare bc heavy bleeding, I'm far enough along that labor wouldn't be a scare at this point, but everything is fine now and I'm back home). We went to the hospital before we had breakfast or showered or anything and were there for nearly 5 hours without food. Immediately afterward we went to a pancake house and I was sitting there at 2 in the afternoon chowing down on banana nut pancakes like I hadn't eaten in days when I noticed people staring at me. Then I looked down and realized I still had the hospital bracelet on. Hot mess pregnant lady fresh from the hospital and chowing down on pancakes... It must have been quite a sight! ;-)

Glad to hear everything is alright and you got to chow on some pancakes!

Glad everything is ok! Now I really want pancakes. ;)
  • Options
    @Artistmom30‌

Wow! Hoping for a smooth and healthy delivery, induced or not!
  • Options

@Artistmom30‌

Wow! Hoping for a smooth and healthy delivery, induced or not!

Thank you @jensavicci‌ :)
  • Options
    Our house is a mess. I WANT to clean, because the clutter is seriously stressing me out. But bending over to pick up crap over and over hurts.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I guess I'm on track for a sumo baby? They said the diagnosis was macrosomia. They are scheduling an US to see how big he is in about 2 weeks and the doc seems a little concerned that I'm measuring ahead.

And we have our baby name list narrowed down to 12 (from 80). Mister doesn't know how to name children, I suppose.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
  • Options
    You have to say Shooter with the requisite Texas accent that we all have. UGH.

• Options
    TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited June 2014
    I guess I'm on track for a sumo baby? They said the diagnosis was macrosomia. They are scheduling an US to see how big he is in about 2 weeks and the doc seems a little concerned that I'm measuring ahead.

And we have our baby name list narrowed down to 12 (from 80). Mister doesn't know how to name children, I suppose.
    80?? We couldn't even get three on the list. You have a LOT of patience lol
    What's funny is the top 12 all have the names I suggested. We had to go through the entire list and give each name a grade. Then he averaged it out in the spreadsheet and deleted the ones that were furthest from the mean. And then we did it 4 more times to get it narrowed down to the 12. It was not the best 2 hours of my life. Especially when he was arguing fro horrible names. Like "Shooter" or "Bird" or "Bean".
    Wow. DH and I were like "Emma is nice. Yeah, let's call the kid Emma." Obviously neither of us have issues with it being the most popular name in the state right now and the second most popular name in the nation.
    This is basically how it went down for us too.  DH said he liked the name Caroline for a daughter back when we were dating, and although I'd never thought of that name for a future child I liked it too.  Donezo!

We already have two boy names and a second girl name picked out too, so we are set unless we suddenly decide having kids is so much fun we want to Dugger it up! ;-)

• Options

80?? We couldn't even get three on the list. You have a LOT of patience lol
    What's funny is the top 12 all have the names I suggested. We had to go through the entire list and give each name a grade. Then he averaged it out in the spreadsheet and deleted the ones that were furthest from the mean. And then we did it 4 more times to get it narrowed down to the 12. It was not the best 2 hours of my life. Especially when he was arguing fro horrible names. Like "Shooter" or "Bird" or "Bean".
    Wow. DH and I were like "Emma is nice. Yeah, let's call the kid Emma." Obviously neither of us have issues with it being the most popular name in the state right now and the second most popular name in the nation.
    This is basically how it went down for us too.  DH said he liked the name Caroline for a daughter back when we were dating, and although I'd never thought of that name for a future child I liked it too.  Donezo!

We already have two boy names and a second girl name picked out too, so we are set unless we suddenly decide having kids is so much fun we want to Dugger it up! ;-)

I think we are going to the hospital with 5 names in mind.  Hopefully she will look like one of them when we meet her, otherwise we are screwed! :))
    DH wanted to name our kid either "Timberly Ocean Beach Mountain" or "Gotham". 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think I'm having contractions...They aren't that painful, but they are a little painful...doc said if they don't go away by 4:15, to come in...I'm sure it's nothing, but it's just annoying :(

• Options
    Just a quick warning:

If you have long nails, I recommend cutting them short. I just spent way too long changing my YDS's clothes because of the clash between his tiny little buttons and my nails. Don't go through what I did. Save yourself.
  • Options
    STMs: did you get a sore groin and butt feeling, like after a really long bike ride, as the baby descended? Or am I just wishful thinking over here?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I bought some mens flip flops out of desperation. I am sick of the one pair I fit into. My feet are too fat (swollen) for the effing mens flip flops.

• Options
    Lizzy42 said:

Holy hot flashes Batman!

What is happening!!?!
    Me too!

No contractions in the last hour, cervix long and closed, just waiting for that q - tip swab test to come back. Phew!

• Options

DH and I don't have much time left feeling our sweet LO in my belly. So we make the most of that time with him and each other. DH loves to feel our son moving around and tonight, I wanted to document it.

Jealous! This is so beautiful and I was so looking forward to sharing moments like this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"