Military Families

Remote PCS vent

yoyo12345yoyo12345 member
edited June 2014 in Military Families
Sorry, there really isn't any point to this thread, I just need to vent...

We PCSed to a remote location without a base about a year ago.  This is the 3rd place we've been stationed, and the other two were fine, but I really became attached to out last location, to the point where I feel like that is "home" even though we are no longer there.  We decided we'd move back eventually, since we were so happy there.  But in this new assignment, I had to leave my job, my friends, an area of the country I love, a nice house, etc...for a place where I have no job, a crappy house, zero friends, and lousy weather.  OH works a LOT, so I am really isolated here.  He's not even in town right now, and he'll only be back for a week and is then leaving town for another week.  I'm in my 3rd trimester (FTM), and this is just so isolating and depressing.  He has a commitment to the Air Force for the next 6 years, because of the type of assignment he accepted here, and at that point it's just 4 years until retirement for him.  I don't know if I can do this for 6 more years, let alone 10! I just want to go back to our last base.    So depressed. 

Sorry, I just needed to put that out there.

Re: Remote PCS vent

• i totally know how you feel!  we just PCSed from a location we loved to one i am not that excited about, and I was in the 2nd tri when we made the move.  (currently 26 weeks so almost in the third) I'm also a FTM, and also find the move pretty isolating.  i'm doing a little better now, but my husband has been talking about staying in for 20 and there were a lot of "please don't make me do this for X more years" tears a few weeks ago. 

additional difficult aspect - i find it difficult to make new girlfriends without being able to drink wine!  plus i'm sure all the childless ones (who are the only people i've met)  i'll never ever see once i give birth anyway...

so anyway, no brilliant answers just a <hug> i know how you feel. 

• We PCS'd to where we are now about a year ago.  Before that, we were in the same place for 7 years.  That is the closest group of friends I've ever had in my life.  There were 5 of us girls who all got pregnant in 2010, and our husbands are all great friends.  The bonds we made are amazing.  Now none of us live within 800 miles of each other and it totally sucks. 4 of us are pregnant now, and we all miss each other like crazy.  But, we do the best we can to keep in touch, and will all be meeting up for a long weekend in August.  Since moving I've met one girl that I like hanging out with.  We actually met on Facebook, and went and saw a movie together. That was last October and we see each other a few times a month. 

I know it sucks, and it's hard, and i hope both of you can make some good freinds.  Do either of you have a MOPS group, or Stroller Strides?

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks for your responses, it makes me feel less weird that I'm not the only one!

I don't have either of those groups locally, but there are some mom meetups.  They are more geared towards people with kids who are 6 months and up, though.  Maybe it will be better once I have my baby.  There doesn't seem to be much out there for expectant moms, since they are mostly all still working.
  • Good idea, I'll check out LLL. I think they only meet once a month around here, but it's a start.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"