Special Needs
Options

** To All You Moms from a lurker**

Ladies,

I lurk on here as a sibling of a person with Down syndrome.  I love my sister to death, and even though we are 15 years apart and only see each other 4-6 times a year, I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Now that you know me, please know that each of you are in my thoughts every day!  YOU are truly the ones who deserve the credit.  without YOU, your children wouldn't be reaching their milestones, not the milestones that everyone else talks about but their individual milestones.  To each person their own.  For my sister, its talking.  She is 10 and I can really only understand about every 10th word.  I'm used to it and know how hard she is trying.  Your children are trying SO hard for you!  Be proud of every single accomplishment, its their own accomplishment.  Smile at your friend's kids, my  parents have been doing this for 10 years, but know in your heart that you smile at your child EVERY SINGLE DAY for their accomplishments.  And yes, Holland does suck, but maybe one day they will clean it up, and we won't  need Holland any longer, it will just be a country and not a metaphor.

Sorry this got so long, but please know there are people in the world thinking about you and knowing you truly deserve the credit :)

Lindsey

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ** To All You Moms from a lurker**

• Options
    Thank you for that.  Please pop in with any info whenever you can!
  • Options
    thank you so much for posting! I often wonder what a sibling may feel about DS...especially while we consider expanding our family. Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageakimbo:
    thank you so much for posting! I often wonder what a sibling may feel about DS...especially while we consider expanding our family. Smile

thanks for your post! ?ditto akimbo...as we are expecting our 2nd, i wonder too how a sibling feels. ?it's nice to know how much your love your sister!?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"