Caribbean Babies

There's life outside the NICU?!

Hey guys.  Sorry I've been MIA!  I just wanted to check in with you all and let you know that Josephine is doing pretty well.  She is still in NICU and probably will be for at least another 4 weeks.  There is some swelling in the ventricles in her brain, and it is being watched very closely.  We are told this is something that may resolve itself as she grows, or she may need surgery to place a shunt.  Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that that doesn't have to happen.  

I am...ok.  NICU is exhausting.  We are over an hour from the hospital, so we spend a lot of time in the car.  Healing from the c-section has been slow, but it gets easier every day.  My husband is amazing, and has been so incredibly supportive.  Emotionally, this is such a roller coaster.  I am overjoyed at having my precious little girI, and I have never been more in love.  But am still grieving for my lost third tri, my lost natural hypnobabies water birth, and everything else I had planned that did not even come close to happening.  It is hard being so happy and so sad/stressed/worried at the same time.

But hey...PICTURE TIME!

imageimage       image

I am working on writing her birth story, and I will post it when its done.  Thank you all SO MUCH for your thoughts & prayers...they mean the world to us.  

Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

Re: There's life outside the NICU?!

• Thanks everyone.  It feels shitty of me to complain about ANYTHING when I have this beautiful baby girl who I am so incredibly thankful for.  I am really, really grateful for everyone being willing to listen and not judge me.   :x
    Started TTGP July 2013  ~  BFP! 11/21/13  ~   TEAM PINK!!!  

**Josephine Aimee** born 5/21 at 29 weeks 2 days

You should know how great things were before you. Even so, they're better still today.  
    Now I can't think who I was before you ruined everything in the nicest way <3

image  image

imageimageimage

• She is gorgeous, glad you two are both doing well.   Sounds very emotionally exhausting!   Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery so you can all go home and stay there.    Stay strong for your little Josie,  she is adorable.    :)

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Hang in there, mama! Thoughts and prayers for you and Josephine! She's gorgeous!
                                                           photo Loss_zpse03013d0.png      image

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• What a beauty! Lots of T&Ps headed your way! Stay strong, mama! :)
    imageimage
  • Those pics are super sweet Megs! We are all cheering Josephine on! Please take care of yourself and we miss you.
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • What a beautiful baby girl Meg! I'm so glad to hear all is going well! Thank you for the wonderful pictures and updates! Looking forward to your birth story!
  • Hey Meggo! I have been a bit of a bump break and missed all this, thanks for sharing an update here, and beautiful pictures.  Stay strong and vent when you need to.  What a roller coaster for you all to go through.  Lots of hugs and prayers for you and your previous Josephine!

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• She's beautiful! Congratulations! Stay stong Josephine!

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• I'm so glad I stopped by to lurk!  First, congrats on your baby girl Meg, she is absolutely beautiful!  I am sorry for all that you have been through, that sounds incredibly difficult.  I'm keeping you and Josephine in my thoughts and prayers!  <3
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congratulations on your precious baby girl. Praying for continued strength for you and your DH and that you get to take your LO home soon! Take care of yourself.

Anniversary 

• She's so sweet!  T&P for the remainder of her NICU stay and your recovery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"