TTC After a Loss
Options

~~~ttcal newbie check-in (june 10)~~~

****BFP Warning at end of post - skip if you are having a tough day****

Welcome to TTC After Loss. I'm so sorry for your loss but am happy you have found us. ((hugs)) This board is full of brilliant and kind women who have experienced the hardship of losing that which is most precious, and I hope you find great comfort and support here in your journey!

For those of you so new that you don't know the routine, this is a check-in for newer members of the TTCAL Board. Please feel free to use this space to ask those "newbie" questions that feel intimidating to ask on the main board and I will try my best to get you an answer.

**Please don't feel that you have to provide individual feedback to all of the posters ahead of you. Many do and it's great, but it's most definitely not required to be a part of this check-in. I'd just hate to think people might feel intimidated and not post because of this. All posts and responses are welcomed!

Please take the time to read the TTCAL blog to answer any questions you may have regarding our board etiquette, TTC, miscarriage & loss, and much more: https://ttcalblog.wordpress.com/ If you are a check-in regular and get a BFP, please PM me so that I can add it to the weekly check-in with a warning for other members.

Finally, if you haven't done so, please post your introduction on the main board including your story.

Weekly Update:  How are you doing?  Post an update including any news, thoughts, or questions - let me know how things are going for you! If you don’t see your name, it’s only because you didn’t check in last week.

@AggieBeth06 How are things this week? Hopefully insurance is being less shitty

@meredithcarole How is your NTNP cycle coming? Feeling a bit better about being off the bench?

@ButterCup509 Are you feeling any better? Hope the beach is awesome!!

@amybunny30 How is temping coming along? Any sign of AF? What happened with the cytotec?

@jcar2 I see you got a positive OPK! FX for some good timing.

@kvillano82 How was the appointment Friday?

@Km380 I see you’re still hanging out here in TTCAL – does that mean AF came? How are you doing?

@loveinkw13 How’s your TWW treating you? FX!

@RedHeadRunning Did you make a decision on the retained tissue? How are you feeling?

@HMR11913 How are you doing? I saw you had some spotting today :/ Hopefully that doesn’t mean AF

@kefkya How are you doing? Did you get a positive OPK?

@Lizzyrella Did you have the surgery? How’d it go? How are you feeling?

@akleng I hope your vacation was fun! Your chart is looking pretty crazy this month. Hopefully that drop means O is on the way

@Lesliem0901 How are you doing? I’m confused – where are you in your IUI cycle? Have you had it yet?

@amyelise25 Any sign of AF? When is the RE appointment?

@ashtog How is temping? I see a FF ticker in your siggy but it doesn’t actually link to your chart.

@MrsKush1014 How’ s work? Are you feeling any better about your SIL?

@goldengirl84 How are you doing this week? I know your appointment is still a couple weeks away.

@yellowcat10 How’s work and all the stress and chaos out there? Only one more week til you’re home!

@Nieko0423 Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! How has this week been?

@BackstreetPixie When is your next appointment? Symptoms doing ok? How’s everything else going?

@rslh10 Still waiting for AF? How’s it going?

@LauraO11 Definitely looks like you Oed. FX this cycle!

@MBJune How is everything going? You’re waiting this cycle out right?

@VesperLynch How are things going? Did you get AF?

@lyndz333 How are things? Did you O?

@Elliecat17 How is your CNA class going? How long does it last?

Question of the Week In honor of the fact that book 8 in my favorite series ever was released today, and I’ve been waiting over 4 years for this book: What is your favorite book? (ps : It's the newest book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon! If you've read the series, you'll know all about this someecard and Jamie Fraser :x )

------------------------------------

****BFP Warning****

Because the many congratulations in the comments can be hard to skip over, to keep this a safe place I would request that you please refrain from posting congratulations in your comments here. Instead, if you’d like to congratulate the grads, please PM them or find their intro on PgAL.

Congrats to our grads this week: @footprint and @jessicamathew - Wishing you both a healthy, boring 9 months!

BFP #1: 11.21.12; (EDD 7.30.13); missed M/C 12.21.12 @ 8w4d
BFP #2: 4.12.13; (EDD 12.28.13); missed M/C 5.23.13 @ 8w5d
BFP #3: 9.18.13; (EDD 6.3.14); missed M/C 10.22.13 @ 8w0d
BFP #4: 7.6.14; (EDD 3.17.15); Grow Baby Grow!
For SuzyQ

image   image   image

All are welcome

Re: ~~~ttcal newbie check-in (june 10)~~~

• Options
    meladoriestar Thanks for the check in! OMG I love the outlander series. I got scolded at 13 for reading them because my mom considered them 'racey' but oh Jamie Fraser. lol The CNA class is going great. It only lasts until the 30th. I have already had 2 exams. Got a 99 on the first, and hopefully aced this last one. Got another coming up on Thursday. 
    How are things going for you?
    I have a really stupid question, and I could probably figure it out by playing around, but how do I get my Ovulation Chart linked?
    QOTW: Dragonriders of Pern by Anne McCaffrey
    Me: 24 
    DH: 25
    BFP: 1/12/14       EDD: 9/18/14     MC: 1/15/14
    BFP: 5/6/14         EDD: 1/5/15       MC: 5/10/14
    BFP: 12/29/14      EDD: 9/12/15      MC: 1/5/15
    Dx: PCOS - 8/20/14, Hashimoto's - 10/10/14, Gluten Allergy 10/10/14

My Chart

TTCAL January Challenge
  • Options
    rslh10rslh10 member

@meladoriestar‌ I'm glad your stress and anxiety aren't as high! I hope you enjoy your book. That's a lonnnnng ass time to wait for a book! Read up, my love!

Hi ladies! I'm super tired tonight so a quick update for me I think. I'm waiting for AF still. I did however have a positive digi opk the 7th, and 8th am, but it was negative 8th pm. Been having O pains so I'm assuming that's a good sign my body's getting back to normal as I've not had a problem O'ing ever before. I don't chart mostly because I'm super intimidated by it. Due to the loss, I'm thinking heavily about starting FF and trying to avoid meds for a few cycles (maybe). It's all so much to consider as my AMH is low and my dr pretty much made it out to be like I had to TTC ASAP or I'll be shit outta luck... So there's that :)) lol I hope you are all doing wonderfully and have a great night!

QOTW: Harry Potter obviously:)) or Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    @meladoriestar‌ ok that does sound a lot easier than what I was expecting! I knew the gist of it, but I just had the hesitation on it. I think I'll go download the FF app and read the tutorial! Thanks so much lady!!
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    Hi @meladoriestar‌! Glad to hear work is getting better. Gl w cd3 tomorrow! I think I need to check out this book series of yours. I need a new obsession besides TB :-)

Afm yep still here, not very surprised. I'm headed to the RE tomorrow too for bw and us on cd4. And as long they're doing blood work I requested my thyroid be checked too. Why not toss in 1 more test right. Im starting temping too so hopefully after the RE and a few months of temping I'll have a better handle on my crazy. I tried linking FF it but it didn't work. I'll have to try again with the tips you answered above. I also have to check my bbt to see if it has memory bc I can't see it with my sleepy eyes at 7am lol.

QOTW - Pride and Prejudice. And Great Expectations. Love them both

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    @km380 I'm assuming TB= true blood? Cus uh...me too!! :D
  • Options
    MBJuneMBJune member
    @meladoriestar‌ Thanks for the check in! That's great that work is a little less crazy for you. I totally understand a series obsession and waiting for a new book to come out. My husband get frustrated when I don't put my book down for days, lol!

@Elliecat17‌ Good work with the tests!

@rhls10 @Km380‌ @Amybunny30‌
    Seeing as all of you are just starting or new to charting I would direct this to all of you. I hope charting will help you! When I actually kept up with it, it was great. Now I don't chart because I was doing IF treatments and monitored closely so I know what's going on. I would obsess way to much when I charted so I quit for my peace of mind.

AFM I am still waiting this cycle out. It feels like forever but it had only been a couple weeks. I had a continuing ed course this weekend for work and this week I was at our satellite office so work is keeping my mind off of everything else.

QOTW: anything by Allison Brennan. I impatiently wait for her new books!

I'm sorry if I missed anyone, I'm on mobile!

Dx: PCOS/Unexplained
    July '13 - Mar '14 - Letrozole and TI - BFN
    April '14 - HSG - All clear - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP
    May '14 - Miscarriage 5w 3d
    July '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Aug '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Sept '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP

Beta 1 - 87  Beta 2 - 193  Beta 3 - 441
    SA - All good
    ALL Welcome

• Options
    ((((Hugs)))) Mel! Good luck with tomorrow!

I've stuck my head in the sand a bit with insurance.

I think that for now I am going to gracefully bow out as a regular on this check in. I cannot thank you ladies enough - particularly Mel - for your support. It brought be enormous comfort to know that you all knew and remembered and were interested in how I was coping.

The reason is that I feel like I'm a little unable to provide the support that you all give, and I think I'm in a different place than before... There's a lot of new ladies and I want them to get the individual attention that I once needed.

I'll be lurking and posting from time to time in this check in if that's ok :)

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options
    Jumping on here quickly to update you ladies on my surgery. Getting pretty tired, so will try to get to any personals tomorrow.

Had my HSG and lap yesterday. Good news is that my right tube was actually open, and my doctor flushed dye through both tubes and ran the catheter through both sides to help the flow of the tubes. They did find endometriosis during my lap. They removed spots on my uterus, bladder and right ovary. However, there are spots on my right tube that are affecting the tube's mobility and could potentially block the tube from the outside. Those spots were too extensive to remove with the laser, so I will have to have another surgery to address that. But they are giving us a choice of trying for a few cycles before scheduling the surgery. We are still discussing what to do. 

My doctor did mention that there may be a higher risk of miscarriage with the endometriosis on my tube - have any of you heard that from your doctors? 

Pain wise, I am doing fine as long as I keep up on my pain meds. The worst part is the gas pain in my shoulder. That should go away in the next day or so. Otherwise, I am feeling much better than I thought I would be and was able to hit the Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale after my follow-up this morning!

QOTW: I have way too many favorite books, so I will list a few!

Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

January 2010 - diagnosed PCOS with IR, MTHFR, Protein S Deficiency and possible tubal issue
    Natural BFP after Metformin
    DD Cora born Oct. 2010
    TTC #2 since Oct. 2011
    Fall 2013 - Three rounds of Clomid, all BFN
    March 2014 - HSG shows right tube blocked
    Miscarriages April 2014 and July 2014, missing our little ones
    Lap/Selective HSG - June 9 
    Both tubes opened, Dx with endometriosis
  • Options
    Thanks for the check-in @meladoriestar, enjoy your reading!

I'm currently in Texas for a work assignment.  I had a horrible travel day yesterday - missed my first flight due to computer problems (I went to shut down my laptop and it started applying 16 updates!  It took over 45 minutes, ugh).  I ended up checking into the hotel at 12:30 this morning.  Thankfully my first meeting at the client site was not until 1:00 this afternoon!

I've come to terms with my brother and SIL's news, but it's still pretty hard on me.  I sent them a long email to send my heartfelt congratulations and then explain why I may keep my distance for a while.  I got an email in return from my brother last night...they don't understand where I'm coming from at all.  I can tell he's trying to understand and be compassionate.  But one of the lines in his email was "If you really want a child of your own someday I'm sure it'll happen."  Excuse me?!  TP to you, little bro.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to all that need them.  Sorry for the post and run, but my computer is about to die and I need to get to bed for my morning meetings.  Love to all of you lovely ladies!

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Hi everyone. NTNP is going fine. I am trying not to dwell too much as I don't want to get myself too worked up this month (let's see how not worked up I am in about 10 days as I am in my FW). QOTW: I love reading. There are so many books and series I have enjoyed. I would say Atlas Shrugged is probably one of the more influential books I have read as an adult. I do love the Anne of Green Gables series, Pride and Prejudice, Harry Potter, and the Dark Materials trilogy. ETA: happy reading, Mel!
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for the check in!

My next GI appointment is tomorrow morning... (Or this morning i guess since it is after midnight). My only symptom that has returned and it bothering me is the tummy gurgles. They are awful... Keep you up and heard in the next room awful... Other then that and feeling run down (maybe from not sleeping? ) everything else looks and feels normal... Fx that means doc will clear me tomorrow... And have some solution for the gurgles...

Other then that i am trying to keep my brain busy. Finished scanning all my poems, journals and print photos... So i have been cross stitching... Still learning on that.. Oh I will be gone friday-tuesday for a family reunion. Yay family! tues is my first EDD for my lost little one... So hubby took that day off. We will be driving all day that day with not much cell service. I have already had a few crys the past week over it...

When we get back i will have some new projects... I will have my dvd recorder so i will be dubbing home videos from vhs to dvd. Also will be scanning some of my moms old pics for her.... It keeps my brain busy and gives me something to do. Grateful for that.

I was listening to the "frozen" itunes radio station and "a dream is a wish the heart makes" came on from cinderella... Some of the lyrics i felt really hit me today... "A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through, No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." Wish I felt that optimistic all the time but maybe i will play this song when i am not feeling optimistic... Idk...

QOTW: wow that is a hard one.... Well i will go with the first thought that came to my head and that is Harry Potter...
    -Megan

Started dating Hubby May 17 2005. Married since Aug 20 2011 
    Me:30   Hubby:31
    TTC since May 2012 
    HSG Dec 2012 Fill no spill on left side, right side normal (most physically painful experience of my life..)
    Metformin Started May 2013
    PG#1: BFP 10-21-13. EDD 6-17-14 mmc 12-9-13 m/c occurred with cytotec on 12-11-13 
    PG#2: BFP 07-25-14.  EDD 4-5-15   *Hoping this is my rainbow*
    Diagnosed with PCOS, Hypothyroid,IBD/UC, (UC in remission as of July 2014)
    *I will always love you Fetey the first.* 

ALL WELCOME!

• Options
    Km380Km380 member
    edited June 2014
    *snip*
    Ok, that was a rant lol. Oops. Anyway good luck tomorrow! They're just running blood tests? Definitely I agree that you may as well check the thyroid. And yes, the memory feature on the thermometer is life saver lol.

He did an u/s too I thought I had said that oops. I'll go back cd9 and possibly 10 or 11 to really track what my body does vs what the opk says. He did say at that point he could give me a trigger and send me home to mh but he doesn't think I need to do that. And if the tests show everything is happening correctly I agree with him. Anywho, off to work now. I hope your appt today goes well!

Eta my snipped quote didn't show up right. Stupid mobile

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

image imageimage

• Options
    Km380Km380 member
    @BackstreetPixie‌ gl at the dr today!

@MrsKush1014‌ (((hugs))) people don't realize the insanely stupid things they sometimes

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    Lesliem0901Lesliem0901 member
    edited June 2014
    Hi ladies!
    Thank you for the check-in @meladoriestar. I am also a huge fan of the Outlander series. #1 is still by far my favorite. I'll definitely have to get the new one. I used to have issues falling asleep and would take Xanax too, but I've been off of it for two weeks. Not sure if it is the new puppy, or the Chinese herbs I'm taking, but I can fall asleep in 30 minutes now. My head still races and I have crazy anxiety dreams; that is my norm.
    I normally have back-to-back IUIs. They were scheduled for Thursday and Friday last week. The first one was cancelled b/c they accidentally contaminated the sperm during the semen wash. I did go through with the IUI on Friday. I'm pissed that I didn't have sex at all during my FW. It came way too early for me, and my DH and I couldn't get the timing right. So, now I wait knowing I only had one chance to get pg. Feeling a bit like a loser...
    Big hugs to those you need them this week.
    QOTW: I love the author John Irving. Cider House Rules and a Prayer for Owen Meany are probably my favorite. I also love the classics that were mentioned above.
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    meladoriestar I am glad things are less stressful and I hope things are going well for everyone else.  I have not been able to read the rest of the posts because of very crappy internet, but wanted to check-in before the power goes out AGAIN!  Cannot wait to leave in a week!
  • Options
    Forgot the question: Pride and Prejudice or Last of the Mohicans
  • Options
    *** Warning living child mentioned in update***

I had my OB appt today to get my Pap done and have my questions answered. In general, I am still in good health and he's glad to know I am ttc again. He said my cycles being irregular is still normal. He is also glad I am charting. My biggest issue is the non-consistent timing. I'm not a particularly light sleeper, but I am typically listening to make sure my daughter isn't waking up early, so I take my temp at the first notion of waking up so they are not off because I'm not "resting". He suggested since I know an average of how long my cycles are to use OPKs so I just got done ordering them off Amazon and should be here in time for me to start testing. He also said to do this to make sure I am Oing, and if not to come back in. 

My OB also gave me the green light to continue on my workouts and weight loss because even losing a little more weight may help my cycle regulate and increase my chances of a healthy O. I am continuing my efforts in TTC and DH and I are even having some fun with it since we will be BDing a lot over the next few weeks. 

Sorry to post and run, but I have to head to a meeting. Hugs to all who need it!

QOTW: I love the Harry Potter series and I love the Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    @meladoriestar FX for your Femara cycle! I am glad you are feeling less stress. If you have any words of advice on reducing anxiety send them my way!

@rslh10 I would definitely recommend FF. It’s nice to know what’s going on.

@amybunny30 I’m happy to hear that you’re recovering well. 

@km380 I agree, test it all!

@mbjune that’s great that you have kept yourself busy! I’m right there with you on waiting for this cycle to be over. The days just drag on and on.

@aggiebeth06 ((hugs)) lurk and post any time

@lizzyrella good news on your results and I hope that endo is not a problem for you. Rest up.

@mrskush1014 I’m sorry about your brother and SIL. Why is it so hard for people to put themselves in your shoes? ((((HUGS))))

Sorry, I can’t get to everyone right now but ((hugs)) for everyone!

I’m hanging in there. Less than two weeks until my RE appointment. I don’t know what I expect out of it. I called today to see what they would do at my consultation and she said probably just blood work. I guess I was hoping for a quick fix but I don’t think that will be the case. On one hand I’m almost hoping he’ll say let’s skill all this BS and go straight to IVF (well that sounds ridiculous out loud). On the other hand, I can get pregnant so easily so I just can’t seem to wrap my head around what the issue could be. Also, I called my insurance and they said they only cover fertility treatments if I’m actually diagnosed with some kind of real infertility. I said how is 3 mc’s not considered a dx? I’m confused. I guess I…. hope….. they find a (very treatable) reason?

I used to love to read but I haven’t read a book in so long! There just aren’t enough hours in my day. I love The Five Love Languages. Anyone read it? It’s a real eye opener for all types of relationships. I think the next book I will pick up will be the Bible. I’ve always wanted to read it all the way through. I’ve actually never read much of it other than in devotionals. I need to start having some faith again.

imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
  • Options
    stine28stine28 member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join this check-in if you'll have me!  I just intro'd yesterday on the main board, not sure if it's customary to re-intro here as well.  Short story, I've had 2 MC, one in late 2012 and one just a couple weeks ago on May 23.

As far as everything is going, I had been imagining I would go back to work on Monday, but I'm feeling really anxious today.  I have to get the OK from my doctor to go back to work, which would mean booking an appointment for Friday, but I think I might be chickening out.  Fortunately my work is totally ok with me taking extra time off if I need it.

I have a stupid question for you all - is my siggy showing??  I have some siggy text in the box that says "My Forums Signature" so I thought that would be all I needed.  But I can't see it so I'm assuming you can't either? - EDIT: Nevermind, I just found another place where I could input the siggy text.  Weird.

QOTW: I love to read travel stories, so my favourite books are anything by Bill Bryson.

ETA: Answered my own question. ;)
    - - -
    Me(33) & DH(33) - Married 2012.08.18
    TTC #1 since Aug 2012
    BFP#1 2012.12.14 - EDD 2013.08.23 - MC 2012.12.26
    BFP#2 2014.03.12 - EDD 2014.11.16 - MC 2014.05.23
    BFP#3 2014.07.17 - EDD 2015.03.28 - Feeling Hopeful!
  • Options
    I'm a newbie.  I posted an introduction but not sure what is considered the main board?? 
    Also, I am charting but not on here.  You referenced being able to see people's charts...  am I supposed to chart on here somewhere.  Thanks!!  :)
    Married 10/12
    TTC since 6/13
    BFP 7/2/13
    MC at 7 weeks

• Options
    @bogey75, some people link their FF charts in their siggy's. If you're using FF and feel comfortable linking it you can, but it's not by any means a requirement. I'm sorry for your loss. Yours too @stine28.

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    FeeganFeegan member
    Thanks for the check-in @meladoriestar and can I just say how happy it makes me to know you are a booknerd too? Since your post about the series last week, I am now really intrigued to read it. 

.:HUGS:. to all that are needing them this week, especially the new recruits, welcome, I am sorry for your losses and hope you find the support here you need.

AFM: I have resigned to have the operative hysteroscopy done next month to remove the retained tissue. I don't want to chance infection and I can't stomach letting this miscarriage drag out even longer than it already has. (By surgery date it will have been nearly 2.5 months) In the meantime we are meeting with a new RE next week in hopes that we feel more comfortable with their level of care and concern. Last week was the final straw for us with the current RE, her lack of compassion throughout this long process and even before the miscarriage, has left us with a bad taste in our mouth. 

QOTW: How can I possibly decide?!?! I guess, based on how many times I've re-read it, The Hobbit is my favorite.
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    @goldengirl84‌ gl with the Re. They will likely have you come back for ultrasounds and additional tests on specific CDs. I know you really want an answer and quick fix but IVF isn't actually a cure all solution ( I didn't know that 7 months ago) and it is possible they won't actually find anything wrong. My RE found nothing wrong w me or mh. For us IVF with genetic testing is an option but for now not the course we are taking.

I'm not saying this to be mean or a Debbie downer, I just want to be sure your expectations are reasonable. This is all hard enough.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    Km380 said:
    @goldengirl84‌ gl with the Re. They will likely have you come back for ultrasounds and additional tests on specific CDs. I know you really want an answer and quick fix but IVF isn't actually a cure all solution ( I didn't know that 7 months ago) and it is possible they won't actually find anything wrong. My RE found nothing wrong w me or mh. For us IVF with genetic testing is an option but for now not the course we are taking. I'm not saying this to be mean or a Debbie downer, I just want to be sure your expectations are reasonable. This is all hard enough.
    @km380 although it is hard to hear, I really do appreciate your honestly and advice for realistic expectations. I know it is frustrating that you don't have answers but I'm glad there is nothing truly wrong and I hope that is a good thing for you. Thank you for the heads up on ultrasounds and additional tests. I'm on CD 12 (first cycle after mc and benching myself this cycle) so do you think they will monitor me while I TTC next cycle or do you think they might tell me to hold off for another month? I have regular cycles and have no problem getting pregnant. I would just like to have some sort of idea of what to expect. TIA.
    imageimage
    Me: 29 DH:30 married 6/5/10
    DS: 10/12/12 via ECS (blood clot in umbilical cord)
    BFP 1/25/14 mc at 6 1/2 weeks  EDD: 10/4/14
    BFP 4/10/14 mc at 4 1/2 weeks  EDD: 12/15/14
    BFP 5/14/14 mc at 5 1/2 weeks  EDD: 1/20/15
    BFP 8/28/14 *please, please stick*  EDD: 5/10/15
  • Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    Do you guys still chart if you're being monitored via u/s and what not? My last cycle that ended in a loss was a Clomid/Trigger cycle so I was monitored a lot. I think if I do it, it will just be for my peace of mind, ya know? 
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    @goldengirl84‌ I'm sorry I really can't answer if they will tell you to wait. I just know some tests are around cd3 and then maybe around cd10. Your RE should tell you at your first appt how to proceed. I know it's hard to wait ((hugs))

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Also have hypothyroidism

image imageimage

• Options
    @meladoristar - Thank you for the check in!  Sorry I'm late!  It's the last week of school and things are just nutty.  I'm just a waiting to O now.  Waiting, waiting, waiting!  I'm hoping that will be happening in the next week or so.  

QOTD:  I like biographies, not necessarily series of books.  :)

BFP #1 - 12/7/2012 - EDD 8/14/2013 - DD born 8/17/2013
    BFP #2 - 3/31/2014 - EDD 12/6/2014 - Natural miscarriage on 4/28/2014
    BFP #3 - 8/4/2014 - EDD 4/12/2015 - Chemical Pregnancy discovered on 8/13/2014

• Options
    HMR11913 I technically have a MFP account, but typically use Sparkpeople for my tracking and Map my Run for my walks. GL with your goals and C25K. I attempted it for a week, but with the hills of my neighborhood I couldn't hack it!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    kefkyakefkya member
    Hi ladies! Thanks for the check-in @meladoriestar! OPKs positive over the weekend. Yea!! Lots of sneaking around with hubby since we were away all weekend staying with family. "Hon, can you help with with something in the bedroom for a little bit?...." I've been temping with a not-so-great thermometer and I think I got the temp shift up starting yesterday, and it was up more today. Next month I am going to get a better BBT and chart religiously if this cycle doesn't pan out. I'm on DPO 3...tick...tock...tick...tock....I'm not feeling hopeful really. I had a nightmare a few nights ago that I was on a huge ship that was flooding with water and I had to run down the hallways to escape this huge wave- and then I saw to my left a little alcove that had a crib full of babies in it and I threw myself over the crib to protect them from the wave- and as the wave hit me I woke up.

QOTW: Books! Love to hear about good books. I am currently almost through re-reading the Anne of Green Gables books. love love. But my all-time favorite book (series) are the Dune books by Frank Herbert.
    Kate (34) + Hubby (33), happily married since 7/6/02
    DD 4/23/13
    TTC #2 in 2014, CP 5/24/14 (4w2d)
  • Options
    FeeganFeegan member
    edited June 2014
    @goldengirl84 I'm not sure if they'll monitor you right out the gate if you are not being treated, but if they do, expect a CD3 (yes, during shark week) vaginal ultrasound to check the ovaries, and then another between cd6-12 to check follicle size growth. If you are shy, prepare to throw your dignity out the window! (I say that lovingly and with a laugh.) If you track your cycle and know when you usually O make sure they are aware of this range of days and if they're timing of things doesn't feel right, speak up! My first cycle with my RE I kept telling them I O'd around cd 13 and instead of having the IUI then they made me come in for one more monitor and lo and behold, as expected, I had already O'd. I was really, really upset about that. (I'm sure being on the clomid didn't help things either) It's all very overwhelming at first, so take notes and keep a running list of questions as you may not remember to ask at the time or think of ones after you leave. Wishing the best of luck and the shortest of treatment plans.
    TTC #1: 3/2013
    02/2014: Clomid = BFN
    03/2014: Femara + Menopur + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP! - 3/17/14
    EDD: 11/29/14 - MMC @ 9 wks: 4/25/14 
    Misoprostol 4/28 & 4/29 - D&C after misoprostol failure 5/2/14
    07/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014: Spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    08/2014 v2.0: Final spontaneous IUI, no meds = BFN
    09/2014: BCP cycle in prep for injectable cycle in Oct.
    10/2014: Gonal-F + Cetrotide + Ovidrel + IUI  = BFP!
    TWINS! 
    "Top Bunk" & "Bottom Bunk" due June/July 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"