December 2013 Moms
Options

Is my baby just a jerk or am I missing something?

So ladies you have always been helpful in the past and now I really need you again! Josie was in a bassinet (she had the rock and play sleeper) from 0-3 months, went into the crib from 3-5 months but when we had people in town for her baptism she was back in the bassinet for 3 nights and now refuses to go back to her crib. She slept in the crib without a single problem when we moved her but now she just screams and gets so mad when we put her in the crib and as soon as she is in her bassinet she is out like a light in under 5 minutes. We tried putting a wedge in her crib so its proped up like her RNP, we put some clothes of ours in there with her, we play a white noise machine, and putting her in after she is 100% knocked out and nothing works!

The answer was pretty simple to us...just let her sleep in the damn bassinet but our little ninja in training figured out a way to escape and I woke up to her hanging out the side or her RNP about to make the last push off to land herself on our bedroom floor.

Any ideas I have missed? I really hate the idea of CIO but I might just need to grow some mom balls and do it because at this point it's a safety issue.

Thanks ladies!

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

Re: Is my baby just a jerk or am I missing something?

• Options
    You're probably going to get a lot of advice to CIO.  Seems lots of ladies have had success with that lately with bed time issues and night waking.  We did it with DS1 when we exhausted all other options and it did work.  But there seems to be some 5-6 month bedtime regression.  We went through 3-4 hellish weeks with bedtime taking anywhere from 1-3 hrs including many pick up/sleep/put down/repeat.  It seems to have gotten better (knocks on wood) recently so that's why I'm guessing it was just a very exhausting phase.  So I'd say either stick it out with taking 100 tries to get her down or CIO.  
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You just called your baby a jerk?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You just called your baby a jerk?

I really think she was just being facetious. I mean I got upset when someone called their kid a shithead but come on now.
  • Options
    lp0lp0 member
    edited June 2014
    If you think calling a baby a jerk is bad wait until you have a toddler lol That's where the fun comes in because you can't say it out loud because they repeat everything.

OP my only suggestion is maybe make sure the mattress in the crib is warm before putting her down. Maybe the cold is startling her awake and she's realizing where she is. Not great advice but that's all I got. GL!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I see. :)
  • Options
    LP0198 said:
    If you think calling a baby a jerk is bad wait until you have a toddler lol That's where the fun comes in because you can't say it out loud because they repeat everything. OP my only suggestion is maybe make sure the mattress in the crib is warm before putting her down. Maybe the cold is startling her awake and she's realizing where she is. Not great advice but that's all I got. GL!
    LOL, yes! It's a new level of jerkiness when they're jerks just to mess with you...

• Options
    edited June 2014
    LP0198 said:

If you think calling a baby a jerk is bad wait until you have a toddler lol That's where the fun comes in because you can't say it out loud because they repeat everything.

OP my only suggestion is maybe make sure the mattress in the crib is warm before putting her down. Maybe the cold is startling her awake and she's realizing where she is. Not great advice but that's all I got. GL!

I have a toddler and an almost 9 year old. They're also both boys, so they can get pretty ridiculous.

;)
  • Options
    Agree with the above, but OP, sounds like some ST is in order :(
    imageimageimage

Sebastian: March 3, 2010

2nd Tri Angel Baby: November 2012

McKenna: December 2, 2013

• Options
    Thanks ladies. I think that the jokes about my baby being a jerk helped me. I needed a good laugh while my child had her sassy pants on.

Turns out she is just a jerk. I put her in her crib and piled up blankets around her to kind of close the crib in (yeah she is gonna suffocate I got it) because I think what was waking her up is that she had "too much" space. She is really strong and active so when I put her down in her crib she would want to roll around and crawl so I made it feel a little more closed in like her bassinet and she fussed for about 15 minutes off and on and then she was out for the count from 10:30pm-7:00am. when I woke her up to take her to grandmas for the day.

I didn't want to put the blankets in because I was worried about her breathing but lets get real if home girl can climb out of a RNP with no issues then she can push away a blanket if it gets in her face.

Mom+Dad+Josie+May 2015=2 under 2!!!!  

• Options
    lp0lp0 member
    What about putting a divider in the crib to make it smaller? It could be anything, like a laundry basket wrapped in a blanket. Something that wont move around and is not too soft but not hard if she smooches up against it. That way she can feel cozy and you don't have to worry about her getting tangled in the blankets at night.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"