Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Opk timing ?

What day do you start using your opk?
Also, since you aren't supposed to test first thing, when do you test?

Thanks!

Re: Opk timing ?

• Options
    Do you know the day that you usually ovulate? It depends on your cycle. I would suggest starting to test around three or four days before the anticipated O day in the first month you use them. Test around 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. and don't use the first morning urine.

In my first PP cycle, I was unsure when I would O, so I started testing at CD10 because I used to O on CD14. In that cycle, I O'ed on CD18. It was a little maddening testing all of those days, but at least I knew that I didn't miss it. Now I start testing four days out.

Also, if you don't temp, then you can't assure that you are ovulating with OPKs. They indicate a hormonal surge, but some women experience a surge without ovulating. Temping will help you pinpoint the exact O day. 

Hope this helps!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I start on CD10--I've been charting for months so I know I typically O between CD13-15.  If you aren't sure what your average cycle length is, I would start on CD10.  If you have an idea of your average cycle length, I would start a few days before the earliest you've ovulated.  After several cycles you'll have a better idea and not have to use as many OPKs.

I test once a day until my test line starts to darken, then I test twice a day until I get a positive.  I test in the late morning and again in the late afternoon/early evening.  You can use FMU (first pee in the morning) for the Clearblue Easy digital OPKs.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That does help a lot, thank you.
    I work during the day so testing at work inconspicuously might be tough....
  • Options
    Mine came with clear instructions and a handy chart--look up your shortest cycle length and they gave you the CD to start on. Same with urine--mine said hold urine for at least 4 hours, FMU is fine if afternoons are difficult (like at work. It was awkward the one time I did it). 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ocintheoc said:
    That does help a lot, thank you. I work during the day so testing at work inconspicuously might be tough....
    I test at work and I'm a teacher. I go to the restroom (bring my bag in with me with my strips and cup), use the restroom, get my timer set up on my phone, dip the stick, lay it on paper towels and hit the timer, rinse cup, put stuff back in bag, phone back in pocket, paper towel folded over, transport stick laying flat in paper towel back to my classroom, put on desk, wait for timer to go off and take a peak, crumple everything up in the paper towels and toss. 

You can do it inconspicuously. 

ETA: Timing depends on what you typically expect of your cycle (as others have stated). Pre-baby I used to O around CD12 and post-baby I tend to O between CD13-15. I start using strips on CD10 just to be sure. I never use FMU, test between 10-12 and then again in the evening.
  • Options
    I use FMU because I usually use the CBE digital but I started to use the WONDFO's because they are way cheaper so now I just use both FMU and around 3pm, I'm obsessed with peeing on sticks:-)
    Married 07/15/2006 DS # 1&2 born 07/06/2007 TTC# 3 since 10/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"