Pregnant after IF
Options

First u/s yesterday. Question!

Hey Ladies! I had my first u/s yesterday. I was 7 weeks 1 day. We saw the heartbeat (and heard it too!) flickering and beating up a storm was 144 bmp! My RE said the heartbeat was super strong and guided us around the screen and showed issues they usually look for but he doesn't see any of. He said everyting looked "beautiful". I was high on life until... He left the room and I started reviewing the u/s pictures and one of them shows the measurments. It said 6 weks 5 days. But I should be 7 weeks 1 day so that's 3 days difference. He never even mentioned that to us!!

After we walked out of the room I saw him in the hall and asked him about it and he said "Oh, those numbers are +/- 4 days". Unfortunatley I can't stop thinking about it. Do you ladies think htat's anything for me to worry about or should I just focus on a good strong heartbeat?!

I started to google but go flustered. I know that many times it's hard to measure accurately this early on. Anyone have experience or a way to calm my nervous? I have another 2 weeks to wait to see if this little one has caught up! Eek.

On a side note: We did CGH testing and the nurse told my husband the gender (I told him I didn't mind if he wanted to know but I wasn't ready to find out yet) How crazy that I live in a house with someone who knows the gender of the baby in my belly and I haven't even asked!?

Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
New RE. Fresh Start
IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                             CGH Testing: 6 Normal
FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
Due January!

Re: First u/s yesterday. Question!

• Options
    U/S that early are not very accurate for dating.
    It sounds like you have the best news you could possibly have at this stage, so enjoy it!
    I know it is hard!

TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Options
    Sending you hugs! I have read several times - here and elsewhere, and confirmed by my RE - that especially early on, the measurements are just approximations and not always completely precise. It's quite possible that if the doc had measured again a minute later, the result would have been slightly different (a day or two off). Trust your doctor. He will let you know if/when there is something to worry about. Doctors in general are not in the business of getting your hopes up when it's not warranted - they need to set realistic expectations. So relax and enjoy the fact that you had a great u/s :)
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is perfectly normal!! Mine have always been a few days behind. All is good!!

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    Definitely normal! I had the same fear when I saw at my 8 week appt that the baby was about 3 or 4 days behind. I've been told consistently that the machines are not 100% accurate, and when the baby is so little, +/- 7 days is completely fine. If it helps, i was measuring "behind" to measuring "ahead" once the 11 week appt came around, and measured "ahead" today too. So, as long as the baby is growing, and the hb is good, let that be your peace of mind! :)
                                         - ticker/siggy warning -

ivf #1 (MFI): 18 retrieved, 16 fertilized 
         bfp: 8dp3dt, beta #1 10dp3dt: 103, beta #2 14dp3dt 637, EDD: 12.06.14! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    I will echo everyone else...completely normal. I measured 4 days behind at my 7 and 8 week ultrasounds. I'm now 31 weeks and she was measuring a few days behind as of my last ultrasound at 29 weeks.
    8/2011: Diagnosed with ovarian cancer, ovaries and tubes removed

12/2011: Finished chemo

5/2013: Cleared for DE IVF

11/13: DEgg IVF#1

8/5/14: Grace was born!

• Options
    Congrats in the good ultrasound!! Listen to these ladies above, they are all giving good advice. My advice in addition is to stay off google.. It never gives you what you're looking for and will worry you for NO reason.

Lastly, find out the gender! It's driving me crazy and I'm not even there. Jk! Enjoy and I think you are incredibly strong to know you are not ready to know the gender. Many congrat hugs to you!
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Options
    Everything PPs said. Do not worry. Measurements at this time aren't all that accurate and it also depends on when your embryo implanted. You're fine!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm going to echo everyone here. My RE said ultrasounds are +/- 3 days in the beginning, and can actually be even more off as you progress through the pregnancy. As hard as it is, I think you have to trust your RE and know that if they're not worried, you shouldn't be worried. For US, this is the most important thing in our world and we're going to over-analyze everything. For THEM, they've seen tons of ultrasounds and know what to look for, and would tell you if they thought there was a problem. 
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• Options
    My measurements are always a bit ahead with both pregnancies so far. Because my daughter was a surprise we didn't know it was inaccurate until she was born so I didn't worry. This time they were 4 days ahead of the earliest day I could have conceived and it drove me crazy! I just keep in mind that babies grow at different rates and keep telling myself not to be surprised if I go a few days late. I know I didn't have the worry like you do but it is normal and find out the gender! It may make you feel more attached. If you aren't ready for that then there is no harm in waiting. :) congratulations!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    MKateGMKateG member
    Congrats! Everything sounds great to me! At my 6wk u/s baby b measured a few days behind and its heart rate was 97, which worried me a lot but my RE said it was just getting started and not to worry, and now baby b is measuring longer than baby a and its heart rate is 169 at 8wks! Baby will grow so much in the coming weeks and it will catch up :-)
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"