Adoption
Options

Waiting with Nothing to do

So, this isn't a new topic, but really it's the only thing I can do now.  We have wrapped up everything we need to do to get licensed and have our final meeting on Monday with a placement worker, and we should be licensed in the next couple of weeks.  This is a whole new form of torture in the process.  Before I at least had things to keep me busy in the process...paperwork, prep the house, buy stuff and now it's just waiting.  Doing nothing just goes against the grain of who I am.  I know many of you know exactly what I'm talking about, as I've watched others post similiar things...I just never fully understood it until now. 

It also doesn't help that I'm waiting to see if an IUI cycle took, so it's really a double whammy for me right now.

Thanks for listening and now I think I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in my garden this weekend to keep me occupied!

Re: Waiting with Nothing to do

• Options
    sgb721sgb721 member
    Its hard. I'm struggling with not knowing what to do with myself and this wait. At first the paperwork kept me busy, then creating our own website, then creating a nursery. Now after 16 months of waiting I've kind of run out of things to do..... I'm open to suggestions!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options

@packerfan4life - the beginning of the process is so exciting...I know it was for us too. 

@Strawberryglobug - I can't imagine waiting for 16 months!  Whoa!  I don't think we'll have to wait nearly that long for a placement since we are foster-to-adopt, but we will have to deal with the risk of potentially having to reunify the child.

So there are times when the world conspires to giving us signs...I was checking Facebook a few minutes ago and the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption posts:  "Sometimes what we learn and who we become in the process of waiting is even more important than what we are waiting for."  Hmmm...what is the universe trying to tell me?  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"