April 2014 Moms
Options

When do you babywear?

I have the J Cole Agility wrap. I've used it during walks, but was thinking about using it tomorrow while organizing my classroom. So what kind of chores do you do while babywearing? Also, does anyone wear the baby while eating? I feel like I would spill :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When do you babywear?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bekah had some syrup bc it got on her you should have seen how big her eyes got haha. ( it was on her hand)
  • Options
    KyllaraeKyllarae member
    edited June 2014
    I usually wear her when I have to take the walk to the mailbox or the school bus stop to pick up my younger sister, wash dishes, go shopping, or when she's being extra cuddly. She falls asleep pretty easy in it (K'Tan) and doesn't get too got if she's only wearing a onesie or tshirt. I don't usually eat when I wear her but when she's asleep on me and I eat I put a burp cloth over her to catch any drips if I'm eating something warm so it won't hurt her skin.

• Options
    I wear every time we are in public as well as occasionally around the house. When I wear him while eating I try to be extra careful and no hot liquids. :)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
    April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."
  • Options
    Since I have a 1.5 year old at home, I wear him most of the time around the house. I also prefer to wear him when out shopping because he sleeps better that way and it's easy to nurse him if he does happen to wake up.
  • Options
    Like others have said, I mostly wear LO when out shopping. The carseat is too heavy to lug around inside the store and it is nice to have more room in the grocery cart for bulky items.

On my first attempt at baby wearing, DH and I were at Panera for lunch. I accidentally dropped a forkful if Ceasar salad on LO's head which startled him and caused him to scream bloody murder. DH and I booked it out of the restaurants like such novice parents...

"Oh Eli, there's a sanctity in your innocence. A certain beauty and no uncertain strength that brings me to the faith. I don't know if I am climbing to or falling in, but it comes like grace from your tiny hands when I hold you in mine." - Eli's Song

• Options
    Thanks ladies! You're making me more confident to wear my wrap more often! I got LO in there by myself yesterday when our two dogs ran away, and I had no other option!

• Options
    Like others I use my Ergo when at the store every time. At home I only really use it when we go outside or if she's being especially fussy, calms her down right away.

Not to hijack your thread, @MissHSoonToBeMrsS‌ but I've been looking at getting the agility wrap because she gets pretty warm in the Ergo. How do you like the wrap??
  • Options
    I wear him all the time- we are out and about for big brother's activities in the morning, so he sleeps in there pretty much all the time. Shopping, walks, hanging around the house...etc. He only naps reliably in a carrier or on me during the day and my toddler won't tolerate me sitting on my ass all day, so babywearing it is :).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I love the Agility wrap! My only complaint is that it's black so I'm not sure how it will be during our hot Nebraska summers! It's super easy though.

• Options
    Thanks @aviola329‌ and @MissHSoonToBeMrsS‌ ! I was hoping it would be a little more breathable :) on diapers.com they also have it in gray if you love it that much and the black ends up too hot.
  • Options
    All the freaking time! Living my baby hawk and ring slings!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I wear him a lot. He takes most naps in the Ergo l, although sometimes I transfer him if he is sound asleep. I am taking care of my toddler all day too so babywearing is just making it easier right now.

I put a cloth napkin on his head when I eat. And I will confess to spilling beer on him a few weeks ago. Oops! He got a bath that night :\">
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well it didn't work too well to babywear at school while moving my stuff out. It was just hard to bend over and whatnot. It won't stop me from trying more babywearing!

• Options
    The only time I have worn LO is when we are at DS's sports events or if we are outside hanging out in the yard. It keeps her calm and she usually ends up falling asleep. She is pretty good about letting me put her down and napping in her RNP so I don't have to wear her much inside.

• Options
    Tasha575 said:

I've only baby wore once. I have the k'tan and have a hard time getting to her in. I was able to get her in comfortably once and it was great! I cooked and straightened up. I feel like such a loser because I can't figure it out yet!

This! I want to wear baby more but I feel like a complete moron when it comes to the ktan. I know how to use it but LOs feet are bent weird or he's pushing off my chest which makes me feel very unstable. Plus, I feel like I can never get his head secure so it's not bobbling around. We had no issues at 4 weeks but now that's he's bigger it's more frustrating.
  • Options
    RoufiRoufi member
    I've worn him at the mall, rugby games, soccer games, a motocross race, for walks, while working at my laptop...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"