Natural Birth
Options

How often do/did you see your chiropractor?

If you saw a chiropractor throughout your pregnancy, how often did you go?  Did they provide any special payment plan or discount because you were pregnant?  For example, if you had to go 3 times in one week for some reason, did they charge you full price for every visit?  My insurance will only cover 15 visits a year, so I'm pretty sure I'll use those up really fast.  Just trying to see what the norm is. Thanks!
                                                                                          BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                             BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                             BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                   BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      

Re: How often do/did you see your chiropractor?

• Options
    I always went biweekly starting at the end of the 2nd trimester to make sure my body was aligned.  Also, I go once a few days after giving birth.
  • Options
    *LrCg* said:
    I always went biweekly starting at the end of the 2nd trimester to make sure my body was aligned.  Also, I go once a few days after giving birth.
    Did you go any more frequent at the very end, like during your last month?
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went once every 2 weeks until the last month then once a week. I didn't get a discount for being pregnant but they did offer a discount for paying uncovered visits all at once and both mine and baby's first adjustment PP was free.

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    welly01 said:

*LrCg* said:

Did you go any more frequent at the very end, like during your last month?

Nope, I just continued biweekly. With my first 2 I went days before 37 weeks & have birth at 37 weeks exactly with both (non induced). So with my 3rd I purposesly waited to be 37.5 weeks & gave birth a week later. I'm not saying the 2 are related, I probably just naturally give birth early.

• Options
    I went about as often as I saw my OB during pregnancy, so once a month for the first and second trimesters, and then once every two weeks for the third trimester, and once a week for the last month. My insurance paid for 12 visits (minus a $10 copay), and the ones I paid out of pocket were $50/each. Totally worth it: my labor was 10hrs total and the last hour was a rapid progression from 2.5cm to 8cm, 10cm, and baby! Great natural birth, and I now sing the praises of chiropractic care during pregnancy to anyone who will listen!
    "Can I call your baby 'Ze Munchkin,' or 'ZM' for short?" - my best friend
  • Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    I went with both previous pregnancy for pelvic pain and sciatica.  I should go regularly but I have 2 kids and I work almost full time so it just doesn't happen unless I'm having a problem.  They do offer a discount for buying a bunch of sessions in advance.  My insurance doesn't cover any of it so I'd be thrilled with 15 sessions being covered.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    once a week until third trimester, then twice a week.
    Mommy to Emery Vera 5.20.12  Blog
  • Options
    I started having sciatic pain a few weeks ago (I am almost 21 weeks now) and am not suffering anymore just after 3 or 4 adjustments. I will go every 2 - 4 weeks now that I am not experiencing much pain just to stay aligned. Total believer in chiropractic care, even prior to pregnancy, and definitely think it's crucial during pregnancy!!
  • Options
    Weekly. By the end (starting about 35 weeks) I went twice a week.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
  • Options
    TheaRaeTheaRae member
    I go every week right now, but will be cutting back to once a month for the next two months and twice a week for the last 10 weeks my insurance coveres 20 visits and my co-pay is $20 but it is so worth it has really helped with the streching and growth of my baby bump... Hoping it carries over to dilivery. I have also heard accepuncture is a great alternative to chiropratic care.
  • Options
    Once a week tends to keep my issues at bay.  No special pricing due to the pregnancy.

• Options
    I went once a week each week during the last two months of my pregnancy.  It helped get rid of my lower back pain.
  • Options
    msmeg26msmeg26 member
    I've been going 2-3 times a week for the past 2 years prior to now being pregnant. And will continue to do so. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    once a week beginning my 3rd trimester.  For my second pregnancy, I plan to start going earlier.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"