Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

11 mo stopped growing!!!

Seriously, she's 27" and 16.5 lbs.  She's making all her milestones, learning how to walk and cutting two teeth as I type, but she hasn't grown but an inch since her 6 month check up, and only gained like, a pound.  I'm not worried because she seems totally healthy and happy and super smart, but I'm also quite worried because, well, she hasn't grown!!  We've had 3 different pedi's (don't ask) so noone's been with her for more than a few checkups.  Our last visit (9month check up) was with our new pedi, and he mentioned how small she was (10th %ile).  I've got to go back to her last Dr's office and get her records so we can go over them again at our next appointment next month, but I know how big she was.  She was born perfectly on time, and perfectly normal height and weight wise.  (18", 7lb4oz)  I know babies grow when they're sleeping, and she's not the world's worst sleeper, but we rarely get more than 4 hours at one shot, 3.5 is normal.  Could that have anything to do with it?  Someone make me feel okay, please!

Re: 11 mo stopped growing!!!

• Options
    I'm not an expert by any means, but everyone grows at different speeds. %tiles are there as a measuring stick, not as an end-all-be-all. Some baby out there HAS to be the 1st %tile, and the 100th %tile. All the other babies fall somewhere in between. If you've been to the Dr, and they aren't overly alarmed, you shouldn't be either. 
  • Options
    Sometimes babies will plateau for a while. Don't stress

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ^^ I agree with Prim.  For the height, it also could have to do with variations between the health-care-providers doing the actual measurements of your LO.  If at 9 months they measured her a little tall, and then at her last visit measured her a little short, that could account for the numbers and still having your LO making decent progress.  My LO appeared to not grow much in height between 6 and 9 months, but looking at the general trend, it was more likely that he was measured a little too tall at his 6 month visit, as looking at the growth curve, all the other visits fit on a nice curve, where the 6 month measurement was off.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    My lo according to the doctors charts shrunk 2 inches between his 5 and 6 month check-up. Different nurses measured and clearly one was wrong! I can tell lo is growing longer because of how his clothes fit. That being said we're no longer zipping through clothes sizes anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"