Options

CPW - Hair Color

blairwitchblairwitch member
edited June 2014 in July 2013 Moms
Do you color your hair?

CPW - Hair Color 115 votes

I dont remember my natural color
10% 12 votes
Only to cover the gra...I mean just a shade lighter or darker than my natural color.
10% 12 votes
A few highlights here and there
15% 18 votes
Why mess with perfection?
58% 67 votes
SS
5% 6 votes

Re: CPW - Hair Color

• Options
    High lites that I tend to not maintain..... thank goodness for a good hair dresser that makes them blend well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used to all the time. My hair is naturally black but I've had it as light as bleach blonde. Too much to keep up with, though. I haven't colored my hair in almost 4 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    fabkfabk member
    Nope. I wouldn't mind highlights for a change but am too lazy/cheap.
  • Options
    I have 3 colors right now. Bleached, dyed and natural. I had a hair color accident a whule back. The bleached part is almost all cut off that i can dye it again. I risk my hair turning blue if I dye the bleached part.
  • Options
    This reminds me that my silver roots are coming in :((

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm too lazy to color my hair. Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Options
    I'm blonde and used to bleach it in the summer and go dark red in fall/winter. I did this for years and somehow it didn't fall out. My best friend was a stylist and di my hair for $20. Since we've stopped talking years ago I haven't done a thing with my hair. Too damn expensive! And I know it would be an awful mess if I did it at home

• Options
    Ugh... I dye to cover grays... It's in my genes to be fully gray by 30. I'm 31 and dodged that, but it's definitely enough to dye. I have black hair though so it's easy to just do a quick cover up. In HS I wanted highlights and I got a nice orange streaked look. I don't dye any other colors anymore....

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• Options
    I found my first gray hair at 14, I color regularly to cover that mess up! 

• Options
    Sometimes I do. Most of the time I don't. I should because I'm getting some gray. Whatever. Don't care enough. When it's super noticable I will color regularly. I'm not there yet. I used to dye all the time when I was single. Just to change it up. I've gone from blonde to black and everything in between. I've never done unnatural hair colors though. No pinks or blues or anything. I can't get away with it in my profession. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Covering gray :(

Bonus: 

• Options
    KMRR86KMRR86 member
    My hair has always been naturally blonde but in the last couple years started to take on a strawberry blonde colour I'm not overly fond of so I just put in a few blonde highlights so it's a little less orange.
  • Options
    heyhayleeheyhaylee member
    edited June 2014
    I have red hair. My dh would be furious if I colored it. Not that it's his choice, but I would never get this color back, and people strive for it by buying it in a box, so why change it?
  • Options
    I add some highlights. My hair is pretty blonde naturally. I did darken it for two years and it was so hard to keep up.
  • Options
    I leave my hair alone. It's cheaper and easier :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

heyhaylee said:

I have red hair. My dog would be furious if I colored it. Not that it's his choice, but I would never get this color back, and people strive for it by buying it in a box, so why change it?

Your dog seems awfully controlling....
    Pahaha!!! DH*** stupid autocorrect!
  • Options
    atlvolatlvol member
    Asbromle said:
    I leave my hair alone. It's cheaper and easier :)
    This exactly.  I'm too cheap to pay for it every 6-8 weeks. I have only had one haircut since DS was born.    
  • Options
    I also have red hair (duh) and have never dyed it. My hair dresser told me that even if I wanted to, she wouldn't do it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Options
    When I was little I had nice blonde hair...then it got darker with age.  Its a lovely dishwater blonde color now.  So its pretty much never left that way :)  DH requested it be my natural color for our wedding.  Even then I had to have highlights put in.  Currently its chunks of black and  plum.   Pre baby I favored hot pink and purple :)  But that got expensive.
  • Options
    No dye in years. Like pp have said too expensive and I'm too lazy. If I start to go gray though I would consider it. I have dark blonde hair so it may be hard to spot any grays right away.
  • Options
    Sometimes. I dyed it back on February. Only to cover the grays I had. 25 and already have some grays. :(
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    My hair is dirty blonde. I've highlighted it a couple of times in the past, but I'm not good at keeping up on it. I always end up putting it up in a bun or ponytail anyways so there's no real point to me doing it.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    When I was in high school, I used to get red highlights, which I liked.  And in college after a fight with my boyfriend, I went to a crappy salon in the Bronx and got some pretty fabulous blonde highlights :)

But its too expensive, and I like my natural color actually-- really dark brown.  

When they greys come in, I'll start playing with color again.  :)
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    I also have red hair (duh) and have never dyed it. My hair dresser told me that even if I wanted to, she wouldn't do it.
    Same here.
  • Options
    SS - still natural here, but need to start coloring to hide all of this new gray hair (thanks LO!). I am in denial about how truly bad it looks.
  • Options
    Always have it dyed! Right now it's dark brown/almost black with purple peek a boo highlights. It's a favourite right now.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"