Infertility

Got my hysteroscopy results-endometrititis?

"Chronic inflammation of the uterus, except the cervix."

Well I can breathe knowing it's not a cancerous tumor they removed, but rather a part of some type of inflamation. Any experiences or knowledge in this area? The only downside to labcorp emailing me the results is I know before the doctor calls and my mind starts turning. :) Thanks!
Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
*Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*IVF (07/2013): BFP-Natural Miscarriage @ 5 weeks* <3 Madison Riley <3
*FET #1 (10/2013): BFN
*FET #2 (12/2013)- BFP-Missed Miscarriage at 8 weeks <3 Kyle Andrew <3
*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
*FET #3 (04/2014) was cancelled after finding Chronic Endometritis
*Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3

Re: Got my hysteroscopy results-endometrititis?

• Ticker warning

I just had the same issue. It is really important that you found that out because you can either have implantation failure or pregnancy loss if it goes untreated. They put me on a 10 day dose of antibiotics to treat it. Prior to this I had several cycles where they couldn't transfer because my lining was too thin. It was beyond frustrating. My dr. explained that the infection cause this thin lining. Actually, while waiting to do another cycle I just found out I am pregnant. I can't help but wonder how long this issue has been impacting me. 
  • Thank you for the response. The doctor didn't call today which is frustrating. I'm guessing this is since my last d & c because my lining is usually THICK instead of thin. Ie, they look for 8 and I'll be at 15 or something crazy. I've always wondered if too thick was bad but they never said anything...but I've gotten pregnant twice (one loss at 5 weeks and the other 8.5....so clearly they mustve nestled in my lining for at least sometime)
    Our Novel of TTC:

*Male Factor (low count and low motility), High Prolactin, and Polycystic Ovaries (March 2013)
    *Recurrent Miscarriage testing also revealed high anti-phospholipids & single MTHFR mutation. (Feb 2014) 

*Chromosomes and Karotyping tests were both normal.We lost a healthy baby boy :(
    *Miraculous BFP July 2014!! (I was taking baby aspirin and Cabergoline to stay regulated while "taking a break from TTC" and waiting to consult with a reproductive immunologist!!!) 

Our healthy baby girl was born 03/10/15 thanks to daily Lovenox injections and baby aspirin. There are no words for how grateful I am for our rainbow baby. <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Did they do a repeat biospy afterwards to make sure the antibiotics worked?
    Our Novel of TTC:

• I was diagnosed with the same.  I have been TTC for months with failed IUIs.  My RE said that endometrits makes it difficult to conceive or may lead to miscarriage. I have been put on Doxy for 6 weeks 2x a day!  I thought i was making progress but started to spot bleed today which is a sign of infection still being there.  So I have another month of meds to go.  Im not sure if I will get a repeat hysteroscopy but I will ask.  This is so frustrating...
  • Mr. doctor called yesterday and said we'll treat it with antibiotics but it's not always caused by an infection. He said it's nothing to worry about. :-/ But we are prolonging the cycle. I also asked about a repeat test after antibiotics and he said that it was up to me,so I requested an endometrial scrape after to see if it was all gone.
    Aligirl42 said:
    I was diagnosed with the same.  I have been TTC for months with failed IUIs.  My RE said that endometrits makes it difficult to conceive or may lead to miscarriage. I have been put on Doxy for 6 weeks 2x a day!  I thought i was making progress but started to spot bleed today which is a sign of infection still being there.  So I have another month of meds to go.  Im not sure if I will get a repeat hysteroscopy but I will ask.  This is so frustrating...

Our Novel of TTC:

• Hi ladies, I am new here. I was recently told I had CE. Another hurdle. Hope you don’t mind me joining the thread. There does not seem to be a lot of information on this. I was put on Doxy for 5 weeks twice a day.

Any success or experience anyone would like to share? Goggle can be scary with looking up medical concerns.

• My doctor put me on doxy for 2 weeks, twice a day. I have a repeat biopsy next week to see if it cured it. Heads up-with doxy, do NOT take it late at night before bed/laying down. I made that mistake and got terrible esophagitis and couldn't eat for days!
    Our Novel of TTC:

• Thanks for the reply! They did warn me of the same thing b4 i started! OMG this med has my stomach hurting and so many other side effects. Praying it works! Good luck next week, please keep me posted on your results. Not alot of info out there
  • Hey there, how's it going?
  • Not great. We decided to cancel/postpone our FET for many reasons, so my RE canceled our repeat biopsy. They said it's no longer necessary. I'm so frustrated. Bascially, because I didn't give them money for another cycle, it's not longer important whether antibiotics fixed my endometritis. Way to care about the patient. I hope things are looking better for you. 
    Our Novel of TTC:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"