Adoption

Intro - new(ish) to adoption

Hi everyone. I am new to this board but I have been somewhat active on the infertility boards. My husband and I have been trying to have children for a few years. We did treatments for 2 years and are now pursuing adoption. Homestudy and classes have been completed and now we are in the waiting phase which is great fun! (Oh the sarcasm :)) It has actually been pretty smooth but I tend to get a little impatient which I'm sure most of you can relate! We are with an agency for domestic adoption and we are pursuing open adoption.

We went active at the end of April. I am joining this board because I found it so helpful throughout our infertility treatments to talk to others who are going through it. So many questions were answered through the bump! So here is another one....do you check on the status of your profile with your agency? If so, how often? I think having an update on interest or on if we've even been considered would be so helpful for my sanity, really.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my post and I wish everyone luck, wherever you are in the process!
TTC Since 2008; me: 30, DH: 33
DH: Low count, low motility/morphology Me: Prolactinoma 
IVF w/ ICSI #1 June 2013 ER12, M10, F8 - 4dt of 1 morula and one 8 cell grade 1.5 (1 being best)- BFN
None to freeze
IVF w/ICSI #2 .....November 2013 - Cancelled - Once again, my eggs matured too quickly. Converted to IUI BFN
Added prenatal, metformin, coQ10, DHEA and acupuncture. 
IVF w/ICSI #2 (again) January 2014 ER 11, M9, 4F. Transferred 3 embryos (2.5 grade) - BFN 

Moving on to Adoption!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Intro - new(ish) to adoption

• Hi and welcome. We checked in every 4-6 weeks. We preferred not to know if we were about to be shown, but were ok with knowing after the fact. We were matched un 3.5 months
  • edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say you would need to check in if you want to know, there are so many couples who don't want to know. I always wanted to know, my mind needed to know that our profile wasn't just sitting there not being looked at, and trusted in Gods timing if a birthmother didn't choose us.
  • Thank you all. I never considered that some people may not wish to know. @alishakay I think I feel the same. I may check in over the next week just to get a feel. I go back and forth between feeling positive/negative about it but that seems to be the norm. I'm sending in the paperwork for a second agency who is willing to share our homestudy. Can't hurt!
    TTC Since 2008; me: 30, DH: 33
    DH: Low count, low motility/morphology Me: Prolactinoma 
    IVF w/ ICSI #1 June 2013 ER12, M10, F8 - 4dt of 1 morula and one 8 cell grade 1.5 (1 being best)- BFN
    None to freeze
    IVF w/ICSI #2 .....November 2013 - Cancelled - Once again, my eggs matured too quickly. Converted to IUI BFN
    Added prenatal, metformin, coQ10, DHEA and acupuncture. 
    IVF w/ICSI #2 (again) January 2014 ER 11, M9, 4F. Transferred 3 embryos (2.5 grade) - BFN 

Moving on to Adoption!

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Welcome to the board!

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"