April 2013 Moms

Lo's room

How long do you plan on keeping the "nursery" room ..when do you plan on changing the room to a "toddler room"

I saw someone on jan13 planning to change room..just got me thinking. Why put so much energy into the nursery if it's barely going to stay that way?!

Re: Lo's room

• arschm02arschm02 member
    edited May 2014
    The only thing I plan on changing in Will's room is taking the rocking chair put and putting it in the next baby's room. But first I have to get pregnant. Even then, I won't do that until I am close to pushing out the second baby. 

As far as a crib goes... He sleeps wonderfully in his crib and I refuse to switch it to a toddler bed until he starts climbing out of it on his own :)
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • I agree I will be keeping Ella in crib until she starts climbing out ..rocking chair to baby's room..and I'm not painting and redecorating for a while..I don't see the need for changing "themes " so soon
  • Loading the player...
  • edited June 2014
    This is one reason why our nursery isn't babyish AT all. It's painted grey with orange and aqua accents, and all the art and stuff could definitely fit for an elementary-aged kid. So we'll just have to move the chair and eventually switch to a bed!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DD's room is light green with light pink accents, and then jungle animal border/wall clings. No need to change that for a long while .... and even then, just the border/clings will come down. The colors will stay since we can make a lot of themes match them. Like others said, the only things that will come out are the glider and then changing the crib to a bed (but hopefully not for a long while!).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We are actually changing Brayden's room in October because that's when We plan on moving depending on which job offer my husband takes. I figured that was the easiest time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• This is one reason why our nursery isn't babyish AT all. It's painted grey with orange and aqua accents, and all the art and stuff could definitely fit for an elementary-aged kid. So we'll just have to move the chair and eventually switch to a bed!

This for us too.
  • We moved in late June last year and A slept in our room until she was about 6 months old. At our old house she never even got a room. At the new house we just did a little girl's room- it's bright yellow with dark purple curtains, a tree decal decorated with butterflies, birds and lots of flowers. It's my favorite room in our house.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • arschm02 said:
    The only thing I plan on changing in Will's room is taking the rocking chair put and putting it in the next baby's room. But first I have to get pregnant. Even then, I won't do that until I am close to pushing out the second baby. 

As far as a crib goes... He sleeps wonderfully in his crib and I refuse to switch it to a toddler bed until he starts climbing out of it on his own :)
    This is our plan.  The changing table and glider will move to new baby's room, and J isn't even walking yet and he's ALL OVER that crib so no toddler bed for a while (it just converts to one).  I'll probably get something a little less babyish in terms of decor in a few years, but no rush no that since he doesn't know the difference!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our decor isn't babyish, just light blue paint and few things on the walls, but we never use the rocker anymore and there's no chance of changing him on the changing table so we need to change those out for some extra toy storage pretty soon.  I'd like to get shelves and a toy box/bench built in around the window but we are thinking of moving soon so we will probably wait until the end of the summer to see if we are going to stay in our condo another year or not.  

We already put the crib away for a full size mattress on the floor so once he's better at moving around we'll get a low kid's bed with no box spring and a guardrail.  Hopefully in the fall as well though that may be a little optimistic.  I'll probably add a few wall decals and a new throw rug at that point too.  Something "big boy" themed like airplanes and trains.  

I was just talking about this with dh and he was joking that we should decorate the room with the things Logan loves right now which would be a pigeon, a dog, a mail truck, and a choo choo train.  

• I plan on changing it just because.  Probably by the end of summer Aug/September ish. He already climbs out of his crib so no point in keeping the crib around. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Our nursery was our son's first.  Now it's the girls.  I purposely did it gender neutral, and it's not particularly babyish.  It's a neutral beige under the chair rail, and I painted "bubbles" over the chair rail in yellow, teal, and a light orange against a white backdrop.  My son moved to a toddler bed (convertible crib with the front removed) in December 2012 at 21 months because I was told I couldn't pick him up anymore (totally sucked, but I just had fetal laser surgery to separate the placental vessels that the girls shared).  Then he moved into a real toddler bed when he moved to my DH's old office that we redecorated for him about a month before the girls came.

For the girls, I doubt I'll change the paint until they grow out of the toddler beds.  They will be in toddler beds at 2 yo at the latest likely.  I plan on getting M a twin bed when he turns 4 (2 weeks before the girls turn 2), then one girls will keep her convertible crib with the front removed, and the other will get his old toddler bed frame since her crib doesn't convert.  When the girls turn 4, they will probably get new twin beds then, and a redecoration job in their room.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"