February 2014 Moms
Options

Crib transition anyone?

tenfourtenfour member
edited May 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Hi! We moved my son from his bassinet in our room to his crib in his room last week and it's not going great. He'll sleep in it but wakes up A LOT. We swaddle and have white noise. How did you do it? (Ps he was in his bassinet in his room for the first two nights before the crib.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Crib transition anyone?

• Options
    Wish I had some advice for you that would be helpful; but just be consistent is all I really have to add.  Hope it gets better soon!!! We transitioned awhile back, and it's easy peasy now. 
    Feb 2014
  • Options
    sdlaurasdlaura member
    We did the transition awhile ago and it was rough at first but I'm glad I stuck with it because he does great there now. Good luck!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ReneeBHReneeBH member

Haven't transitioned yet :/ he just started giving me 6 hour stretches! I said this morning that I think I will move him after our week long road trip where he will be in the PnP all week. Maybe I should do it sooner so he comes home and the crib is familiar and doesn't feel like a foreign place?

Just wanted to chime in here if that's okay! When my twins were little I actually transitioned them to their crib after being at the beach for a week and them sleeping in PnP...I figured that they were already "thrown off" from sleeping away from home so it was as good a time as any and it went surprisingly well (probably the exhaustion from traveling didn't hurt lol) they were a little bit older than our LOs now, but I just wanted to say from personal experience this worked for us :)
  • Options
    Our situation was a little different I guess. Our LO was in the bassinet in our room until after he ate his last MOTN meal and then I would put him in the crib - mainly just because the 'big kids' come in the room in the morning and I didn't want them waking him up. He stayed in the bassinet/our room til 6 weeks and has been in the crib - still swaddled - since then. What if you tried doing naps in the crib to get you LO used to the idea? And like PP stated, when my DD was 8 weeks old we went to a wedding where she slept in a PnP and when we came home I just moved her to the crib, no issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    clb2196 said:

I was shocked that unswaddling was what made my LO feel most secure in her crib. We still put her in a sleep sack. Worth a try?

This here too. We moved him to the crib unswaddled, and he now sleeps every night on his side (which he couldn't do in the bassinet), and slept great.

Us too. Lily likes to be on her stomach, though.

• Options
    I just put LO in there one night. That was it. This was after we stopped swaddling. Good luck to all who are transitioning!
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"