Success after IF

Don't know what to do

MoFreeMoFree member
edited May 2014 in Success after IF
First congratulations to those of you who just had babies or are newly pregnant.
I wish I knew where I belonged. I am not really allowed on the IFV board because I already have a child and don't know anyone on the Secondary Infertility Board.
Please don't be upset but every day and every new pregnancy or birth announcement makes me happy for those who have succeeded but reinforces my feeling of not belonging. I hate to leave a wonderful community of caring, compassionate and intelligent women but need to protect myself from the pain of being the last one standing. I wish there was a board for people like me and don't know what to do.
TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Don't know what to do

• Mo I'm soo sorry you're feeling this way! I don't really have a suggestion on where you might feel you belong but no matter each of our individual circumstances i know we are all deeply rooting for each and everyone of us to be able to complete the families we all desire.

I totally understand if you need to step away for now to take time for yourself but I want you to know we are all here for you, always. **hugs**
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • MneraniMnerani member
    I'm sorry you are feeling down and not knowing where you belong. Of course, I'd love to see you stay on this board, but if it makes you feel uncomfortable, you might need a break. Others have done this and everyone understands.

Cwhitaker27- we are all rooting for you and everyone else like crazy. We're here to listen to you vent and to share in your joyful moments over DD and we'll be here to celebrate with you if you're blessed with a second pregnancy. 

I don't know exactly where you belong, but I hope it's here!
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Hugs M. I was just thinking about that when I was reading chi's post. It sucks that you girls have to be in this position, and that you kind of lose your safe home.
    On the other shoe, even though I know you girls are happy for me, I feel guilty posting baby stuff on here when I know that it hurts girls like you, chi, and kaf. So know that we are cognizant of that, and that it breaks our hearts too that we have been so lucky and so many of our IF sisters have not.
    There have been rumblings and requests for a OAD, NBC board for some time. Although I would hate for SAIF to not be your home, I'm happy to keep at the Bump Gods on this, if you girls would like. Y'all would have to promise to check in periodically though, we love you and would miss you.
    Big hugs. I'm sorry.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • ccamccam member
    I'm so sorry that you're going through all of this, Mo.  I hate that you ladies feel like you don't know where you belong.  We are always here and rooting for you though!  Hugs to you!! 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I am so sorry that you are hurting. Some of us have found ourselves on very different paths along the IF road, and it is unfortunate that sometimes we once again find ourselves "divided." I may not be able to walk a mile in your shoes, but I can offer support and encouragement for you when you need it. I understand very well your need to protect yourself, and your heart, and I hope that you find what you need, Mo.

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• I say join Secondary IF, I did a long time ago, there is a weekly check in and lots of people cycling and going through treatments.  The rule is really that you are welcomed as long as you or your DH/SO has an IF diagnosis.  I know the feeling about not belonging, I tried the IF Vets route too and was denied.     
    H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Big hugs Mo. I am so sorry. Others have said it better than me... we do all share the pain of Infertility, so we will be here for you, support and encourage you. I hope you can feel at "home" here, but also understand the need to protect yourself. I am hopeful for you!
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • kaf7kaf7 member
    edited May 2014

I could've written this post myself. I want everyone to be able to post about their happy TTC or PG or new baby celebrations but at the same time I find them hard to read and it hard to feel left behind. I too have considered joining other boards but am not really sure where to go and I still feel like everyone here are my friends since we've been through a lot together. It's tough though to start a thread to complain about pregnancy announcements when the post just below is about a friend who just got a bfp...much as it is in real life. I did start a OAD NBC check in but I haven't been around much to continue it. Maybe we need that back again. I'm not sure if that would be enough for all of us or if pursuing a board for OAD NBC is better. In the meantime you have my sincerest sympathy and I hope you know you're not alone.

Also, I appreciate everyone's support on the board. I know we've all been there at some stage in the IF game.

• Another 2IF grad.  Along with Leah and efhoping, I found it to be a very welcoming and supportive environment, and I didn't know anyone when I got there either.  I ended up with cycle buddies there and it really felt like the right place for me as I geared up and cycled for TTC #2.  You need to do what's best for you, but I highly recommend at least giving 2IF a chance.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Big hugs to you, Mo!
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Hugs Mo. I had also needed to leave the bump for awhile at one point so I hear what you are saying. You need to do what is best for you. You will be missed around here so dont stay away too long. Still rooting for you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • PPs have said so many of the things I want to say (and in such a beautiful way!). I don't have much more to say other than, I SO understand what you are saying. I know it feels as though you are being left behind and it is hard to hear others' success stories right now. But, please know that you aren't alone on SAIF. I haven't cycled since the boys were born, but I do empathize with a lot of your feelings. We are here to listen and support you- no matter what you decide!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Huge ((HUGS)). I am so sorry that you are feeling this way.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• I have been taking a break from the board myself because it is hard for me to see everyone cycling knowing that I won't be doing it again. Which may seem crazy, or insensitive, because I have 3 children already. But I don't feel done, so I've been keeping my distance.

I love the idea of resurrecting a weekly OAD, NBC thread. I also think it would be helpful if we did more weekly posts about our children. If we fill up the board with lots of posts about what our children are doing, perhaps the ttc posts won't be as noticable or dominant. SaIF used to be like that, just general chit chat, but I don't think we have recovered from that mass exodus 3 years ago. I'll try to do my part to participate here more consistently with random, non ttc posts. :)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"