January 2015 Moms

Any other first-timers?

Re: Any other first-timers?

• I'm due January 24th. This is our first time and we are VERY excited!  I'm only 5 weeks at this point and not really feeling too many symptoms other than tender breasts.. Anybody else in this situation?  I was feeling a little sick to my stomach and tired on Monday but nothing since I came back to work yesterday or today.  I realize we are all first timers.. Anybody know if that's normal.  I have my appointment to see the OBGYN on Friday!!! Cant' wait!
  • Loading the player...
  • First timer here. EDD 1/27/15
    We have been trying for over 2 years and I was really thinking it was not going to happen without medical assistance.
    I was 3 days late and decided to pull out an old test and give it a try. POSITIVE!!!
    I immediately went to the local drug store and bought 4 more tests. ALL POSITIVE!!!
    I am so nervous and excited, but really nervous. 
    My husband is in the same boat, nervous and excited.
    The strange thing is I don't feel any different. No sickness, no more fatigue than usual and no frequent urination.
    I want to tell my mom, but he wants to wait until after the first dr. apt.
    I JUST CANT BELIEVE I AM GOING TO BE A MOM!!!!
  • First timer as well.

EDD January 8th. Our anniversary is January 7th! 
  • First timer here too!

EDD is 1/20/15.  My first appointment is 6/6.  We just got married in February, but have been together for a really long time.  We are both 35 and were worried it might take awhile but so far so good :-)  We are very excited but nervous as well.  Finanically we will be okay, but so many unexpected things are ahead of us.... We'll feel better the first trimester is over :-)

Wishing all of you other first timers a healthy and happy 8 more months!

• I'm a first timer! Unofficially due 01/26. Nervous, scared and extremely moody but very excited! I'm 34 and really wasn't expecting this at all. Still can't believe it is actually happening. I found out about two 1/2 weeks ago and immediately started worrying about money, marriage (I'm not yet), living situation, work, when to tell, etc., but I got some good advice to just take it one day at a time, I can't possibly solve all those problems right away.

My first appointment is 06/18.  So glad I've joined the bump, people have been so supportive and helpful!
  • First timer here as well. EDD 1.1.15.  DH and I have been trying since January.  Im turning 35 on my birthday so I wanted to get things going while i still have time!
    Me: 34    DH: 28.  Married Jan 2012.  Started TTC Jan 2014.  Got our first BFP April 28th. Baby Boy Born: December 24 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Grow! photo leela_grow.gif
  • ajmarshaajmarsha member
    edited May 2014
    Love reading about everyone going through similar emotions- should be an exciting journey together!
  • We are due January 23, my birthday! Had my first appt yesterday and did my prenatal blood tests today. I go back in 4 weeks for my OB intake appt and to schedule my 11 week ultrasound.
  • mathgirlashmathgirlash member
    edited May 2014
    Sort of first timer - miscarried once last year. We have to wait until 11 1/2 weeks before first ultrasound where we get to see the baby. Really nervous since last miscarriage was at 9 weeks. I just want to know the little guy is ok. 

We did get an ultrasound at just before 5 weeks. We couldn't see anything yet but the doctor printed out a picture anyway. I don't think I'll be hanging that picture of my uterus on my fridge...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • First time pregnant. EDD is 1/19/15. Very anxious because this is so new, but trying to stay positive and "will" everything to go smoothly.
  • gtchic33 said:

First-timer here!! January 21st is my due date... no doctors appt yet, I just found out this morning that I'm pregnant! My husband and I are thrilled! Anyone else in here from FL?

Hey,
    I'm from FL as well...
    It's my first pregnancy and my due date is Jan 23rd!
    DH and I are very excited

We had an ultrasound on Tuesday because I had started spotting Monday night.....
    We saw the pregnancy and HR of 94 -
    We go back in a week for a recheck.....

Praying nothing goes wrong.....

• cmvana said:

Hi All!!! First time here!! Estimated due date is 1/22/15.. Got married last May and found out a week before our anniversary that we are pregnant! I'm 28, hubs will be 30... First time for both of us. We live in Florida. we aren't telling anyone until at least after our appt which is scheduled for the 5th of June!!!

Our appointment is June 5th also!
    :)
  • First time pregnancy for me as well :D ! Estimated due date January 19...per my phone apps. Hopefully that's confirmed at my 1st appointment next Tuesday!
  • We're first timers too!  Our estimated due date is 1/13/15.  We're so excited but keeping it a secret until we hear a heartbeat.  I've never had a miscarriage before, but I'm just a worrier!
  • Nicoleandell- my one year anniversary was May 18th and that was the day we found out we were expecting! Talk about the best anniversary gift!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WorleyjWorleyj member
    First timer.. Jan 5th. Excited and nervous.
  • Yes. I'm a first-time and our EDD is very clue to yours...January 23rd, here!
  • Our first as well...we were just starting to talk about "trying"...and surprise :) Due Jan 9, by my calculations, doc appt in a few more days. 
  • aremacaremac member
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone!

This is my first time, I'm 31 and I've spent my entire adult life avoiding pregnancy so I'm still adjusting to the idea that this probably going to happen. 
    My husband and I thought we would try/not really try but not actively protect against for three months and then wait for another better time for my work schedule if we were unsuccessful but we managed to get pregnant on the first try. 

So far its like having a hangover, barfing all the barfs, feeling totally exhausted, and not being able to concentrate. My 20s were an excellent training exercise for this bit. 

I've called the local midwifery office, and I'll hear back soon about whether or not they can take me. I feel like I should be doing more, but I also want to be quite cautious in case it doesn't stick.  

Oh, and I'm due Jan 28th (but not officially, as I haven't been to a Dr.)
  • Congratulations, everyone!

First timer here, too! EDD Jan 22; 1st OB appt June 18 - the wait is killing me.

• This is our first.. I'm 28 dh is 29 we've been married 2 years n were going through fertility last year until dh deployed to Afghanistan fir 7 months.. he got home in Jan n we decided to hold of until Sept to start trying n surprise!we're beyond thrilled but a little nervous ofcourse..
  • I'm also a first timer! EDD is 1/19/15. My first appointment is June 10 (I'll be 8 weeks by then). The first appointment at my office is just with a Nurse Practitioner, so I doubt I'll have an ultrasound . . . Still so excited/anxious to get to that date and hear that everything is going smoothly!
  • First timer, due January 17! First doctor's appt. is June 17
  • That's my 1st appt too! Hoping the next 12 days go by quick!
  • First time here too!! Due date is January 16 2015! Very nervous about everything! Had our first appointment on Wednesday and got to see the baby and the heart beat! Made it really real :)
  • 1st timer here :) EDD according to my calculations is 1/29/14 will find out for certain on the 10th. I think we are all worried and I didnt really get worried til I got on the bump and started reading all these stories of losses and it breaks my heart. Praying and keeping the faith my angel as well as all of yours are healthy :)
  • First timer as well. Had a termination November 2012. Was so scared that I ruined my chances, because afterwards had to deal with cervical cancer. But after 3 months of trying we are pregant. My fiancé and I are so thrilled. Due date Jan 23, heard the heartbeat on yesterday 118 bpm. Super excited. \:D/
  • Gab28Gab28 member
    I'm a first timer. My due date is 1/24/15, but I haven't seen the dr yet. I got appt first week of June.
  • First timer here too. EDD is jan 30. Going to doc tomorrow since I've been bleeding but really don't want bad news. Really nervous.
  • My first time here too!  I'm due January 30th.  I got pregnant my very first month trying.  Right now I'm just trying to think lots of positive thoughts!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Where in FL??? Me and DH live in Titusville!
  • Jessy, how is everything going??
  • I'm due on the 20th and I am also a FTM!
  • 1st timer EDD 1/30/15
  • First timers here too!! We were pretty shocked after getting pregnant the first time trying! We figured it would take a few months!! But we are super excited!! EDD 1/24/15! We get to hear the heartbeat Saturday!!! Cannot wait!!!
  • I'm a first timer, due 1/15/15 So excited! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a first timer as well :) due 1/12/15! Hubs and I were surprised but are so happy
  • First timer! Due jan 23!!
  • Ds1190Ds1190 member
    Me too! Due January 19th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"