1st Trimester
Options

Any HR professionals on this board?

I was wondering if any of you could help or at least point me in the right direction.

I work in the entertainment (TV & Film) industry which can have somewhat confusing employment practices.  So I have been with my current company for 2 years this fall.  There is no HR person at my company.  I am on a contract basis, my first year was a full year contract, I was renewed for another 9 months.  Basically if my company knows they are getting more work they renew my contract.  My contract is going to end when I'm about 5 months pregnant. 

I guess since there is no HR here, I'm confused as to what if any legal rights I have.  Because I'm contract based can they just decide not to renew me because I'm pregnant but say its for other reasons?  Does FMLA still cover me? (there are more than 50 employees here but I believe everyone except maybe the very top is on a contract basis) Last time around I had an HR rep who went through the companies policies here, at my current position I doubt anyone in the company even knows what they can or cannot do.

Any help would be totally appreciated, thanks!

Re: Any HR professionals on this board?

• Options
    All I know is 12 months of work averaging at least 1250 hours over that period. I'm not sure if you're a 1099 employee or if that even matters.

@WhoCanItBeNow‌ usually knows a lot about this.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm W-2.  I get paid days off and I believe they offer health benefits that are very expensive (possibly through a 3rd party for that)  I've been going into this thinking I'm going to be out of a job after my contract ends, but thought I'd see if anyone here has any insight.
    Thanks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Thanks so much taking the time to give feedback.  Its what I figured, but was hoping maybe there was something I didn't know about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"