February 2013 Moms
Options

Need recipe ideas for green stuff

It is that time of year, and our garden overfloweth...I need some ideas for what to do with lettuce, spinach, chard, and kale.  I know I can always freeze the spinach and kale for later use, so I especially need ideas for lettuce and chard.  I've tried every variety of green salad I can think of and various stir fries with the chard.  Also roasted kale, etc.

So...any great salad recipes or other ideas for how to use this stuff up?  We are going to have to pick the rest soon because it is getting pretty hot here...

Thanks!
Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy

Re: Need recipe ideas for green stuff

• Options
    https://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/51156/spinach-enchiladas-verde

Spinach enchiladas verde is a favorite in my house. I use pepper jack to make it spicier, but DD gets a version with a milder cheese. So yummy!

• Options
    Spinach quesodillas make an easy, quick snack! Just cheese, tortillas and spinach - or you can add other things like refried beans if you're feelin fancy. Serve with fresh guac or sour cream.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    lbonga1lbonga1 member
    Once I made a really good copycat version of Olive Garden's zuppa toscana. I made it with chicken sausage from Trader Joes and kale. Maybe you could make it with chard too? I'm not sure I've never cooked with chard. I don't have the recipe anymore, but there's plenty of variations if you Google it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Chicken salad! We always do fried chicken chopped on top of green salads with extra crunchy stuff — croutons, sesame seeds, cashews, whatever you like.

Or you could do like an orange Asian sauce on your salad for different flavors.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Thanks ladies!  Sauteed some swiss chard tonight and put it on our pizzas, and DS actually at some roasted kale which is a win, considering for the past month or so he hasn't been touching veggies at all!
    Mom to 3 year-old girl and 1 year-old boy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"