Indiana Babies
Options

Baby photographer-Northside of Indy

Hello!

We recently had a bad experience with a baby photographer (who's was not willing to share all the photos she took of my son & family-she took probably 500 and shared 70) and are now looking for a new photographer. Any recommendations for the northside of Indy?
Also, am I wrong for being upset that the  with the photographer for not sharing the unedited pics? IS this a standard procedure with photographers?

Thank you!

Re: Baby photographer-Northside of Indy

• Options
    Wow, I'm amazed that you got 70!  I take pictures on the side and I easily take 500 at a shoot and people usually get 20-30.  A lot of them are blurry/repeats/closed eyes... any number of things.  I would never give them out as it would reflect badly on my abilities.  Most professional photographers (which I am not) take several hundred, let you see 15 or less and make you buy through them, so you wouldn't even have the digital copies.  I don't live near Indy so I have no suggestions, but I will say that you will probably have trouble finding a true photographer who would be willing to give you all of their pictures.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This is very standard for photographers.
    Check out Holly from
    "Blue Balloon Photography" (she's on Facebook as well as you can just google her). She's awesome and my best friend since we were 5 (both turning 29 this year)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a photographer and generally take 500-600 photos during an hour session...I will pick the best 35-40 pics, edit them and include them on a disc for my client to have...I don't do baby photos but I think u were definitely lucky to get 70!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    No baby pics, but I did a photo session where I was only allowed to look at the (relatively) few edited/ photoshopped versions. I wasnt happy either.... but it was definitely standard practice for them. I was not allowed to even view the rest.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jhonigfordjhonigford member
    edited June 2014
    Edited for spam.
  • Options
    When DD was born, we used Alicia Monohan, from Kevin Monohan photography. We live on the south side of Indy, but she came to our house which was wonderful and we were very happy with the pics!
  • Options
    Raw Sugar Photograhy is amazing!!!  Seriously.  She has a few pictures up in the eating area in the  EarthFare in Noblesville and has lots of pics to browse through on her Facebook page as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"