Stay at Home Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    Chuck e cheese isn't too shabby. My UO is that I think it's a giant waste of money to own a boat.
    Most boat owners I know agree with this.

Really? Because I know a ton of boat owners including my parents and close friends and none of them consider it a waste of money. In fact we plan on saving for a boat after a pool. Why are hey a waste?
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    Chuck e cheese isn't too shabby. My UO is that I think it's a giant waste of money to own a boat.

Really? Because I know a ton of boat owners including my parents and close friends and none of them consider it a waste of money. In fact we plan on saving for a boat after a pool. Why are hey a waste?
    Yeah, my H and I really want a sailboat. It's definitely something we'll have to save for but we live ten minutes from the waterfront and we'd love to sail all summer. There are a ton of little islands around us we could day trip out to. We could even take long trips if we wanted. Not a waste of money in our book, even though we aren't technically boat owners yet.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    feffy11 said:
    I say the same thing about owning horses!
    I would love to live in a place where I could own my own horse :(
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    I should backpedal a bit...my boat owning friends will fully admit that owning a boat is a money sink, rather than a waste of money. If you go boating every weekend, the money sink may be worth it to you, but a lot of people just can't get out often enough to really justify the costs.
  • Options
    superTootssuperToots member
    edited May 2014
    It just seems like most boat owners barely use them. And when I think of upkeep, insurance, possible storage cost, it just sounds like a bad idea. But if you live by the water and boat most weekends then I'm not judging. People are allowed to park them on the street outside their house here. They are such eyesores and I'm sick of seeing them.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • Options
    gwapes said:
    feffy11 said:
    A boat can definitely seem like a picket hole... It isn't always waste, but for the amount of maintenance and money it costs to keep one, a person should be the type to be on that boat at every chance. Most people are just not into boating every other day. I say the same thing about owning horses!
    What? A person has to be on that horse "at every chance" to own it? 
    I feel this way more so for a horse than a boat. A horse is an animal that you're supposed to bond with. If you're not giving it the attention it deserves, they get lonely. A boat doesn't give two shits if you drive it or not.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    feffy11 said:

So it's not worth it because it costs money and you don't do it everyday? You mean like every hobby in the history of ever?

LOL but some cost more than others and most people can't justify a huge expense if they're not actually making the most of it.
    Eh who says what making the most of it means? It's different to everyone. To say a certain hobby is a waste of money is silly. It all depends on personal preference

• Options
    So it's not worth it because it costs money and you don't do it everyday? You mean like every hobby in the history of ever?
    LOL but some cost more than others and most people can't justify a huge expense if they're not actually making the most of it.
    Eh who says what making the most of it means? It's different to everyone. To say a certain hobby is a waste of money is silly. It all depends on personal preference
    As long as it doesn't invovle animals, I don't care how much people are wasting on their hobby or utilizing it.
  • Options
    CnAmom said:
    I want a horse. With a horn. And glittery rainbow wings. Sadly, those do not exist.
    My dream=crushed. Thanks a lot @CnAmom ;)
  • Options
    I hate animals.
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:

Chuck e cheese isn't too shabby.

My UO is that I think it's a giant waste of money to own a boat.

But if it's my money to waste, who cares?

I know people who spend money on things I would consider a waste - like eating out multiple times a week, or regularly buying new clothes. ::shrugs::

Just because I think it's a waste of money doesn't mean I don't think others should do it and have fun. Your funds aren't my business, unless you owe me money or are neglecting your kids.
  • Options
    KateMW said:
    I hate animals.
    I can't fathom this. All animals? Certain kinds? Just as pets? Tell me more.
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    I think it's weird when adults where rompers. It's just a baby/kid clothing item to me.
  • Options
    CnAmom said:
    CnAmom said:
    I want a horse. With a horn. And glittery rainbow wings. Sadly, those do not exist.
    My dream=crushed. Thanks a lot @CnAmom ;)
    My bad. I'm sure you could find a toy pegacornisus somewhere.
    I can't ride it though. Well I could, but I'd just end up squishing it.
  • Options
    HBirdie said:
    I think it's weird when adults where rompers. It's just a baby/kid clothing item to me.
    I have a couple cute ones that I wear to the beach or to sleep in.

They are a PITA to pee in.
  • Options
    Aussie45 said:
    KateMW said:
    I hate animals.
    I can't fathom this. All animals? Certain kinds? Just as pets? Tell me more.
    Most animals. I like cats. Dogs are OK, not all dogs, very few breeds. Birds should all fly away. Horses are OK in pictures and on the Olympics with people on top of them. Reptiles and rodents are fucking horrible. Birds again can all fly away.
  • Options
    HBirdieHBirdie member
    hls19 said:
    HBirdie said:
    I have a couple cute ones that I wear to the beach or to sleep in.

They are a PITA to pee in.
    Haha, I bet! I'm not judging, or anything. If it's comfy and you feel good in it, go for it. To me it just seems like something only kids wear so it seems strange. Like an adult wearing a onesie or footy PJs. Which happens, I know...

• Options
    HBirdie said:
    Haha, I bet! I'm not judging, or anything. If it's comfy and you feel good in it, go for it. To me it just seems like something only kids wear so it seems strange. Like an adult wearing a onesie or footy PJs. Which happens, I know...

Why oh why...
  • Options

Kate, how did you feel about butterflies? I can't stand them and I feel so alone in my hatred.

Ds2 is terrified of butterflies. My mom suggested that he go into our zoo's butterfly garden and he looked at her like she was nuts!
  • Options

Kate, how did you feel about butterflies? I can't stand them and I feel so alone in my hatred.

Oh no! I love Butterflies! They are so beautiful and bring such a peaceful feeling.
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You're still alone. They remind me of my grandmother so they get a pass. ;)
  • Options
    Moths are creepy!

I love butterflies!
  • Options
    hls19 said:
    Moths are creepy!
    I used to live in GA when I was little. My grandparents had a huge bigger than a baseball sized moth in their house one day. Just picture the lunesta moth, but in real life. It was so creepy.
  • Options
    Aussie45 said:
    hls19 said:
    Moths are creepy!
    I used to live in GA when I was little. My grandparents had a huge bigger than a baseball sized moth in their house one day. Just picture the lunesta moth, but in real life. It was so creepy.
    sick nasty!

When I was little I went went on a family camping trip with neighbor friends. A moth got into our tent-- it was HUGE! I started to freak out and ran out of the tent to find my parents. They were down the hill a ways with other people, sitting around a campfire. I ran the opposite way and another family heard me outside their tent and came out and helped me find my parents. I was terrified!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    superToots said: Chuck e cheese isn't too shabby. My UO is that I think it's a giant waste of money to own a boat.

BOAT=
    Break Out Another Thousand

Edited...quote box fail.
  • Options
    CnAmom said:
    Didn't CeC have like mechanical animals that played music on a stage? Or did I just make that up?

Party On Pizza!  We had birthday's there when we were younger.  We didn't have a CeC around.
  • Options
    gwapes said:

auroraloo said:

I think butterflies are creepy.

DH hates butterflies like hates them more than anything in the entire world. For Father's Day I got him and the kids passes to the butterfly museum. Because that's how I roll. For those thinking what a bitch I will use them with the kids it's just a joke.

Just a joke and you didn't do it, or you did it as a joke? Please tell me you did it.

Oh I bought the passes and will give him them for Father's Day this year;). The joke part is I won't make him go but I will probably play it up until we get there and he is too nice to tell me to fuck off.
  • Options

I hate butterflies too! I admit, I have ran away from them before if I see them coming near me. X_X
  • Options
    I need more friends who "waste" their money on boats :-) There is nothing more enjoyable than hanging out on a boat with friends on a beautiful summer day. Although it has to be something with some speed.  Sailboats make me seasick, and pontoon boats are just boring (IMO).

DS is petrified of ladybugs.  He is fine with every other animal/insect, but the damn ladybug will make him lose his shit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ew I hate moths! Gross! When DH and I were on our honeymoon in Hawaii a huge "bird" flew AT my face. Nope, just an amazon-size mutant moth. Barf
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"