Parenting

Actual Parenting question: We are way late on this.

The girls are 3.5 and will be 4 in the fall. 

After N's "diagnosis" by the DCP, I started thinking that we should probably put them in preschool or something but I have no idea how to go about doing that.  They didn't go last year because they missed the cutoff for preschool by 6 weeks.  

I googled preschools in Seattle and Google was no fucking help at all.   THANKS OBAMA. 

Please tell me what to do, Parenting.  Or at least point me in the direction of what to do. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

Re: Actual Parenting question: We are way late on this.

• does the public school system offer a prekindergarten program?

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Do you have a park district? Also our grade schools have preschool so maybe call your schools.
  • Loading the player...
  • No, they don't.  They have one program and it's on the opposite side of the city as we are.  They're just testing it out right now in that one school.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• LauraT25 said:
    Possibly stupid question, but do you know anyone with young children who can give you recommendations? I have been looking into a few co-ops lately (really part time, like one day a week for K's age) based on some recs from people I know, and there are several with programs for kids their age if that is something you would be interested in.
    We do know people, but they're either north or south of us and wouldn't be in the Seattle school district.  Everyone else we know has kids 6mos-1 year younger, so they're not in preschool yet. 

I could ask my FB feed, but I figured I'd ask you guys first.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I just asked my FB feed so I will let you know if I hear anything @laurat25.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Our pedi is 20 miles north of where we live now and so I'm not sure she would be a resource. 

The city's website only has information on the low-income preschool program, which we don't qualify for.  

For being progressive and shit, Seattle doesn't have great options for preschool unless you want your kid to be in Montessori.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Check into private elementary schools, they normally have preschool programs.   I'd also try calling the public school district in your area and ask them what options they have.  

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • We were in a time and money crunch when we chose our DCP, so it was either the one we chose or one with a Reggio Emilia approach that was almost $1500/month more expensive. We went with the cheaper option.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• I know they have a preschool curriculum, but not in the classes the girls are in.  They do activities and stuff, but nothing structured.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• mbenit4 said:
    I would need to know a more specific area and I can send you a comprehensive list.
    I will PM you.  I'll also include @laurat25 on the PM so she can take a look at it.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• Im not sure if someone mentioned it already, but do you have Head Start in your state?
  • Im not sure if someone mentioned it already, but do you have Head Start in your state?
    We do have head start, but it's for low-income families only.  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

• That's pretty awesome you two.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • outnumberedoutnumbered member
    edited May 2014
    A good resource might be your local library.  Our children's rooms have fliers for all the local preschools.  I had a hard time finding preschools even though there are 6 in my area.  They do not have much of a profit so advertising is low on their budget list
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"