Attachment Parenting

Need a carrier ... so Confused!

Ok, so long story short I have a 2 1/2 yr old DS and a 19 mo old DD. The 19 mo old HATED the carrier I had for DS so I sold it and got her a stroller. Fast-forward to now, she HATES the stroller and wants to be carried everywhere ... and preferable on our backs or shoulders.

So I was looking at the Ergo 360, Original, or Performance ... or the Boba 4G or Air. I can't decide which would be best. Any opinions or thoughts? I have nowhere around me to go try these items.

Not sure if it really matters but we live in a warmer climate, travel, I'm 5'2", DD is 20lbs and 29", DS is 28lbs & 3'.

I'd prefer something really comfortable as I tend to get a sore back, and nothing too hot.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+

Re: Need a carrier ... so Confused!

• You'll get a lot of recommendations for getting a toddler carrier - and it's definitely something you should consider.  If I were at zero and first buying a carrier for a 19 month old, that's probably what I would do.

That being said, we still use our Ergo Performance and Babyhawk with my 2.5 year old son who is 30lbs.  I'm 5'3", DH is 6"2. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was looking at the Tula Toddler but it says starting at around 25 lbs. I should have also mentioned I want something that is easy to pack so no metal frames, etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Loading the player...
  • ncbellencbelle member
    I agree that while any of those would work, you'll likely be happier with something larger bodied if you are buying for a toddler.  I would skip the Boba Air for sure - it's super lightweight and has basically no support - not very good for long term wearing IMO.

The toddler Action Baby Carrier is a lighter weight option that's less expensive.  The standard size Kinderpack would be bigger than either the ergo or boba and is available with a mesh panel if you are worried about the heat.
  • I have a Beco Soleil, and I use it with my 20lb 1-year old. Obviously haven't tried with an older kiddo yet, but I find it easy to put on front and back, and it's the only thing I can front-carry her in these days without back pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"