Parenting
Options

Would it be weird?

Our offices have been very hot and humid lately. Today I said eff it and made my hair curly, not something I would normally ever do at work. I also pinned back my bangs. I do this all the time on the weekends. I am feeling so self conscious about that I want to go home at lunch and wash and blow dry my hair. Would that be weirder than just sticking out the day being self conscious?

Re: Would it be weird?

• Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    No, I just personally feel weird having so much face showing. I normally wear it straight and down everyday to work.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure you look fine.  Are you a CSR or something?  

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    No, I could make it so that I only see my dept all day. I've always been very self conscious about my appearance.

A couple of people actually said it was cute, but my inner weirdo tells me that they were just being polite.

• Options
    yes it would be weird. 
    I'm sorta jealous that you live that close to work to be able to do that. 

Also, don't be so self conscious about your hair. I have curly hair and normally straighten it. I also use to wear glasses often until I got LASIK. I felt self conscious often and didn't like my look. When I voiced my dislike of my looks, I get an overwhelming "YOU'RE CRAZY!!!" People use to love my crazy curls, especially paired with my glasses. 

So you're probably a bit crazy too. Believe me, takes one to know one. 
  • Options
    This is totally something I would do if I lived closer to work.  I would have done it yesterday because I put too much volumizer in one place so my hair felt greasy and I wanted to wash it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    @chapski‌ what sort of products do you use that let you go from straight to curly. I feel like all of the good curly stuff is a whole system, but I don't want it curly all of the time.

• Options
    I understand being self conscious but I think changing your hair at lunch will just draw more attention. it is okay to change up your look...nobody thinks it is weird!

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    Update...I did not go home. I went to and spent a bunch of money.

• Options
    TheBub said:
    @chapski‌ what sort of products do you use that let you go from straight to curly. I feel like all of the good curly stuff is a whole system, but I don't want it curly all of the time.
    I use tousle me softly stuff and really like it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"