January 2014 Moms
Options

Poll: How was LO after 4 month shots?

Cara1024Cara1024 member
edited May 2014 in January 2014 Moms
After the initial crying from the shots, how did your LO do afterwards?
         *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Poll: How was LO after 4 month shots? 173 votes

LO did not really seem to be affected
24% 42 votes
LO was more sleepy than usual
10% 19 votes
LO was more fussy than usual
9% 16 votes
LO ran a fever and/or seemed to feel bad
13% 24 votes
LO slept terribly (or barely slept at all)
0% 1 vote
We haven't had 4 month shots yet
21% 37 votes
I'm anti-vax
0% 1 vote
SS
2% 4 votes
just want to see answers
16% 29 votes

Re: Poll: How was LO after 4 month shots?

• Options
    amt0312amt0312 member
    Completely unaffected, which was completely different from her 2 mo shots. 
  • Options
    vterpvterp member
    PHXmom2be said:
    DD slept a lot and had diarrhea from the rotavirus oral vaccine (just like the 2 month vaccines). I really hate that rotavirus one, and I'm thrilled she only has to get it once more.
    DD spit out most of the rotavirus vaccine at her 2 month appointment but got nearly every drop at her 4 month.  Her tummy was upset for a couple days after, so she was much more fussy than she was after the 2 month shots.  I'm glad she only gets it one more time too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker'>v

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS was totally fine.  I took the day off of work thinking he would be sleepy and wanting to nurse all day like after the 2 month shots, but he seemed completely unaffected. He also only cried for maybe a minute and then was all smiles afterwards.
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Options
    We go for ours next week. J got a fever after her 2 month shots, so I am expecting the same with her 4 month shot

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I was surprised that LO responded about 24 hours AFTER the vac and reacted for about 48 hours. He slept and fussed like it was his job.

• Options
    I'm on an alternate schedule, so 1/2 one day and 1/2 two weeks later. She was fine each time, knock on wood...DS was the same...never an issue

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    DD had a fever after her 2 month shots, and was a bit fussy and sleepy, so that's what I was preparing for. She had her 4 month shots yesterday and slept for most of the day, and no fever this time thankfully. 

• Options
    I would have selected two options if possible. She was very fussy ave had a slight fever and didn't feel well. We had to hold her through her naps and she fussed in her sleep as well.
  • Options
    Totally unaffected from them - thankfully. She has fever now (6 days after the shots) but I think it's too far removed to be related to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    DS was extremely sleepy and not as hungry as usual. I honestly really had to think about which shots those were because he's 7 months old now
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • Options
    Not affected at all with 2 mo and 4 mo shots. Not sleepier or more cranky or fever. :)
  • Options
    DS was still in the NICU so they did one shot a day for four days. He was basically miserable and caught a stomach bug at the same time. He had his six months shot a few weeks ago all in one day and he was a little cranky but slept a lot.
  • Options
    She ran a slight fever but other then that she seemed just fine.

our little flower born 01.13.14
  • Options
    DS2 came down with a cold the second day after his vax, and it went around our family.  Not sure if it was from the vaccines or from the pedi's office.  When the cold came to me it hit me hard in the stomach, which made me worry it was the rotovirus that was going around.  We all took about a week to recover.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Roses87Roses87 member
    My DR ended up holding her vaccines at her four month appt. DD was exposed to hand foot and mouth DZ. And we didn't want to not know if she got a fever if it was from HFM or the vaccines. I also didn't want her feeling yucky and on top of that get HFM. Luckily she appears not to have gotten it. YAY!
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    bnikbnik member
    we are going next week. 2 months were awful, so im making my husband go with.
  • Options
    ArrgcrArrgcr member
    WHO CHOSE ANTI-VAX? Better have been an accident...
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    DD had a slight fever after her 2 month shots. Other then that, she was ok. Today is her 4 month shots, and I hope shes gonna feel ok. 
    image=
  • Options
    Arrgcr said:

WHO CHOSE ANTI-VAX? Better have been an accident...

Was wondering the same thing.

Just got DS's shots done this morning and he was terribly fussy all day. He has a fever and his legs are red. I finally got him to fall asleep, but he keeps crying out like he's in pain. I've given him Tylenol and put warm washcloth's on his legs like the handout said. He's miserable. I hope he's better tomorrow. Poor DD wants to play, but DS just wants to be held. I hope everybody's LO's are feeling better.
  • Options
    For the person who chose anti-vax, I hope it was an accidental glitch. If not, I have some choice words, especially with this measles and polio outbreak going on.
  • Options
    cnctfcnctf member
    DD didnt have a fever last night or this morning, but was fussy and cried a bit like she was in pain. Hoping she feels better today. 
    image=
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    DS seemed unaffected by the shots. He had them Yesterday and I have yet to notice anything different.

To the person who is choosing to not vaccinate their child.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    She. Is. Miserable.   We had shots on Tuesday afternoon and she is STILL fussier than normal- but her fever finally came completely down last night. We woke up with 101F on Wednesday morning, and yesterday she finally came down under 99F after dinner.  She is so conflicted on what she wants-- one minute she will want all the cuddles, and the next she's like, get the fluck away from me, yo. SOO, I'm praying it's a combo of wonder week and the shots, and not just the shots. 
    CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    OH- and Tuesday night she had a poop that practically went up to her ears in explosiveness...thank you rotovirus oral vax.  
    CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"