May 2013 Moms
Options

do you STTN when your LO does?

For the first time ever, S slept through the night last night! We got her ready for bed around 8, she was fast asleep by 9 and didn't get up until 5:30. I, of course, did not sleep nearly as well as she did. I was up at 1, then again at 2, then got up at 4 and wasn't able to fall back asleep. I have no idea if this STTN will last, but I'm hoping I'll start sleeping better if she is. For those of you with babies that sleep through the night, how long did it take you to start doing the same (assuming you do)?

Re: do you STTN when your LO does?

• Options
    The few times LO has slept till 4 am, I've gotten up at 1 to pump.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    Yes. I am 'aware' but dont wake up.
    photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    For the most part yes, but I naturally wake up a couple times a night, so I'll check on him just to make sure he's still breathing!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    I think I would, but V and E are 3 months old and I don't obsess over every sniffle and snort like I did in the earlier weeks.

E has actually STTN the past two nights running. V, unfortunately doesn't like to skip meals. Actually, we've been bedsharing a lot with her because she won't resettle in her RnP after her MoTN feeding. So she will snack at her convenience while I'm still mostly asleep. This morning I woke to find my left boob (E's) as hard as a boulder while my right boob (V's) was nearly empty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    HZ2012HZ2012 member
    The first time I woke up a few times, by the 2nd night, I woke up, but less often, by the 3rd night, I slept right on through with him. Enjoy!
  • Options
    I was only able to STTN once. In the back of my mind, I know I want to pump in the MOTN so I wind up waking up between 2 and 3am every night.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
  • Options
    Last weekend I decided to skip my MOTN pumping session just to see how long LO would sleep (I would usually get up at 4:00 and pump then feed her at 5:00 when she would start to wake up). Turns out the kid sleeps until 7:00! She will still stir between 5:00 and 6:00, but as long as no one goes in her room, she just falls back asleep. 

Now we all sleep from at least midnight (we put LO down around 11:00 after a sleep-feed- she's usually pretty sleepy by 9:00) until 7:00 when H feeds LO while I pump my rock hard boobs. 
    She is here! 5-29-13

• Options
    KashyKashy member
    The first few nights I still woke up at about 3ish thinking that I heard him and then went to check on him and he was fast asleep. That is when he used to get up at night.  But now I just sleep right through. 
    Augustus David - Born 5/08/13

my read shelf:
    April's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    be888be888 member
    I STTN most nights except when LO starts fighting the swaddle to fart or poop, and is really loud. The other night my dh, baby, and dog were all snoring, and I couldn't fall back asleep.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    As much as I ever did.  I usually wake up once a night to pee.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• Options
    Now I do. The first couple of times he STTN before he was consistent I woke up and looked at the time and was shocked he had a stretch of more than 5 hrs. My milk supply has also adjusted for his lack of MOTN feedings.

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options

I think I would, but V and E are 3 months old and I don't obsess over every sniffle and snort like I did in the earlier weeks.

E has actually STTN the past two nights running. V, unfortunately doesn't like to skip meals. Actually, we've been bedsharing a lot with her because she won't resettle in her RnP after her MoTN feeding. So she will snack at her convenience while I'm still mostly asleep. This morning I woke to find my left boob (E's) as hard as a boulder while my right boob (V's) was nearly empty.

My son won't go back in his rnp after his motn feeding either! And I don't sleep well when he's next to me. I'm going to try putting him in his crib for the first time tonight. The one time he slept 7 hours straight I did too. Would love that to become the norm.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The first time LO slept through the night we were on vacation at my Mom's house and I panicked when she didn't wake me up.  She slept through the night a couple of nights we were there, then went back to one MOTN feeding.

The past two nights she's been sleeping through the night, going down between 11 and midnight, and sleeping until 7am.  She sleeps in the cosleeper next to my side of the bed, so if I get worried, I can just roll over and check on her with the light of my cell phone.

Since she's been sleeping through the night, the only time I wake up is when my breasts are becoming engorged from her missing her feeding.  I just get to a more comfortable position and fall back asleep.

• Options
    pnutg said:

My son won't go back in his rnp after his motn feeding either! And I don't sleep well when he's next to me. I'm going to try putting him in his crib for the first time tonight. The one time he slept 7 hours straight I did too. Would love that to become the norm.

Good luck!

• Options
    It took almost a week for me to sleep peacefully the whole night after LJ began STTN. We had to move the monitor to my husband's side of the bed because I kept waking up to look at it. Once we did that, it was much easier for me to fall asleep and stay asleep.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    On the rare occasion my LO has slept through the night I got up to pump.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The first few time DS STTN, I did not. I was up checking on him and contemplating waking him up [-X After the first few times, I learned to sleep until he starts making noise.

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary
  • Options
    I mentioned yesterday how well Y is sleeping through the night...well she's still asleep and it's after 9am!  She's been sleeping for 9 1/2 hours.  I woke at 7 like usual with her stirring, but she went back to sleep.

I am really thinking about waking her up.  I had to pump to relieve pressure but wanted to make sure there was enough left from my first letdown.  

• Options
    I never STTN before I got pregnant!  lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"