Parenting

iPad v. Mini

Time to finally make the leap before our upcoming 16 hour drive with the kids....I have an iphone (which I also need to upgrade) but know very little about the ipad.  Debating whether to get the full-size or mini...and where is best to purchase?

Thoughts?

Re: iPad v. Mini

• I have the mini and I love the size of it.  I had no desire to get the regular sized iPad because I really think it's too big.

I bought mine through Apple and it's refurbished.  Saved me around $150 and I still have the same warranty as a brand new one.
  • I don't have the mini, but have a regular iPad.  I love it!  Works exactly like your phone does.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Loading the player...
  • I have both. For the kiddie, I prefer the mini. It's a better size and it's more durable. As an adult, I prefer my full size.

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Rxmom04Rxmom04 member
    DH and I have full size but got a mini for DS, perfect sizes for all of us. I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I like the full size because I can sit it up and put on Netflix while I'm doing other things but it's nice to have a smaller one for DS to play with. The PBS app is one of DS's favorites too.
  • MeesheMeeshe member
    Does the ipad have all the same apps as your iphone? Or do you have to load them separately?

Thanks!
  • Meeshe said:
    Does the ipad have all the same apps as your iphone? Or do you have to load them separately?

Thanks!
    You can use the same apple ID and it will upload the apps that you already have on your phone to the ipad.
  • MeesheMeeshe member
    edited May 2014
    Ok I'm sold on the mini.  Two other questions, do you just use wifi or do you have cellular capability and why?

Is the 16G good enough for everyday/kid use/etc.?
  • I have the mini and I love the size of it.  I had no desire to get the regular sized iPad because I really think it's too big.

I bought mine through Apple and it's refurbished.  Saved me around $150 and I still have the same warranty as a brand new one.
    Ditto the bolded.
  • I have the 16gb and just use wifi.  

I think it's enough space.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"