January 2014 Moms
Options

UO

ccip82ccip82 member
edited May 2014 in January 2014 Moms
My OU is very cut and dry today.

Two year old children suck. 

Edited for clarity.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Re: UO

• Options
    @ccip82 I concur and my child isn't even two yet...we still have 3 months to go and he is already really starting to try my patience. 

Not sure of my own yet, I will think on it and come back later.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    @ccip82‌ two year olds do some really cute stuff but they can really wear you down. I hope it gets better for you soon!

@MarBee1214‌ I hope that she starts sleeping for you soon. That has to be exhausting. How long have you been at it now?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Tagging people requires too much effort. I hate tagging people.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Drinking a bottle of wine the night before 4 month vaccinations was pure stupidity on my part, 

I think this may be a FFFC.

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    All the hugs @Marbee1214

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @Marbee1214

Yes, it is one of those days.

1 cranky, whiny, clingy 2 1/2 year old + 4 month vaccinations + 1 bottle of wine consumed last night = fucking hell

sibling love  

• Options
    I think pics of babies eating solids are disgusting.

I guess this is my part two of "I hate pics of naked newborns."
  • Options
    It's hard to think of something that is both unpopular but not totally flame-worthy. And that hasn't been done.

I think cosplay is pretty cool. I've never done it myself, but a lot of my friends from high school are really into it. I see their progress on FB, and how much work/ and effort they put into it to make everything accurate and realistic. I think anyone who can make foam look like REAL medieval armor is awesome.

imageimageimage
    Tino--Already 4 months old!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I gave DD the spoon yesterday while eating peaches because she insisted on holding it herself.  She was covered in peaches by the time we were done and for a split second I was like "oh I should get my camera".... then I was like, nope, this is so not cute.  I picked her up with a receiving blanket and swaddled her until I could fill the bathtub to clean her up.  Lesson learned.
    I only have a few pictures of my son with food all over his face because my husband took the pictures.  I don't really like it either.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member

I don't find then particarly cute but I know I'll take a picture at least the first time for her scrapbook because I take pictures of everything lol

• Options
    See now I love the messy food pictures of DS we have.  Maybe becasue he gets such a proud look on his face - like the bigger the mess the prouder he is of his accomplishment.  Its adorable to me. 

• Options
    FSUNole31FSUNole31 member
    edited May 2014
    I am not sure if this is unpopular here, but in my opinion it will be in my sons best interest to hold him back for kindergarten.  His birthday is August 31st so he will be turning 6 at the beginning of the school year.  As a teacher, I have seen that sometimes (not all the time) boys take a little longer to mature and I want to give him the most advantages I can. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14

• Options
    Bahahaha, @ccip82. It looks like that baby is literally covered in shit. It's making me gag.

I think I will likely take pics of the first time he makes a mess, but I won't post it on FB or display it in a frame. It's NMS.
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    @peanutmuse

I want to do a photo shoot similar to this with DS this summer

sibling love  

• Options
    jwp325jwp325 member
    @Gilmore09‌ totally agree! My brother and SIL asked their doc about the likelihood of my niece being born on her due date. EDD was 4/4 and they wanted her to come on the actual due date because SIL is 6/6 and she has a niece and nephew who are 9/9 and 8/8. Doc told them that only 5% of babies are born on their EDD. Not an exact science obviously.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Teething jewelry being the next big thing grosses me out. DS chews and drools on everything and his drool does not bother me at all. But thinking about him chewing on a necklace and then it slapping drool all over my chest grosses me the F out! Ew. There are toys for that.

• Options
    ArrgcrArrgcr member
    I actually think the taste of mother's milk tea is good. I'm over my under supply and limit myself to only one a day because I like it so much. Yeah I put like a tsp of honey in it but it's almost the highlight Of my day. And I used to hate hot teas. I'm on the lookout for yummy hot teas now! (Any suggestions?)

Also, I think if someone has a special diet that no one else should be able to eat the food except the person on the diet. Probably not unpopular at all, but I'm now dairy, egg, peanut, and beef free. There are like 5 containers of pb, leave the Nutella for me. Eat your own damn snacks, leave my dairy free cookies alone. My husband is an asshole. That's probably not an UO either. I also suck today at thinking of anything.

Ooo wait. A fb friend posted a pic of her baby who is like 3.5 mo old eating baby food for the first time, just for funsies and it pissed me off. I get if your baby is needing to gain weight and the pedi advises it, but I also believe that you should wait 4-6 mo before introducing food, even if the baby is just a couple weeks shy. (TBH I think it's best to wait closer to six months but I'm not a dr and I won't judge once that baby hits the 4 mo mark.)
  • Options
    bnikbnik member
    @Arrgcr‌ earl grey tea its yummo
  • Options
    jwp325 said:
    @Gilmore09‌ totally agree! My brother and SIL asked their doc about the likelihood of my niece being born on her due date. EDD was 4/4 and they wanted her to come on the actual due date because SIL is 6/6 and she has a niece and nephew who are 9/9 and 8/8. Doc told them that only 5% of babies are born on their EDD. Not an exact science obviously.
    But but when I get pregnant next June I want the baby to come on my birthday.  DH has a baby on his birthday so I want my birthday present too!

If I really do get pg next June I may or may not consider RCS on my birthday.  Just kidding.  Or am I?
    I have a friend who had her son on her hubby's bday. Then she had her daughter on her birthday - so not intentional though. She had been on bedrest for like 2 months trying to prevent pre-term labor but her water broke that day and she had to have an emergency c-section.

I know it was a really hard day for them when it happened. But how crazy is it that their kids each share their birthdays with a parent?
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    @ccip82 -- I actually enjoy BLW/table food pics, just not pics of babies with spoon-fed purees all over their faces or foods mushed in their hands.
  • Options
    Is that thread gone now? It's not working when I click on it. Can someone recap? @T1131
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    Is that thread gone now? It's not working when I click on it. Can someone recap? @T1131
    I wondered this too, I can't see all of the drama!

• Options
    T1131 said:
    *snip* 
    This was apparently some sick game she was playing where she wanted everyone to like her more than everyone else.

Srsly?  This is an ONLINE FORUM.  I love J14, but I realize we are not IRL friends. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Do you think because we're smaller and have less movement between people coming and going that we have less of a chance of some crazy drama bullshit going down on our FB group?

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Do you think because we're smaller and have less movement between people coming and going that we have less of a chance of some crazy drama bullshit going down on our FB group?
    Aren't you our other fb groups too???

wait. never mind ;)

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    BMReid said:
    @ccip82‌ -- that is an adorable idea for a photo shoot! I might have to copy you!

If I ever win the photo challenge you know what I'm picking :)

sibling love  

• Options
    ccip82 said:

wait. never mind ;)

ccip82 said:

wait. never mind ;)
    /cue paranoia

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    ccip82 said:

wait. never mind ;)

ccip82 said:

wait. never mind ;)
    /cue paranoia
    I barely have enough time for here and FB...let alone multiple FB groups.

sibling love  

• Options
    I already feel like too many worlds have collided on my FB. I don't think everyone in one place is even a good idea. I like that this is a place I come to hang out with certain people in a specific way. Does that make sense? FB feels like a family/high school/work reunion all at the same at the same place. Like, I'll post something snarky and very specific that my friends will totally get and my grandmother will comment like, "What does that mean, Tara?" And I know that you can create groups, but it's a PITA to constantly remember to toggle your audience. Dangerous. 

In short, I'd rather come here. 
    I hate it when that happens. Know exactly what you mean. I think you need the option to categorize groups of friends on fb and only post status updates to certain ones
  • Options
    Rebis58Rebis58 member
    My (maybe?) UO - I think sex-ed should be mandatory. I don't think parents should be able to have their kids opt out.
  • Options
    ccip82 said:
    My OU is very cut and dry today.

Two year old children suck. 

Edited for clarity.
    @ccip82 -I'm there with you, sister....I've lost my cool waaaay too much with DS. I have zero patience and I feel so guilty about it. I seriously can't wait for preschool in September. Again, I feel guilty for saying this. He used to be my sweet, lovable baby. Now, I want to flip my shit with everything he does. I try to pick my battles, but I feel like this is the age where I make it or break it in regards to how he turns out later on in life. I'll admit...i don't know WTF I'm doing in regards to child rearing a toddler. Some people tell me 3 is better and some say "just wait til 3!"  Noooooo.  Prove the nay sayers wrong, my dear son.....

My UO....Raising a toddler can suck it.  I blow at it. I wish kids skipped ages 2-4....right to 5...school age. This is how I feel today. Tomorrow, I'll prob want to adore and love on my banshee of a child. Always has me guessing, that little boy. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I think keeping up with baby books is a pain in the ass. I'm still filling in DS' and he will be 3 in august!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    KEfam5KEfam5 member
    @arrgcr Ohh ohh, I have tried all the tea. Okay, not really but I have tried a whole heck of a lot of tea.
    Lipton Pyramid Teas are delish. Most especially, vanilla caramel truffle and bavarian wild berry. There is also a passion fruit something or other, it comes in a light pink box. It smells just like Froot Loops.  I hated their Vanilla Blackberry, it looked and tasted like cough syrup to me. Gag.
     Bigelow has a great vanilla chai. Constant Comment is also another great one.
    Twinings Irish breakfast is super yummy.
     I am not a fan of Stash brand teas, but that is just me.
    Celestial Seasonings has a lot of herbal teas, good for sore throats and the like.
    English breakfast teas are not as good as Irish breakfast IMO.
    Hope this helps, this was just the stuff I could think of off the top of my head.

• Options
    ac1259ac1259 member

jwp325 said:

But but when I get pregnant next June I want the baby to come on my birthday.  DH has a baby on his birthday so I want my birthday present too!

If I really do get pg next June I may or may not consider RCS on my birthday.  Just kidding.  Or am I?

@MarBee1214‌ my good friend is pregnant and due on her birthday. She's hoping for a VBAC and already said if she winds up needing a RCS (baby is breech currently) she'll schedule it for 39 weeks. I thought it might be cool if they shared a birthday too!

• Options
    ac1259ac1259 member
    @FSUNole31‌ - see I'm the opposite! I don't want DD1 to be the oldest in her class (she's Oct. 3rd), I'm kind of hoping I can talk someone into letting her start when she's turning 5 instead of 6!

• Options
    ac1259 said:
    @FSUNole31‌ - see I'm the opposite! I don't want DD1 to be the oldest in her class (she's Oct. 3rd), I'm kind of hoping I can talk someone into letting her start when she's turning 5 instead of 6!
    @ac1259 -- not a fan of redshirting, I take it? My husband and I were so happy B was a Jan baby. But if we have a child born from Sept-Dec, they won't go until they are 5-almost-6.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"