LGBT Parenting

What's for Dinner Wednesday?

What are you or your SO cooking, buying or ordering tonight? Ant recent great recipe finds you want to share?

QOTW: If you were stuck in the hospital for several days (could be birth-related it not), what food(s) from the outside world would you ask your SO or family to bring you?
Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
*Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's for Dinner Wednesday?

• We had stir-fried chicken, snow peas and noodles.  Delicious.

QOTW: I am thinking about this because I really do have friends asking what they can bring me when I'm in the hospital.  Right now I have a lobster roll and a chai latte on my list (not necessarily together).
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• 2brides2brides member
    Umm...McDonalds in the car. The kids had soccer practice that ran late so I ran through McDonalds on the way home. My Quarter Pounder with no pickles was delicious.  :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We had chicken, asparagus and sugar snap peas in teriyaki sauce and minced garlic. Also threw some egg rolls in the microwave.

QOTW: Ice cream for sure. Probably some pizza as well.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• @ball.and.chain Lobster rolls are my heart's desire. Cor, I need those. Dinner tonight is French Onion soup. I'm caramelizing the onions now. I just used the food processor for the first time and, boy howdy, does that speed it along. I had never used any of the fancy blades until my MIL came and grated cheese in the thing. What-what?! Awesome. I just cook 4-6 yellow onions, add water and beef bullion, then dashes of umami things: shoyu, Worcestershire, Dijon, balsamic. Bowl it, add cubes of toasted, cubed bread and cheese. Ideal is gruyere, but I have Swiss today. It will work. Heaven in a bowl! QOTW: After a month in the hospital, I have to say that I will I always dig real sub sandwiches and pink lemonade for a great hospital treat. Not Subway, but REAL subs. Dang good. Or a Philly cheese steak.

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• CageyMack said:
    @ball.and.chain Lobster rolls are my heart's desire.
    Right???  So good.  Hawaii doesn't seem like a good place to get one, though!

Also totally agree about French Onion Soup.  And the food processor.
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    *Everyone welcome*

• So I just shared this on my birth month board. Here is our weekly plan (w/website for recipes if anyone is interested)

I am finally back on the weekly planning mode. I did this pre-pregnancy while I was on weight watchers, but have severely fallen off track since I have become pregnant.  Here is my weekly menu (BTW---all are from the little Publix placards for meals). I will put the website under each one if anyone is interested

Monday-Ravioli Bianca Bake w/Tomato-Artichoke Salad

Tuesday- Homestyle Chicken Tender Bake (did not make the dessert on the placard)

Wednesday Went out for Chinese 

Thursday- Hearty Shrimp and Roasted Vegetables

Friday- Chicken Tortellini Bake (w/ banana cake bon bons for dessert)

Saturday-Baked Spaghetti with Italian Side Salad

Sunday Tacos (duh)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• obviously I went on a publix kick this week LOL.

Usually try to find a lot of things on the weight watchers site as well.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• We had spaghetti last night.  It was something easy and M loves spaghetti, so it is something she will actually eat without a huge fight.  We also gave M a few plain noodles, she loved them!  We have been giving her a little bit of chunks of food that we eat, but nothing too salted, sweet or spicy.  M is trying mostly plain veggies, fruit and plain stuff like pasta.  She is still eating her baby food and eats like a champ!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"