December 2014 Moms
Options

Down about weight

I get really upset at myself for getting so down about my weight but I truly cant control these bad thoughts. Im overweight, and this pregnancy started off at a higher weight than all my other 3. Everytime I look in the mirror I am completely disgusted with myself. Im going on a trip with a bunch of friends in a couple weeks and dying thinking about being in a bathing suit in front of them. I know my weight isnt a measure of my self worth but man Im really struggling with feeling miserable about it. Anyone else having a hard time? I wish It didnt bother me so much. :(
Baby #4 on the way!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Down about weight

• Options

Yeah, I started out 10lbs heavier around this time from my last pre-pregnancy weight so was already pushing my clothes to the limit.  Now nothing fits but maternity is still too big and it's depressing.  Had to buy my first XL pants at motherhood maternity and it was depressing.  trying not to stress but I might start a food journal to check when I chow down the most and hopefully when my energy returns, I can walk and exercise more to keep things in check.

right now I'm just reminding myself that I'm going to hire a trainer and along with a gym membership afterwards and this will all go away

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm also plus-sized. I wear about a size 12 jeans, and XL or XXL in shirts. I'm definitely top heavy, with a belly. I've noticed that I'm looking larger, but not pregnant by any means. I'm also very insecure about my size. I'm ok with shorts, but I don't like to show off my arms at all.

I've been trying to walk daily, as well as eating healthy options and trying to keep my bowel movements regular, but I still can't help but feel like I'm not doing enough.

I had gotten on this weight loss kick right before getting pregnant (this baby was a surprise), and I lost about 30lbs in the course of a couple months. I was thrilled, but at the same time, I wish I had been able to do more before conceiving. Oh well. Not much we can do about it now, right?

I'm just trying to concentrate on the baby, and his/her needs. My job right now is to ensure that it is born healthy (within my ability), so that means NOT worrying about weight, but just working on being healthy.
  • Options
    This is my 1st pregnancy & I was about 10lbs above my normal weight when I got pregnant. I'm since then up another 10lbs and feeling really crappy. If I do things "right" I should only gain 15-20 more lbs in the next 6 months and at this rate I'm not sure if that will happen!

imageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Me too! I am stating out at my 9 month pregnancy weight this time around, my fourth baby, and it sucks. I already feel tire and run down and like I am 9 months pregnant! It sucks but I just keep thinking about after the baby is born.
    I have a workout plan ready for about three months after and hope I can stick with it. I've lost it before I can do it again. And even if you've never lost it before there's no reason you can't for the first time after the baby is born.
  • Options
    I'm starting this pregnancy at the weight I was 9 months pregnant with dd. I wouldn't worry about ever looking pregnant. With dd I was overweight and definitely looked pregnant. But I am to dreading the summer because I refuse to show anything abovd my elbows. Just in the weird stage where I look chubby and not pregnant. And I don't want to wear my maternity shirts yet because I know my bump isn't actually baby yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"