February 2013 Moms
Options

I don't think I will ever bath this kid again...

We removed the mat in our tub because it... Well... Needed to go. So until we get a new one, I have been putting grippy socks on his feet in case he stands. Well, I need a whole freaking sock for his body. He was using the tub like a slip 'n slide, flipping and turning and splashing. He almost reminded me of a washing machine agitator with how many twisting and turning he did the entire time. He seriously thought it was a blast, even when he would breath in water and start choking or fall onto his back. I could barely hold him down to actually bathe him. I... Don't think I can do it again. I am sure I came out more wet than he was. How do you keep them still? I need help!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: I don't think I will ever bath this kid again...

• Options
    E likes to sit on his hands and knees so I wash him that way. But I've given up on using bibs so he eats in only a diaper and gets a bath after almost every meal.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    We still use a baby tub. :-(

It's technically a transition tub not a regular infant one. It's a big inflatable duck tub. He loves it and it keeps him pretty contained. I also give him a lot of bath toys!

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS is very weird about textures. He will not go in the tub if there is a mat in it.... 

This is totally my sisters. I don't use a bath mat because we have gross water and it always mildews, and I'm super allergic to mildew.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    My kid won't sit in a tub. He wants to run around all over the place. So we shower with him now. :)

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• Options
    We just throw a full size bath towel down before we start filling it with water. It leads to a lot of laundry but it keeps her still.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have a tub similar to the one @fishes showed (ours isn't collapsable. I still bathe DD1 in it... we don't have a tub in our house, and she's terrified of the shower so far. Luckily she's a small almost-3-yr-old, so she still fits well.

We have two rules for the tub: 1) No standing. I tell them once or twice, and then if they stand again, bathtime is over. 2) No splashing unless I close the shower stall doors (we put the bathtub in the shower). Then they can splash to their heart's content.

Could you get another bathmat and only put it in for DS's bath? Then if the problem was mildew, it hopefully wouldn't happen as fast?

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    DS "discovered" himself a while ago, and spends most of his bath time playing with himself.  I have every toy imaginable in the tub, but he ignores them for the most part.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have never used a bath mat. She usually does pretty well in the tub. She only takes a bath about once a week though. She showers with me normally. Much easier. She just plays all around while I take my shower then I clean her. She loves either.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"