3rd Trimester
Options

40w2d Advice?

Going to be induced next week at 41w3d.

A bit nervous because as of my appt. today I am still no change whatsoever from last week: 50% effaced, baby has not dropped, not dilated whatsoever.

My mom didn't dilate even after they tried to induce her and I ended up being a c-section baby. I know it's different for every woman so I never assumed I would have the same experience but now I am just nervous and a bit scared.

Any advice? Did anyone's baby come at the last minute *and* they still hadn't dropped and dilated?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 40w2d Advice?

• Options
    AMcLawsAMcLaws member
    No advice...but I had the same situation as your mom. Wasn't ideal, but wasn't the end of the world for me, either.

I hope your baby decides to come on his/her own time!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    It's definitely possible to still naturally go into labor any minute now.... and a lot of times it's normal for the baby not to drop until literally last minute. Have you tried anything to naturally induce?

Like having sex, nipple stimulation, eating spicy foods etc. Some of those MAY help you progress?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Only advice is be patient. Everything can change at the drop of the hat. Everyone's birth experience is different regardless of their other family members' experiences.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    At my 40 week appt I wasn't dilated and I went into labor on my own at 40w4d. When I arrived at triage I was only 1cm, but they kept me because my water had partially broken and my contractions were strong, close and consistent.

• Options
    Drink lots of water, stay active and find anything you can to take your mind off of it! And don't take castor oil -- it rarely turns out well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    NoodleMNoodleM member
    I had an appointment at 40 weeks 2 days with my first and there was nothing going on up there. Two days later I woke up in labour. My labour only took 8 hours and I did it without an epidural. Things can happen quickly and all of a sudden, don't stress too much.

• Options
    With my last son I had absolutely no signs of labor at my appt....cervix high and closed and not soft, etc. and the very next day I went into labor and had him within 8 hours from first sign at home to delivery.
    Praying this little one sticks!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My sister went to 42 weeks with absolutely zero progress, but ended up being induced w/Pitocin and delivering vaginally after 5 failed attempts to get things going with Cervadil. Hang in there!

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• Options
    With DS I was induced at 41 weeks. Although he had dropped, I went in at 0%, 0 cm and went on to have a vaginal delivery. It wasn't too bad...pitocin really worked for me I guess. Good luck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ty all for the advice! we had tried sex, walking, nipple stim, spicy foods, and i was doing hip circles on the labor ball. i was going to be induced next week at 41w3d, but I am happy that as of this morning 40w5d now - stuff is happening finally! I had bright red blood, called the doc to give her a heads up, then lots of gushing liquid which changed to sticky clear and pink discharge. I think I'm losing the plug in pieces right now. My mom is with me just in case and I told hubby to stay at work for now. I hope this means she will come tonight or tomorrow since in 5 days past due already >.>
  • Options
    Nekotaru said:

ty all for the advice! we had tried sex, walking, nipple stim, spicy foods, and i was doing hip circles on the labor ball. i was going to be induced next week at 41w3d, but I am happy that as of this morning 40w5d now - stuff is happening finally! I had bright red blood, called the doc to give her a heads up, then lots of gushing liquid which changed to sticky clear and pink discharge. I think I'm losing the plug in pieces right now.

My mom is with me just in case and I told hubby to stay at work for now. I hope this means she will come tonight or tomorrow since in 5 days past due already >.>

I was told to go in for bright red blood or "gushing liquid". Did you doc still say to wait at home?

• Options
    That's great - hope things went well for you OP! I was going to suggest napping while you can but I'm guessing you already have your baby now. Enjoy!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"