Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sunscreen for the head/hair

DS has really fine, light colored hair and is really pale.  He doesn't always want to keep a hat on, and I wanted to see what solutions people have come up with for getting sunscreen on the head/hair.  Last summer, DS was still pretty bald, so I just put regular cream on.  I am wondering if a spray would work...The pool opens this weekend, and keeping a hat on will be even more complicated.

Thoughts?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sunscreen for the head/hair

• Options
    I've never heard of SS for hair. Wouldn't that be yucky? you never know, they could be so distracted by pool fun, they wont care about the hat.
  • Options
    mb314mb314 member
    edited May 2014
    It is yucky to put sunscreen in their hair, and it's not that effective once they have a certain amount of hair.  Thanks @theresat858.  I will look into the mineral powder.  I have the same issue with my part, too. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My son is totally bald.  He has alopecia.  We use the Aveeno kids stick!  We can't really use anything else besides this prescription stuff his derm gave us.  But we found we had to apply the Aveeno less.
    Little Man 1.8.11
    Freshie Girl 9.29.12
  • Options
    I once got my husband a head/ scalp spray sunscreen. I think you can find it in hair salons, but I am not sure if there is a kid kind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I was just at BRU yesterday and bought a sunscreen spray specifically for scalps that claims it's non greasy.  We'll see!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    California Baby's leave in conditioners say they have natural sunscreens in them. Maybe damp hair in the am and rub that in? 
  • Options
    Meery82Meery82 member

I make my own sunscreen for DD and rub that stuff right onto her head. The greasy hair is NBD to me and since it is mostly coconut oil it's actually pretty good for her hair.

@StrawberryDreams219‌ , could you please share your recipe?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"