Cincinnati Babies
Options

Question for all you moms...

I don't post often and never here since I don't have kids but some of you may recognize me from the knot/nest. Anyway, I need to hear your take on this situation and please know that I am not trying to offend anyone - I just have never give birth and I am not sure how my thought will change afterward.

We have tons of friends who are having babies and in the past few months we have received tons of pictures of new babies.  Well, the last few have been pretty graphic and, to me and my DH, inappropriate to send to friends/coworkers.  For example my DH's male friend sent us pictures and one was of the little guy just deleivered.  I am not talking full on crotch pictures but pretty close.  They then said more pics can be found on this link-- a link to an online picture site where there were more graphic pictures and then a close up of the mom (who I am friends with but not that close) breast feeding.  I have no problem with boobs, crotch, breast feeding, etc but my husband almost had a heart attach and was so grossed out.  I tried to explain that they were probably just really excited about the miracle of birth and did not realize that others would not want to see this.  Then a week later the same thing happened - pictures of bloody thighs, feet up in stirrups, huge boobs, etc.  Some friends I have to beg them to send pics others might as well send the video. 

What do you think about this??  I think it is fine but maybe a disclaimer needs to be sent along with the email :)   

Re: Question for all you moms...

• Options

Good lord!  IMO, this is not okay!  I think that is too personal to be sharing, but then again I didn't want anyone in the delivery room with me other than DH. 

WOW.  They really sent pics of mom right after delivery?  Just thinking of it makes me queasy.

• Options
    Yowzers!  I don't think that is cool either.  I would have never done that, heck, I didn't even want anyone taking my picture when I was even pregnant!  I also gave the MW instructions to have Kat cleaned up before she was handed to me after birth.  I agree with pp, thinking about that is kind of making my stomach do a flip flop.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    eeew. eeeew.eeew. I would NEVER send pictures like that. IMO, this is NOT the norm!!
  • Options
    I'm hesitant about my MIL seeing my feet up in stirrups let alone distant friends. ?The graphic photos are a bit much. ?I think the only pics we will show are after the baby is born and not the process. ?Standard family pic and maybe the pic of her being weighed or whatever. ?Def not of me breastfeeding or pushing. geez.?
  • Options
    Well I haven't given birth yet but I can assure you there will be no such pictures distributed (or taken) of me!
  • Options
    I am so glad some of you felt the same way I do.  I thought it was completely gross and was scared that I would feel different after being pg or having a baby and I would do the same thing.  I am also gald to hear that some of you will clean the baby up before sending pics - I forgot how many bloody and white pictures I have received.    
  • Options

Yikes! I can't imagine ever wanting people to see me like that! I would never send those kinds of pics! Not even to my mom!!

However I am totally guilty of naked baby pictures :)

The other stuff sounds really scary!! Sorry you had to see all that!

• Options
    IMO this is inappropriate. At the very least a disclaimer needs to be sent. At the least.
  • Options

No, I don't think shots of crotches & bloody thighs are normal to send out to family & friends!  I'm pretty desensitized to breastfeeding though, I don't think those pictures would bother me but I can see how they might make others uncomfortable.

In fact I was horrified when I realized that in picture a nurse took of DH holding Piper right after she was born you can see me with my legs up in stirrups in the background, and I didn't see it until after MIL sent the whole album out to their entire family. I still cringe thinking of that!

• Options
    We had pics posted for family right after his birth but there are no crotch pics at all!  There are some that had the baby just out on my cest (clothed chest).  I think the others are way too personal!  Those are for DH and I only.
    Our kids are 19mths apart and we LOVE it!!

Married to my BFF on 8.13.05 (after dating 5 years)!

DS born 2.14.08. DD born 9.30.09.

• Options
    I have graphic photos from right after my c section.  The nurse anesthetist took several photos over the drapes right after they pulled DD out.  You cannot see anything other than baby and doctor's hands.  No open abdomen shots or anything.  That said, those photos are very very precious to DH and I because we know that at least one or two were even before she took that first breath.  I would NOT randomly mail or email those out to people.  My closest family has seen them because they asked to see them.  I agree...too personal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Whoa!  WHY would someone WANT other people to see that?  Bloody thighs????  I have never even heard of anyone sending pics like that out.  I can understand the baby after just being born, but not the others you describe.  Yikes!
  • Options
    Wanna see my crotch?ha. No, not the norm. 
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    Wow. Way too graphic. Some people are more interested in sharing than others, but I agree a little note would be nice-- something like, "Here are some pictures of us with the baby. Some pictures are from when she was just born, so if you don't want to see those, skip to picture 15!" or something. I was very private and the "post-birth" pic I posted on our pictures was taken the next day, when I had combed and put up my hair and put on makeup, lol. Verrry realistic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"